Forest want Tommy

jhq

He will not be going to Forest thats for sure

Half way through his speech at player  of year tonight he pretended to get a call from  someone 

After a pause  he said out loud  in that accent of his " Na no thanks" then went on to slag Dundee and Hearts  and congratulate his own teams achievements

he's here for a long time in my opinion 

Half way through his speech at player  of year tonight he pretended to get a call from  someone 

After a pause  he said out loud  in that accent of his " Na no thanks" then went on to slag Dundee and Hearts  and congratulate his own teams achievements

Just like Stevie May?

Maybe TW misses Nottingham and we need to give him a big East Stand chant of the robin hoods to make him feel at ease.

Tommy Wright Tommy Wright leader of the pack

Tommy Wright Tommy Wright got Jackie mac the sack

Swanson on the left Spoony on the right

Tommy Wright Tommy Wright Tommy Wright

nice one mate.

I got a madras on ma plate

Assan he misses you

Sometimes he bungs us a freebie or two

But he cannae do take aways  tae Elgin though  ha ha ha.

Didn't get that impression, I think he knows he's taken Saints as far as he can, bigger budget or not. If he stays and we get top 6 again next season I reckon he will move south. 

If Forest come calling, I think he'll go. I wouldn't blame him either - absolutely massive club with a lot of potential to progress. If things aren't going well, he'd be out the door pretty quickly but I'd back him to get it.

Edited by Kyle

That league is a graveyard for managers....10 bad results and you're out. I just wonder if he looks at what happened to Lomas and wouldn't take the risk. As far as I know Lomas, hasn't managed to get a job and it looks likely he'll never get a job in football again.

If Forest come calling, I think he'll go. I wouldn't blame him either - absolutely massive club with a lot of potential to progress. If things aren't going well, he'd be out the door pretty quickly but I'd back him to get it.

Would be daft not to take it as long as he gets 3 year contract ,as with their reputation he will be out the door within 6 months with a huge pay off unless he wins the league.

That league is a graveyard for managers....10 bad results and you're out. I just wonder if he looks at what happened to Lomas and wouldn't take the risk. As far as I know Lomas, hasn't managed to get a job and it looks likely he'll never get a job in football again.

lomas was a fool whereas Tommy is just plain cool

Forest fan here. Interesting thread but I think you can probably rest easy. Forest's owners are currently negotiating selling a controlling stake in the club to the owner of Olympiakos. We're not appointing anyone until this goes through and it's unlikely new owner will want to go for anyone other than a 'name'. TW would be far too sensible an appointment.

To placate fans whilst the takeover goes through, the current owner put it out that they wanted to get a manager in with links to Forest so this is likely just papers talking  bollocks. 

More made up crap from the Daily Ranger, but they would be daft not to look at him. We can't hold on to him forever. 

Holding on? Ever thought he might want to be here!

Anyway the DR are just filling news sheet space. There are much bigger issues they should be dealing with but are remaining strangely silent.

Edited by Indicator
To add.

Forest fan here. Interesting thread but I think you can probably rest easy. Forest's owners are currently negotiating selling a controlling stake in the club to the owner of Olympiakos. We're not appointing anyone until this goes through and it's unlikely new owner will want to go for anyone other than a 'name'. TW would be far too sensible an appointment.

To placate fans whilst the takeover goes through, the current owner put it out that they wanted to get a manager in with links to Forest so this is likely just papers talking  bollocks. 

And in the case of this particular paper you can be pretty sure that is the case.

They excel at sowing the seeds of uncertainty and discontent amongst smaller Scottish clubs whenever they have column space to fill.

Edited by Indicator

Maybe Leicester's achievements have made some managers reappraise what might be possible on a limited budget. I'd hope TW is among them and set his sights a wee bit higher. It doesn't help when vacuous media folk push the line that a cup win should be the limit of ambition unless your club is one of their favoured three or four (or more realistically, two).

Thanks for sharing Misty. Stop by from time to time if you care to.

Maryinakis ? TW I warn you to stay where you are !

If he is as genuine as he seems then he is a total saints legend most other managers and players left at the first opportunity

His motivations seem to be different to the previous managers. Perhaps it's an age thing, or perhaps he's just happy to find a job at a club that is a good fit for him and in an area that he (and his wife, importantly) enjoys living. It took him a while to properly up sticks and move everything over here full time, so it's obviously not a decision that he takes lightly. He speaks openly about not enjoying big city living, and I can't imagine he would be a fan of constantly moving around from job to job chasing the dream.

This is purely guess-work and assumptions, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons the Dundee United job may have been considered by TW earlier in the season is because it's just down the road and would have meant he could still live where he is.

Unless a 'too good to be true' offer from a club down south appears, then I imagine that he'll be with us until his country comes calling.

A Forest fan I work with just told me pretty much the same thing. He also said he reckons they're unlikely to pursue anyone whose contract they'd have to buy out.

Personally I believe Tommy sees his long-term future here and it would take an incredibly good offer to tempt him away. He seems settled here and less driven to move to bigger clubs than his predessecors have. I think he quite fancies himself as an Alex Ferguson or Dario Gradi type who wants to stay at one club and develop it for the long haul - but there probably aren't many clubs other than Saints who'd give him that opportunity. But I also think that his general image may well have helped us in terms of keeping him off other club's radars.

His playing career also suggests that he's never been one to move around a lot, even when he was second choice keeper for quite a lot of his time.

I think we're safe for now. The Northern Ireland job remains the one that would worry me.