The Rangers v Saints. Wed 26/10/16

The ghost of Jim Morton

The first half tactics completely ruined that match. There was no need to show them that much respect, and absolutely no need for it to be all square at half time. Their goal came from their umpteenth first half corner, all of which were won because we stood back, let them run right at us and didn't even look as if we wanted the ball. As soon as we started to attack in the second half we looked dangerous, that should have been the game plan from the word go.

If there's one thing that frustrates me more than anything about tommy it's his glaringly obvious fear of playing our own game with confidence against so called bigger teams. We could be in second place tonight had we not been so cautious. Rangers do not have a team that we should be afraid of.

Big positive tonight was Alston, who looked impressive. Hopefully this gives him a bit of confidence and we can start to see what he's really capable of.

Watched the game on Vibox on my setee with vino in hand 200 miles from grey skull graveyard on my iPhone. Ref very biased for new **** ,looked like good saints support great point clear in second on our own on Saturday. DFC bye bye biggest worry for footie as we know it live and exciting on a cold night in Arbroath is how easy it is to sit at home and watch the game in the palm of my hand.

Take a point I suppose but could easily have been three. They just scare clubs anymore. The fear factor has gone. Sadly we never witnessed our goal due to traffic problems meaning we missed the first 15 minutes but I thought we played quite well. They look pretty average to be honest and Ra Peepil were seething at the time it took them to get the ball up the park. Every time the keeper had the ball at his feet they went mental after about 2 seconds. It was indeed most hilarious. Well done Saints.

missed the goal to die to the horrendous traffic. heard a massive roar as we came in and just presumed rangers had an early goal. not sure if that early goal was the reason we sat back but the 2nd half was much better, motm for saints was between Alston and foderingham he looked a nervous wreck and constantly put his defence under pressure obviously under bread mans direction, well done to tommy for putting men on there defenders at goal kicks.

raging that the ref gave the corner that lead to their goal. another woeful display esp the linesman. wallace tripped kano in the corner then pulled him down the linesman was a yard away an never gave it. kano was constantly pulled over by their defenders. garner was on a yellow after a nasty looking challenge,( which the saints player got booked for also) and then pushed a saints player over no booking?