Player contracts and transfers

David123

Can any of you switched on guys tell me what the Macca position is?  I understood he was contracted until June with a year extension option.  Surely well worth signing him up to June 2018 at least?  No sign of sustained promise in our younger strikers yet so I reckon we will continue to need his experience and goal scoring ability for a wee while yet.

I'm not sure the way forward for us is buying established players. We should expect a mix of youth coming through the ranks or signed for no or low fee at the start of their career. That said, many will not work out but there is usually a Stevie May or two among them. EDIT - meant to say, that young Dylan Bikey would be a good one to bring in.

Even though that's the method that's brought uis so much success over the past 6/7 years?

I might have to duck for cover here but I would rather we stuck to that method than "investing" any more money in the youth policy than we already do.

From the interview with Macca on last night's Tuesday Team Talk....

"I've played my number of games, so it's just about sitting down with the chairman and sorting it out and I'm sure it'll be done in the near future...       ....yeah definitely I want to stay here.  I think everybody knows that.  I'm happy, I'm happy playing my football.  I'm happy with everything that's going on here and hopefully I'll be here next season."

Bikey, scoring for fun, at a level probably just above the level that Hunter was scoring for Spartans 2nd string or whatever you call it and our U20s last season, so is he worth a punt ahead of the aforementioned? Not sure he is the answer.

Any relation tae Stanley Bikey?   :twisted:

Heard Hibs and United were looking at him as well.

Bikey, scoring for fun, at a level probably just above the level that Hunter was scoring for Spartans 2nd string

Are you genuinely suggesting that the lowland league u20s is "just below" League Two level? 

Folk seem to forget Hunters goals were for Spartans youth side and not the senior side. 

Edited by RandomGuy

1. Are you genuinely suggesting that the lowland league u20s is "just below" League Two level? 

2. Folk seem to forget Hunters goals were for Spartans youth side and not the senior side. 

1. Not my words. No longer full of journeymen on their last legs any more then? I am sure some of these U20s in the Lowland League would be equally at home, plying their trade,( "just above" their present level) in the basement 4th tier of Scottish Football.

2. Not me, as I mentioned it in my post.

I remember my disdain when we signed a young unknown John Brogan from Albion Rovers.

George Hunter HAS to make his mark this season or he will be moving on.

Young fella at Stirling Albion has the potential to be a very useful striker and this is the reason we will be considering him. 

Anyone with either pace or power and a basic set of footballing skills is what saints need. Big Tade had pace and power, footballing skills? Not so much.

I miss Gregory.

Was thinking that at the game last night.

Pace + power - skills = Saints

Pace + power + skills = Celtic until they play in Europe :)

Has to be released before the end of the transfer window to be able to get a move I would presume, He has done his shop window presentation and now he is on his sales pitch, I presume we have seen him at training earlier on so we will know whether he is a good investment or not time will tell.  

might just be a coincidence but at the same time as he was being released by Stirling they were agreeing a loan from rangers of a young player.  

We've missed the boat with Bikey, bigger, richer clubs are now interested. 

Anyway we're too busy trying to finalise contracts six months after they should've, to try and actually sign anyone. 

We have maybe not missed the boat - we maybe decided to let the boat sail after trials. You don't know.

And as for signing folk up 6 months ago doing things like that caused financial problems in some clubs.