Kilmarnock V St.Johnstone Saturday 30th January

SaintJet

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I fully support my comments at halftime we defended dreadfully and struggled to get a shot on target. Our defence is anything but solid, Rooney one of the worst culprits and once again Kane worked hard, run around but produced nothing. Did I think we would win, no I did not as someone mentioned it was 1972 the last time we came back to win from 2 down in the top flight.

But having said all that I am a happy bunny it was a wonderful come back, which I put down to our formation 3.4.1.2 It has proved itself on a number of occasions this season. CD should continue to play it in every game for the remainder of the season. And there are players who if fit must start

?

Kerr    Gordon    McCart

Rooney    McCann     ?    Tanser

Wotherspoon

Melamed    ?

However CD will not he will go back to his favoured 3.4.3 Why else would his January signing be a wide playing midfielder.

I really like Jamie McCart in general and I think he will continue to grow, but I would single him out before I criticised Rooney yesterday. He got caught the wrong side of far too many occasions.

28 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I really like Jamie McCart in general and I think he will continue to grow, but I would single him out before I criticised Rooney yesterday. He got caught the wrong side of far too many occasions.

First Killie goal we had 7 in the box . Second we had 5 . Do they get in each others way or day they leave it to each other. It seems we lose a lot of goals from close in. I think we have a good defence but they are young so hopefully they learn .

I think that was the best Saints performance I've seen in a while. Even in the first half when we were 2-0 down I thought we were playing pretty well. What was very impressive for me was that at 2-0 down we didn't give up. The players kept their heads, held their shape, and just kept trying. 

I also think that we again saw how much more dangerous we are with a front two. Melamed has a real touch of class and seems to link up equally well with both Kane and May ( can I be the first to introduce 'Maylamed' into Saints vernacular :D). Surely he has to keep his place in the team for the long-term now?

We really need to try to kick on from this now. The league is so tight and there's barely anything between most of the teams, but I feel that when things click for us we have a very good team and we really should be higher up the league than we are. I don't see why we can't be up beside Livi and St Mirren when you look at their squads and compare them to our squad.

Bit surprised Dyer's gone after that as I thought he was doing OK. Hopefully Lennon can hold onto his job for just long enough for the Curse of Saints to strike again in a few weeks.

15 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Apparently its the first time since 1972 in top flight that we have reversed a negative 2.0 Half time  to positive 3.2 full time 

Well done.  I can remember a game v Forfar in 59 or 60 when we were 3 goals down and still won.  Mind you we needed the help of a snowstorm which saw the match abandoned with 11 minutes to go.  We won the replay 1 - 0 on a sunny evening in April, goal scored by the one and only Joe Carr.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I think that was the best Saints performance I've seen in a while. Even in the first half when we were 2-0 down I thought we were playing pretty well. What was very impressive for me was that at 2-0 down we didn't give up. The players kept their heads, held their shape, and just kept trying. 

I also think that we again saw how much more dangerous we are with a front two. Melamed has a real touch of class and seems to link up equally well with both Kane and May ( can I be the first to introduce 'Maylamed' into Saints vernacular :D). Surely he has to keep his place in the team for the long-term now?

We really need to try to kick on from this now. The league is so tight and there's barely anything between most of the teams, but I feel that when things click for us we have a very good team and we really should be higher up the league than we are. I don't see why we can't be up beside Livi and St Mirren when you look at their squads and compare them to our squad.

Bit surprised Dyer's gone after that as I thought he was doing OK. Hopefully Lennon can hold onto his job for just long enough for the Curse of Saints to strike again in a few weeks.

Agree with all that but I am sure Callum will change it again on Wednesday with Melamed having a niggle.

Will also try & get Bryson & Conway in there somewhere. They are his signings after all.

3 hours ago, dave mc said:

You’ll get most away games on Hesgoals if you’re wanting to watch 

Ended up watching it on dodgy Hesgoals as I couldn’t for the life of me get logged on to the killietv to actually pay for it . Seen the game but I think it finished about Half six with all the times it froze .

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Agree with all that but I am sure Callum will change it again on Wednesday with Melamed having a niggle.

Will also try & get Bryson & Conway in there somewhere. They are his signings after all.

You are still trying to throw doubt on Melamed niggle because the manager plays it down but pictures on the TV clearly show his knee taped up.

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

You are still trying to throw doubt on Melamed niggle because the manager plays it down but pictures on the TV clearly show his knee taped up.

A lot of players have tapes on their legs. Macca spent 2 or 3 seasons with tapes on his legs.

Melamed threw himself into tackles & covered every blade of plastic on the pitch. I don't think he could have done that with a niggle 2 or 3 days earlier.

Just watched the goals back and it’s great to see Guy grabbing the ball to get the game going quickly after the first two goals. Love it.

Even better, he was properly in the middle of the goal celebrations after the 3rd.

I felt like he was looking like a bit of an outsider after his first goal for us but hopefully he’s bedding in with the lads now. 

Anyone have a clue who he pulled the Frazer Wright-esque “crying” face at, at the end of the game? 

10 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Just watched the goals back and it’s great to see Guy grabbing the ball to get the game going quickly after the first two goals. Love it.

Even better, he was properly in the middle of the goal celebrations after the 3rd.

I felt like he was looking like a bit of an outsider after his first goal for us but hopefully he’s bedding in with the lads now. 

Anyone have a clue who he pulled the Frazer Wright-esque “crying” face at, at the end of the game? 

Yep. Noticed his eagerness to get the ball to restart the game after the goals.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

I noticed that!! Love it.

It’s not very Saints but a wee injection of confidence is what comes with bringing in players from outside of the Scottish leagues. Melamed clearly has a bit of swagger and I think we are all liking what we see.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

32 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I noticed that!! Love it.

It’s not very Saints but a wee injection of confidence is what comes with bringing in players from outside of the Scottish leagues. Melamed clearly has a bit of swagger and I think we are all liking what we see.

Also pleasing is his sense of awareness, most obvious in his positioning for his goal and in his pass to Ali for the 3rd.

19 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Do you think he was doing a terrible job? He had them pretty much where I expect Kilmarnock to be, which is somewhere around the bottom half of the table but above the relegation fight.

Tbf I think they've won 2 games in the last 3 months before our game.

In the game before this weekend they conceded 2 goals in added time to lose 2-0, then they capitulated against us after being 2 up.

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

In the game before this weekend they conceded 2 goals in added time to lose 2-0, then they capitulated against us after being 2 up.

...really doesn't say a lot for Saints that they were on the same points as us, with a game in hand and a better goal difference, up until Saturday then.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

I liked him, but I think recently he just looked really uninterested in interviews. When managers are asked what went wrong after a game and they say that they don’t know. I think that sets off alarm bells for the Chairman. I seem to remember one interview recently when he was asked if his time was up and he said something along the lines of “well, it could be. If so, nevermind”.