Zander

SaintJet

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I wonder if Davidson is thinking , if I had just held off a couple of more weeks Zander would have re-signed.

If the chance arises he better re-sign him.

We are due a Crystal Palace loanee and a shite keeper nothing.

Pay Parish off, let the other 2 compete for number 1 until Ross is back next year.

1 hour ago, Center Half said:

Zander is holding off in the hope for Rangers to sign him!Rangers are still looking to sign a goalkeeper ! 

McLachlan,McGregor.and the other guy whose name I can't remember. McCrorie ?

I think Zander would still sign as number 3 mind you.

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

I wonder if Davidson is thinking , if I had just held off a couple of more weeks Zander would have re-signed.

Zander will wait until Sept if nothing turns up before the end of the window. All it takes is a couple of transfers on deadline day..

Lets not kid ourselves though, he is NOT good enough for the OF

12 hours ago, rickardo said:

Pish . But hopefully the seance prevail.

There’s a reason he’s still without a club. He’s an average keeper. Had a great season and a half with us but under Tommy, Zander was bottom of all the metrics used to judge goalkeepers in the league for two years. 

28 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

There’s a reason he’s still without a club. He’s an average keeper. Had a great season and a half with us but under Tommy, Zander was bottom of all the metrics used to judge goalkeepers in the league for two years. 

If he is that bad then how on earth did he get into the Scotland squad?? 

17 minutes ago, mainstand said:

If he is that bad then how on earth did he get into the Scotland squad?? 

We aren’t exactly blessed with a huge choice of good keepers under the age of 38 right now, quite a rare thing for Scotland as it’s one position we’ve generally produced successfully down the years. 

I think Zander doesn’t have the quickest reactions and is quite slow at getting down to shots. 

A good, reliable keeper at our level? Absolutely. But I’m not convinced he has a big step up in him. The OF pressure cooker is definitely a big step up, where any mistake is vilified. 

think he’d be solid enough at Championship level but doesn’t seem to be getting the bites down South. 

5 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

We aren’t exactly blessed with a huge choice of good keepers under the age of 38 right now, quite a rare thing for Scotland as it’s one position we’ve generally produced successfully down the years. 

I think Zander doesn’t have the quickest reactions and is quite slow at getting down to shots. 

A good, reliable keeper at our level? Absolutely. But I’m not convinced he has a big step up in him. The OF pressure cooker is definitely a big step up, where any mistake is vilified. 

think he’d be solid enough at Championship level but doesn’t seem to be getting the bites down South. 

You are correct I think he thinks he’s better than he really is, he has a good year after the couple of seasons before when he was rank. 

12 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Your second statement is 100% spot on !

big frame is shite at each post and that is where we lost goals , lots of goals . Well said 

40 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Is Zander still training with the club. Hard to see how else he's been able to keep fit and even if he gets a deal next week he wont be match sharp

He seems to be training regularly with John Gibson - https://www.johngibsongk.co.uk/about-us

If he was waiting on Stoke, he has been badly let down by his agent, now that O'Neil is away. Scotland are due to play in the next few weeks and he is not going to get selected if he does not have a club. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Edited by Aitchy

Hibs could have signed him on a year contract but didn’t. Was he not guaranteed to be first choice? Is he holding out for something better than Hibs?(not Dundee United then). Did Hibs just prefer an unknown 22 year old English loanee who has barely played a match for 5 years, to a Scottish internationalist?

All very odd!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

7 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Hibs could have signed him on a year contract but didn’t. Was he not guaranteed to be first choice? Is he holding out for something better than Hibs?(not Dundee United then). Did Hibs just prefer an unknown 22 year old English loanee who has barely played a match for 5 years, to a Scottish internationalist?

All very odd!

Think Dabrowski’s only out for 2 months, so getting Zander wouldn’t make too much sense down the line

13 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

All very odd!

David Marshall is first choice.