Sack the Manager?

Shibbydoo

Sack the Manager?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

When we are relegated and then Davidson gets the sacked - you can all revel in it.

CD and the team need SUPPORT now, as they ahve done all season, as they struggled with the post pandemic and mismatch squad.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

The team have had a fantastic support this year. That's undeniable. 

The mess on the pitch? Callum is absolutely culpable of that. 

Careful what we wish for? At this point it's hard to see someone actually doing a worse job. 

Thank **** for the even bigger shitshow just down the road or we'd be relegated already.

Is there some sort of relegation clause that means the chairman is hanging on until the end of the season so he can sack him on the cheap?

Give Cleland & Craig the last few games of the season. They now have 2 games that are fairly meaningless to get us ready for the playoffs. The perfect time is now.

6 hours ago, pezza70 said:

Does anyone think the board might be quietly hoping the little club gets relegated with a massive clean out and wages saved and we just bring in lower division journeyman with n the cheap?

I've heard other people say this from time to time but I just don't see how this could possibly be the case. Relegation will be a financial nightmare for the club. Home attendances will plummet, we'll get no visiting clubs with big travelling supports, and we'll be stuck with a bloated squad of inadequate players who we can't get rid of. I really can't think of a single positive that would come from going down.

19 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

When we are relegated and then Davidson gets the sacked - you can all revel in it.

CD and the team need SUPPORT now, as they ahve done all season, as they struggled with the post pandemic and mismatch squad.

Why would we revel in it? None of us actually want this to happen, but the fact is it's happening. The club has had the choice of either dealing with that and taking action to stop it when there was still time, or burying its head in the sand and hoping that things would miraculously improve on their own. 

The team has had brilliant support all season and I'm sure it will continue to do so for the last few games, but being a good supporter isn't the same thing as lying to yourself and pretending everything's fine.

37 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Disagree completely. The backing the players have had from the crowd has been FAR more than any of them deserve. 

In fact, I think if the fans in the stands had turned on the manager, he might have been out of a job by now. I’d think the FCU have helped to keep him in his job. 

49 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

I care, just pissed off at where we are, from what was recently a club that could have locked in a strong future. This isn't reveling, this is "we need a fuking change". The worst is this at saints, fans ranting on a forum, its not like we have banners  or eggs thrown at CD, demonstrations. I've seen nothing but incredible support from the fans, despite what's been a horrific season to watch.

Going down would a complete and utter disaster long-term, for so many reasons, I feel sick thinking about it. And if we go down, you will see a lot of angry people at CD and Broons, and I doubt any will be revelers. 

Could somebody with a better footballing brain than mine explain exactly what we think Callum's tactics are?

My anger might be appeased a little if I understood what it is he is actually trying to do.

What's the game plan to go out and get 3 points, there surely has to be one.

1 hour ago, MySpazz said:

I wish for a manager that tries to win us games of football. 

Like every other manager we've ever had.

And if something doesn't work I'd like to see a manager who tries something else.

I really don't think it's too much to ask and it's certainly not Callum bashing, don't think any of us dislike/hate him just yet, he just shows no signs of doing anything that allows me to give him my support.

I think the problem with the season is that it was all so preventable. It's not like Dundee going down, they had a crack at the SPL, weren't good enough, try again in 2 seasons, etc. You could see our season unfolding like a car crash in slow motion. Every decision just seemed worse that the last.

3 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

Could somebody with a better footballing brain than mine explain exactly what we think Callum's tactics are?

My anger might be appeased a little if I understood what it is he is actually trying to do.

In a sense, I could forgive the tactics. It's the putting the club and players down to the press that gets me. The squandering of transfer funds. The offering long contracts to players that clearly aren't up to it, but are 'favourites' of the manager. The bad treatment of other players, who seem to have potential, but stand up to him. The pettiness of the decision making. The fact that he tried to make even worse decisions than those we've seen, but was stopped by the Chairman.

27 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

Park the bus.

Score from a set piece after Kane had won a foul. 

Park the bus more and win 1-0.

We seem to have invested a considerable sum in players this season. Most of it has been totally wasted as very few of the signing are played much so what good has that been. We also have a talent in signing strikers who never score, not one goal from Eutu, Cifti,Buar or the Ingram lad. What are we going to do with them all.

I've not posted for a while, but feel compelled to throw my tuppence worth in.  We are facing a playoff against one of two decent sides, but I still believe we have better players than both.  Better players who are hamstrung by playing a system that is 100% dependent on 2 players that we sold in August.  I think there's a massive case for Callum going now, and getting someone in who might be prepared to design a strategy around the players we have, and not the ones we don't.  In my opinion it's the only way we can win the forthcoming playoff.

9 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

We didn’t see it coming:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59720196

Our performances haven't changed much at all since then and - other than a brief spell around the time of the Hearts game, before Hallberg had been shackled by our system - every game has been like groundhog day.

I said on here in January that I was worried CD's masterplan of bringing in a huge raft of new players might not make any difference, and I think that's turned out to be the case because it was never really the players that were the problem. Yes, a couple of good signings in the right areas could have helped, but the real problem is the system we play and the manager's refusal (or inability?) to make proactive changes during a match.

We've signed 19 players this season. I actually think you could remove all 19 of those from the squad and make do with what we already had, and we'd be no worse off.

8 minutes ago, Linky said:

From what I've heard, the Chairman is backing him even if we go down. He'll have the chance to get us promoted again.

The fact that there has been a wall of silence from on high, despite piss poor performances, and not even the dreaded vote of (no) confidence, makes me also think this could be the case.