Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

3 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Macca is in The Courier and says that a third signing is close. Then he'd ideally like another three.

Reads like a total of 3 more signings....  

“I’m happy with the two we’ve done and hopefully we can bring another three in.”

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I reckon there's probably a plan to make a two or three more permanent signings if we can get them, and then beef up the squad with a couple of loan signings at the end of the window.

Both these signings were not what I expected from the club, let’s hope the final ones are of the same ilk and have strong drive and ambition.

I always thought Guy was a rabbit out the hat signing, and no way I would expected we got a keeper who has plenty of footy behind him already.

Covid killed every young player’s improvement over the last two years, so it’s great to see we are giving sone of them a chance early on, whether by choice or by no one left to play, the key is that they are playing I believe.

2 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

I always thought Guy was a rabbit out the hat signing, and no way I would expected we got a keeper who has plenty of footy behind him already.

Interesting that St Mirren have brought Stav Nahmani over from the Israeli league and he scored two goals on his debut. Feels like there's a lot of talent to be found there.

Melamed definitely seemed like a talent we never really took advantage of having at our disposal. If only he was arriving now instead of three years ago I reckon he'd probably do very well here with Macca's more attacking mindset and greater willingness to give chances to players.

6 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

Ex Falkirk player and one of Mitovs teammates from last season the next player we are trying to get in.

Another injury prone central midfielder isn't one that thrills me, but he's the right type of player and profile. 

Then again maybe I'm being harsh, since it was a broken leg he got early in his career, but there's always a risk there. 

Edited by Widge

11 minutes ago, Widge said:

Another injury prone central midfielder isn't one that thrills me, but he's the right type of player and profile. 

Then again maybe I'm being harsh, since it was a broken leg he got early in his career, but there's always a risk there. 

Leg break was 7 years ago. Since then he has played over 200 games.

Cambridge fans were raving about him last season. 

6 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

Leg break was 7 years ago. Since then he has played over 200 games.

Cambridge fans were raving about him last season. 

Yeah I had it in my head he was injury prone, but must have been someone else. He was also Lincoln captain for a season at least, so that's another positive, we're lacking guys like that. He has played 30+ games in League 1 for the last 4 seasons and is the right age, so yeah count me in.