Saints v Dundee United Saturday 6 May

garydavidson

"We are delighted to say that for the second match in succession the club is again working with Saints in the Community and other partners to promote this big match across schools, teams and groups in the Perth & Kinross area and these fans will be giving Steven MacLean’s players their backing from the Ormond Stand."

21 hours ago, rik2304 said:

It's in our own hands. Win games and we don't get relegated.

If we're relegated from the position we've been in then it's 100% deserved and self-inflicted. 

I have to agree and it's just a "why are we in this postition"?

The way the fixtures are planned that day I can See Ross County beating Livi and Killie beating 'Well.

We simply have to win against Dundee Utd.

Time this team showed up at home.

On 5/1/2023 at 2:04 PM, Saint Stevo said:

I just had a look at the seat availability for this game and would have hoped we would have shifted more tickets by now. Maybe we will see a week of heavy marketing from the club?!

Although there is definitely an onus on the Club to be marketing this match heavily all us regular Saints fans also have a role to play in getting occasional Saints fans there too by asking and encouraging people we know to come along. After all, do people really want to be stuck at home swearing an allegiance to one of the richest people in the world!

LETS ALL TRY AND HELP GET ANOTHER 1,000 TICKETS SOLD BY SATURDAY.

10 hours ago, yahoorsir said:

Although there is definitely an onus on the Club to be marketing this match heavily all us regular Saints fans also have a role to play in getting occasional Saints fans there too by asking and encouraging people we know to come along. After all, do people really want to be stuck at home swearing an allegiance to one of the richest people in the world!

LETS ALL TRY AND HELP GET ANOTHER 1,000 TICKETS SOLD BY SATURDAY.

I see the Man City v Leeds game is live on Sky at 3pm on Saturday. I thought you couldn't show live football at 3pm on a Saturday. Is this one rule for everyone but Sky.

56 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I see the Man City v Leeds game is live on Sky at 3pm on Saturday. I thought you couldn't show live football at 3pm on a Saturday. Is this one rule for everyone but Sky.

It's a re arranged game and although earlier KO time was available it would clash with the big eared one getting anointed plus lack of old bill. Also, there are no lower league games on in England

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

There's a report about that here: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/22/manchester-city-leeds-televised-saturday-blackout-rule#:~:text=The game will be shown,levels in the football pyramid.

Basically they're saying it's OK because there are no lower league games in England at 3pm on Saturday, completely ignoring the fact that there are still 3pm games happening elsewhere in the UK.

TBH I'm pretty surprised games are going ahead on Saturday at all. Hope there's a coronation chicken pie on sale at McDiarmid.

2 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Macca comes across well and is trying to stir something in supporters ahead of this weekend. Good old Macca.

I didn't think I would be impressed with his interview abilities when he got the interim job because he never came across that well when he was a player, but I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

I watched the video on Saints TV and you can tell that he's already trying to cut down saying "listen" all the time. A few in there but not nearly as many. He also seemed more confident this time.

I also like what he says, he seems to have a bit of intelligence and knowledge of the game. The players also seem to like him which is obviously all important.

Of course, none of this matters unless it's transferred onto success on the pitch, but there were signs of improvement against Hibs so I'm feeling a bit more positive now. I can't say what I'll be like at 5pm on Saturday though...

13 hours ago, Gekko said:

I didn't think I would be impressed with his interview abilities when he got the interim job because he never came across that well when he was a player, but I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

I watched the video on Saints TV and you can tell that he's already trying to cut down saying "listen" all the time. A few in there but not nearly as many. He also seemed more confident this time.

I also like what he says, he seems to have a bit of intelligence and knowledge of the game. The players also seem to like him which is obviously all important.

Of course, none of this matters unless it's transferred onto success on the pitch, but there were signs of improvement against Hibs so I'm feeling a bit more positive now. I can't say what I'll be like at 5pm on Saturday though...

For me the number one thing I want to see from Macca at the moment is an ability to change things up during a game, show some flexibility in his system and make the right substitutions at the right time. These were all major downfalls of Davidson and I felt it was disappointing during the Hibs game that, for all our pressure, there didn't seem to be much of a Plan B when it wasn't paying off.

We were practising crossing during the warm-up of that match so getting crosses into the box was obviously going to be our game plan from the start, but I question doing that for 90 minutes with no forward on the pitch who thrives on crosses (Stevie May very, very rarely scores from a cross).

But I agree he's saying the right things and does seem to have his own ideas that he wants to put into practice. Hopefully the last fortnight of preparation and the Hearts bounce game will have given him more of a chance to get his own thoughts through to the players and we'll see a bit more of a developed strategy this weekend.