Celtic - St Johnstone 25/1/17

Ali91

Been out of the country so first game for me since Hearts in the League Cup. 

An away game against a top 4 team, just the way we like it.

Clark

Foster Ando Joe Easton

Alston Millar Muzz (fit) Liam

Swanson

Kane

Away win. 

Celtic are disgustingly good this season. Fully expecting both Griffiths and Dembele to start. 

Similar set up to Rangers at Ibrox could work a charm, like the line up above, and I think the decision to play Craig on the left was with this game in mind.

Edited by RandomGuy

Given Celtics' quality, I'd happily park the bus and break on the counter. 

Just need some strength in the park to at least try and match them physically, hence why I've left out Midge, Kano and Tam initially. Reckon it's best to leave Macca out the starting XI and throw him on late so that we can get the best of him when Celtic are low on steem towards the end of the match.

Maybe throw on Macca , Alston and Kano towards the end if we make it through without conceding or being plagued with injuries, and get some energy up top.

Any point against Celtic is a bonus so I'd happily put this team out and wait it out for chances, although I'm not holding my breath.

Clark

Keith - Fozzy - Ando - Joe - Easty

Paton - Muzz

Spoony                     Craig

Swanson

Zippy

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Back five with Scobbie coming in with Ando and Joe. Easton and Foster full backs. Muzz and Miller in the middle with Craig. Swanson between them and Kane or Maclean. 

There is a possibility we would go with a back 5 but If we are going with one up front ,which we will do no matter what formation is used I think Kane is the only one with the energy to play that role.

Not sure if Watson can play 2 games in 4 days after being out for half a season but we don't have any option. He looked like he may have been struggling second half as I think he only went over halfway once .

Don't think Macca can play 3 games in 7 days so would rather have him for Hamilton game.

Please don't set up like we did at home as we gave them the first 75 mins & made them look like world beaters.

Albion Rovers "parked the bus" and kept the score to a wonder/fluke goal until they tired late in the second half.  We are surely better than Albion at defending and should not tire.  Also we have more of a goal threat and, therefore, a better chance of catching them cold on the break. From Sunday it looks like they are putting Boyata in the shop window so he might be playing again and he is just one down from Ambrose in the defensive blunders league.

Finally, Celtic have an unbeaten record "monkey" on there back and haven't lost at Parkhead since what - 1956?  So COYS!

Albion Rovers "parked the bus" and kept the score to a wonder/fluke goal until they tired late in the second half.  We are surely better than Albion at defending and should not tire.  Also we have more of a goal threat and, therefore, a better chance of catching them cold on the break. From Sunday it looks like they are putting Boyata in the shop window so he might be playing again and he is just one down from Ambrose in the defensive blunders league.

Finally, Celtic have an unbeaten record "monkey" on there back and haven't lost at Parkhead since what - 1956?  So COYS!

March 2015 thought you were there as well. :cool: