New Striker - Steven Maclean

ancientsaint

He's here as back up. Beattie, Tade and Vine are the only real centre forwards, as Hasslebaink's a winger, for those who have actually attended games this season Hasselbaink's position has been obvious. Once or twice he's played between the midfield and centre forward but he's not an out and out striker. Also considering Beattie and Vine have had regular injuries in the past few years we need adequate back up. Finnigan and Haber didn't impress and were punted, while Higgins wanted regular football after a year of being back up so an agreement was made to let him go. I'd rather have McLean sitting on the bench and May starting every week in the First and I don't really understand why anyone would have it any other way

Steven is aa Peebles boy and the attitude round the pubs here is very positve (even though they are all **** jambos hibees or ****) this is from people who have known him all his life even pre rangers when he was just a kid. Did Del not try to sign him a couple of years ago? Decent signing in my opinion but now we have to use all these decent signings properly!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

i'm glad we did sign him with suspensions we are getting.

how bad is his injury???

out for 2 weeks and then maybe more according to official site.hope its not longer as he has been a good signing.

We have been unlucky with strikers being out with suspensions and now injury, when we have them all available i recon we have the best strikeforce in years and makes it easier to forget sandaza and his broken puss :mrgreen:

Baws. He was looking good. Hope he gets another chance. Could go the way that Vine & Beattie will come in now and start scoring and he could get binned in Jan for a midfielder.

You're assuming neither Beattie nor Vine get suspended or injured, hardly a given with both their records so far this season. It's all conjecture I'm afraid as nobody has a crystal ball, but like you hope he gets another chance given the form before he picked up his injury.

Im confused as to how yesterday the BBC page reported as fact* that McLean was out for 6 weeks, yet today they report it as 'gossip'.

Maybe tomorrow it will turn out to have been merely rumour, and he was fine all along?

*Even linking to the OS!

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty