Ross County Vs Saints Saturday 22/9/12 K.o. 3Pm

Dave Ferg

Just had a look at Ross Co. website, they are just about the same as us as there is no mention of todays game at all. Absolutely shocking if you are a RC fan, no info at all. They got beat, about time they told their fans who could not make the game.

....like we don't all have 100 places we can get instant results and live feeds at our fingertips, hardly shocking !!

just saying..... :wink:

Well done saints. Great result given how County have been difficult to break down this season. Hopefully the last two results will give the team a little more belief and will give the manager some breathing space.

Got to keep it going though. Given Dundee's start a win their is a must if we have serious ambitions this season.

Oh and Vine, for a lad who is trying to get his career back up and running, he doesn't help himself.

Nothing like a win in Dingwall for a Saints manager to come out fighting whilst being on the ropes! It worked for Del! My faith in the managment is not absolute, but to go to Dingwall smash their unbeaten record, score two goals and win with 10 men for the majority of the game, shows a great team ethic and I congratulate the management for turning things around, especially after the utter tripe against Aberdeen.

COYS

Great win bring on the derby next week and a huge away support!

4 off the top, 1 off Europe

What crisis?

That's the spirit Scoob! Fantastic achievement today, RC had not gone unbeaten for 40 for nothing. They are a tough, physical and well organised side.....but it appears the Perth Saints are tougher, more physical and better organised! :wink:

Turn over the Funbags next week things look very different from a month ago!

Think what you'll be like when David Robertson returns! :wink:

All kidding aside this season is shaping up to be a tight as a gnat's chuff, great stuff.

Great result today, under pressure for a lot of the game but some resolute defending and some outstanding goalkeeping we held out.Didn't see the Vine incident but weren't to many protests from other Saints players . Great goal from Liam and to be honest thought that when they equalised they would go on to win the game.Tade was really unlucky not to score and still can't believe Murray hit the bar from 2 yards out.longer the game went on without them scoring a point seemed a really good result then great work from Stevie McLean and up popped Frazer Wright to score winner,absolutely brilliant,last 6 mins seemed like 20 minutes but great counter attack again and brilliant free kick from Dave McKay very similar to attempt last week this time hitting inside of post but staying out.Great 3 points,Lonas got his substitutions spot on today,Britton was dictating things in middle of park till Murray went on and dominated middle of park ,great vocal support today as well,looking forward to Dens

Simply a brilliant day out. I always love my days out to Dingwall but that today was special. Great criac on the bus with the ghouls, a quick pitstop at Newtonmore and then a pleasant hour or so at the Mallard. Decent Saints support in attendance and a fantastic fighting display from the team. I must admit i fear the worst when Vine walked ( Was at the far end and off the ball so i have no idea if it was right or wrong but given the lack or protests at the red card, I can only summise that he got what he deserved). At one up we then began a courageous rear guard action but unfortunately we were finally breached . At that point I could see no outcome other than a defeat ( especially after Muzz had managed to smack the crossbar from about 2 feet at 1-0 saints) but by god the lads dug in and a BACK POST header from McLean was powerfully dispatched by Frazer Wright with much aplomb. Cue some mental celebrations with another player pilley on and those of us in the new stand going absolutely

do****inglally. There was still time for super Dave to smack the woodwork with a stunning free kick but the last few minutes were really torturous. The relief at the final whistle was palpable.. Performance wise, I though other than Vine ( for his poor discipline) , Nigel ( who never really got into the game) and Chris Millar who was a shadow of the player on show last week, everyone was a hero. Mannus had some great stops and his handling was top drawer ( although his kicking was rotten at times) The back four were rocks and Ando was back to his "majestic" best. Cregg was again solid until his departure ( once again the player making way to accommodated changes because of a sending off) Liam was much better. Up front Tade worked hard but got little reward. McLean looked excellent when he came on and his setting up of the winning goal makes his introduction by Lomas a great substitution. Muzz got stuck in as only Muzz can do when he replaced Nigel ( again a great move by Lomas as he had obviously seen what we all had regarding Hasselbainks contibution). Crackers also replaced a tired Tade and added some more strength to the defence.

Well done to the team and very well done to lomas , Wright and the rest of the management team. A tremendous three points against a decent team who never went unbeaten for 40 league games for nothing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the fans rendition of " Ten men, we only need ten men" at the end.

As I started with so shall I end..

simply a BRILLIANT day out. :razz: :razz: :razz:

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton