Possible Replacements

byebyedundee

It will come as no surprise that i for one am gutted that Steve has left for pastures new, but not surprised as i knew it would happen one day.

Bit shocked that he has gone to Millwall with his West Ham connections  but im sure he knows what he is doing.

We have lost a very promising Manager to a bigger team for the third time in sucsession  (History in itself) asa never in my life time have we lost 3 gaffers in a row to better things, but it has  been proved one again that it is  a sucesfull formula.

Hope Saints appoint Tommy Wright for continunuity , but wether its him or not, someone has a hell of a job on there hands matching , or even getting close to what Steve Lomas did in 2 short years

Good Luck Steve!!

PS  If Tommy does not get the Job

there is about as much chance of me getting the gig as Allan Moore (Never going to happen)

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

I agree with this. I think the fact Wright has turned the Millwall assistant job speaks volumes. I'd be utterly shocked if he wasn't announced as our new manager.

======

Aye, think he could make the grade and also give us a bit of continuity with Europe looming.

======

Aye, think he could make the grade and also give us a bit of continuity with Europe looming.

I'd imagine he and Lomas drew up a list of potential targets etc too, so it means we would be able to proceed on that front. I doubt Lomas would pinch many of the targets because he'll have a totally different budget to play with down there.

It really does make sense to give Wright the job, and I hope the club does in all honesty.

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/st-johnstone/228455-tommy-wright-a-contender-for-st-johnstone-after-turning-down-millwall/

Stv seem to believe Wright snubbed the move to Millwall. So I think it'll be him appointed in the next few days. I'd prefer a new face but will support him and be happy.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Until after the European venture?

The delay doesn't bother me as it does seem that he has refused the chance of moving to Millwall. If reports are right he is being offered the job and he will have have to negotiate with the club. If they appointed someone who just said yes I would be horrified. The same if the club just said whatever you want you can have.

Seems to be a few suggestions that TW will be appointed almost immediately. I reiterate that I think this is a smart decision. On the surface it seems like the easy option, but I also believe it is a very good one. Hope they sign him up for 2 years, so when we finish 2nd next year we can cash in again!

Looking forward to seeing who his assistant will be. Hope it's Callum.

Being Saints manager is a bigger job than being assistant at Millwall.

Not surprised he turned it down.

----------------------------------------------

Definitely. Equally would being Assistant Manager at Saints be better for Alan Moore or Paul Hartley than managers in their own right?

I'm sure Tommy might have his own ideas.

Edited by Ronaldo

Not had time to read the full thread so forgive me if someone else has mentioned this..... I think this appointment would be a great move for both Saints and Tommy, over the last few months i have heard that even though Lomas held the reins of the team Tommy was the man that put most of the ideas forward and his knowledge of tatics and players was far better than Lomas,i dont claim any of this to be true but i have heard this more than once,infact Lomas learned a great deal from him. Get Tommy on the job and a good second man and we should just continue where we left off !!!!

Edited by chips