Saints Vs Hibernian 14/09/13

David123

Will he get a start ahead of Heffernan?  I know who I'd rather have in a starting 11!

Vine for me, Heffernan is a complete carthorse based on what I've seen from him, while Vine could throw in an odd bit of magic.

Also quite funny how quick people forget things and somehow think Vine went out of his to call us a diddy team. He got shafted this Summer and released without even being told by the club, he only found out when Wright announced it in a press conference. Somethings thats continuously overlooked

And his comments, which I'll put in a quote box...

Hibs are a much bigger club in my eyes and a better one.

“I wanted to progress and that’s no disrespect to St Johnstone, a smaller club in the SPL whose goals for the season should probably be a little bit less.

“They over-achieved in the last two seasons and I would imagine Hibs sets their standards a lot higher and expect to be finishing a lot higher up than St Johnstone.

Aren't saying anything I struggle to argue with. Hibs are a bigger club than us, they expect more than us in terms of the league and cups, and we have over-achieved for the past two seasons, we've got one of the lower budgets in the league but finish in the top half. If you genuinely think we should be achieving top half finishes every season then you're deluded, another top six would be a great achievement considering we once again cut our budget and squad size

I won't be there cos I'm going on holiday, but if I was then I don't think I'd be booing Vine or anyone else. Nor would I spend too much time applauding Craig. Both former players, neither let us down whilst wearing a Saints shirt, and they've both moved on to whatever.

I'd rather wreck my vocal chords encouraging the current Saints squad.

But as I say, I won't be there, so carry on.

How was he released without being told? His contract ended! Shock horror that he was not due back, that's what happens when your contract ends!

Lomas told him that if we secured Europe the club would start speaking to him about a new contract. We qualified for Europe, he waited but we never did contact him, and then announced he'd been released in a press conference. Its true that his contract ended, but to virtually promise a player you'll at least speak to him and then completely blank him is poor. I understand you'll probably disagree though as the majority of fans seem unable to believe the club can do anything wrong and would far rather boo a player who was wanting to stay with us

Edited by RandomGuy

Booing Vine for me would be petty and in the majority undeserved. For a brief period last season he was the one that got us a few crucial goals (remember the 'celebration' mystery (that turned out to be something between him and May))

Would like to see Liam get welcomed back to McD appropriately and applauded during the warm up. As soon as the game is underway, hope he has a stinker

I won't boo Vine, he might not have been the greatest player Saints ever had but hs winner against Celtic @McD will rank as one of my favourite goals in the last 10 years.

I'm sure that he said he new when we played Motherwell that he wouldn't be getting kept on. His remarks about Hibs being a bigger team than Saints, was probably just him letting off a wee bit of frustration because I think he really did want to stay here.

Like a lot of folk I'm hoping Mannus will be fit, but after his performance in Aberdeen I won't have any worries if Steve Banks is in goals.

As for the score, 2-1 Saints with neither Vine or Liam to score.

C O Y S

Lomas told him that if we secured Europe the club would start speaking to him about a new contract. We qualified for Europe, he waited but we never did contact him, and then announced he'd been released in a press conference. Its true that his contract ended, but to virtually promise a player you'll at least speak to him and then completely blank him is poor. I understand you'll probably disagree though as the majority of fans seem unable to believe the club can do anything wrong and would far rather boo a player who was wanting to stay with us

The club and our manager say different. I'd far rather trust my club than someone that comes across as a bit of a throbber in all honesty.

Aye Lomas isn't with us now and it turned out we couldn't afford to keep Vine that's why he was released

Liam Craig deserves respect for the effort and commitment he gave to the Saint cause over a number of years.

I'd feel embarrassed if he was booed.

Sometimes a player just wants a change and a fresh challenge. 

Vine..........Not really bothered - certainly wouldn't get wound up over his remarks.

Suspect he'd love it if he were booed.

Edited by Blues Brother

Liam Craig deserves respect for the effort and commitment he gave to the Saint cause over a number of years.

I'd feel embarrassed if he was booed.

Sometimes a player just wants a change and a fresh challenge. 

Vine..........Not really bothered - certainly wouldn't get wound up over his remarks.

Suspect he'd love it if he were booed.

same here.

also am hoping we trounce em so we can have a last laugh.

they are getting a slagging but nae booing fae me.maybe  :?

i remember jimmy o'rourke everybody knows his name

I believe he was warned in the January he was unlikely to have his contract renewed, and to look for another club. Maybe no one did speak with him after that, and that is shabby but hey everyone knows football is a cut throat business! So Rowan get over it! There have been better players at Muirton/McDiarmid treated a lot worse! Just ask Willie Coburn for one!

I won't be booing either of them! I like to think 'we' Saints fans are 'classier' than that!

Only one way to solve the dilemma & that is to beat Hibs!!

COYS!