Scoreboard

TheYellowBox

I hope not, just a complete waste of money IMO. You don't need a scoreboard to tell the score in the game you're watching, and the adverts on it are plastered all around the ground anyway. The only times I ever glanced at it was to keep up with the latest scores from the other games, but nowadays everyone has the internet at their fingertips 24 hours a day.

We've managed long enough without it, and I hope there are more important things to spend what little money the club have on.

I don't think we necessarily need a fancy big screen either, but sure I saw somewhere that we were looking into it.

We should either replace the old one or just dismantle it. Looks rubbish having it sitting there.

It would depend on how much a screen would cost and whether we'd make much from advertising on it. Would certainly improve the atmosphere by have highlights of previous games and historic clips etc.

She couldn't sound any worse. When's Kev back?

She has the most monotonous voice ever, her reading of the half times on Saturday was like listening to one of those stupid air hostess types who are obviously reading off a sheet of paper but have no interest whatsoever in the subject.

Get rid, I'd rather listen to a tap dripping

Bloody hell. Is there really any need to post those sort of remarks about people?

She has the most monotonous voice ever, her reading of the half times on Saturday was like listening to one of those stupid air hostess types who are obviously reading off a sheet of paper but have no interest whatsoever in the subject.

Ever thought she might be nervous?  Personally I think she's doing a great job, and I bet anyone would be nervous up in that tannoy box speaking to thousands of folk willing you to make a mistake!!  She's also a die hard Saints fan, so I'd guess she is interested.

Totally disagree, she has a clear voice that you can hear. I like Kevin too but is is good to hear a female voice, hope they both continue .Perhaps you should record a tap dripping and listen to it at halftime whilst the rest of us listen to the announcer, win win all round ! :laugh:

Yes, Fiona is very nervous and also very aware of the sort of flak that comes with the job. She is diong well so far considering that she has never done anything like this before so the negtive comments will not help her at all.....

Trying to get her to do the mic on the pitch but it really is a daunting prospect as yuo have to speak and not listen to what yuoare saying due to the time lapse, only a second but enough to throw you completely and go flaky.

Must say I am lpeased with the vast majority of folk's cmoments abuot how they like what she is diong, we are way out ni front of the rest of the UK with the only female announcer and, from what I can gather, we are only the second or third club in Europe!!

Please, give Fiona your support as i will nto be there for some games and she will be on her own or with one of my Hospital Radio colleagues to help out

Get a decent tannoy system...couldn't really care who the announcer is..male or female! I have to admit at times only dogs would her the female! On the other hand I have lost track of the half time draws I wasted not being able to hear Kevin thunder through them. Either way the pair of them should be applauded...this thread alone reinforces the thankless task it is.

At the end of the day they both have our club at heart!

COYS!

Get a decent tannoy system...couldn't really care who the announcer is..male or female! I have to admit at times only dogs would her the female! On the other hand I have lost track of the half time draws I wasted not being able to hear Kevin thunder through them. Either way the pair of them should be applauded...this thread alone reinforces the thankless task it is.

At the end of the day they both have our club at heart!

COYS!

Half time draws are on WAP in the Music section, on Twitter and Facebook as well as being announced usually twice at half time. If anyone is having trouble with the speakers not being loud enough/distorted, lpease email the club and let them know as I cannot do anything more with them until/unless/if we go digital