Saints V Aberdeen. Slc Semi-Final. Sat 1St Feb.

The ghost of Jim Morton

Its time for the post mortem to finish.

As supporters we cannot continue to blame players we do not like and see our favourites with blue coloured glasses that makes us think they can do no wrong.

The group of players and backroom staff are a team and on Saturday we were as a team not up to the job - end of story.

They will like us supporters be hurting and it  is up to them to use this as motivation and a spur to again gel as a unit whilst us supporters who would not last 2 minutes in a professional game or training session need to give them the support that we can from the terraces.

I must disagree in the strongest possible terms! I could last 2 minutes in a game or at training, easily! Not that my contribution would amount to very much though.

You're not helping yourself here. I'm very much in agreement, I think the stick Tommy is taking is rediculous. His budget's been cut by a fair amount since last season and Lomas had a better squad a depth. Tommy Wright is fine, people forget the season under McInnes where we only scored 20 odd goals. Give me this season over that one any day of the week. We'er becom,ing a bit unreaslistic at times and that is the pitfalls of recent success, it makes supporters expect more. I'm loving every minute of saints at the moment (Saturday aside) absolutely anything can happen and it's great.

Back to you Dylan, yes some of the abuse towards you and the YT is unwarranted, but you've got to grow up a bit as well. Leading off a post with 'Saints fans are pathetic' is asking for trouble. We as a collection are all the same, some show it in different ways and react in different ways. I wasn't angry on Saturday, which you seem to be. I was hurting and upset, people deal with it differently. I'm sure you do like saints and are knowledgable enough about the game to make [positive comments on the forum and twitter. That said I'm wondering if you don't like playing the pantomime victim here, any attention is good attention, etc. Hell I get abuse all the time on here and P&B, I don't take it personally, maybe a different approach is needed, cause the defensive, aggression isn't the way forwayd IMO.

Just my thoughts, but worth considering. None of us want to turn away fans or alienate folk.

he he .!

I don't think anyone has mentioned the blatant cheating of Aberdeen. Some would say it was very clever, others cynical. Breaking up play with silly fouls, shirt pulls and over the top attempts at headers with no reasonable chance of getting the ball. We just seem to take it when Muzz or Cregg aint playing.

Well said. The first shooting free kick chance we had. The ref strode out the ten yards, stood calling the Aberdeen wall back, kept calling them back (looked like 2 yards), Aberdeen never moved, eventually gave up. May shoots and hits the top if the wall. Next free kick same thing happens, wall doesn't move, madden gives up and from then on didn't even attempt to get them back! Basically let Aberdeen stamp their authority on the game.

Hey folks. I'm a Dons fan but one with a deep affection for "THE" Saintees. Older and I like to think more mature. Crazy days in the past. I have a real love of Perth having lived in the Fair City in the late 60s & early 70s as a young lad. Always been a Don but was lucky enough to regularly attend dear old Muirton to watch and cheer on Ormond's saints, what a team. Cheered them on in the '69 cup final too, my late father took me to Hampden for the first time that day.

I geninely thought that the banter in the pubs last Saturday wi' the Dons & Saints fans was superb and atmospheric. We obviously all have a minority of idiots and nae doubt the bigger games tend to bring 'em oot in greater numbers but I didna see any "real" trouble.

I'm obviously pleased to get through but realise it was never a 4-0 in fairness. Thought St Js were in it right up to the third and I reckon lf Lee Croft had scored, it was anybodys game.

Keep behind this team and Tommy Stewart, your day will come. Ditch 'a this "pathetic Saints fans" nonsense . Anyone spouting this isna a real Saint.

if Saints had won I'd have been gutted but id've got over it in time to go down and cheer you on in the final. Sure I' ll gets some stick, no really bothered. Genuinely all the best lads.

The only (and I mean the ONLY) thing that I would say in Ando's defence is that he maybe should have received a shout, either from Banks or from Mackay to tell him "AWAY" (of course, maybe he did get a shout)...as he may not have realised Hayes had made up so much ground and was expecting either Banks to collect to cross ball or Mackay to have a better angle to clear it

The only (and I mean the ONLY) thing that I would say in Ando's defence is that he maybe should have received a shout, either from Banks or from Mackay to tell him "AWAY" (of course, maybe he did get a shout)...as he may not have realised Hayes had made up so much ground and was expecting either Banks to collect to cross ball or Mackay to have a better angle to clear it

In primary school they teach you 'if in doubt stick it out'. There is no doubt where that ball should have gone.