Liam Craig

thesaint10

Good championship player was Liam for us. Helped us get out of the second level, no doubt about that. He decided to leave us and we got Spoony in on the back of that. Thanks Liam but we are a team with ambition. You willl always be welcome back to watch us or train with us. Good luck in the future.

Really? Scored 27 of his 34 goals for us in the SPL. You know many non old firm midfielders within saints reach who can boast that sort of SPL scoring record?

Honestly, it's beyond me how anyone can think of Liam Craig in anything other than a positive light.

Worked his balls off, scored tonnes of goals, many of which at crucial times. Genuinely nice guy who never hid in games. But he had a floaty corner so he was obviously horse shit.

Edited by Broon

Really? Scored 27 of his 34 goals for us in the SPL. You know many non old firm midfielders within saints reach who can boast that sort of SPL scoring record?

Honestly, it's beyond me how anyone can think of Liam Craig in anything other than a positive light.

Worked his balls off, scored tonnes of goals, many of which at crucial times. Genuinely nice guy who never hid in games. But he had a floaty corner so he was obviously horse shit.

Couldn't agree more. The negative revisionism towards Liam is incredible. He was a superb player for us for 5 and a half years. Gives his all, versatile, scores goals from midfield (something we've struggled to do since he left) and is a very popular player in the changing room.

Times have changed, but he was a pivotal member of the team who finished 3rd. Hibs didn't use him right and he didn't suit their style of play. He fits into ours. Not to say he'll be a regular starter, but id love to see him back at Saints.

Good championship player was Liam for us. Helped us get out of the second level, no doubt about that. He decided to leave us and we got Spoony in on the back of that. Thanks Liam but we are a team with ambition. You willl always be welcome back to watch us or train with us. Good luck in the future.

You seem to have a very warped concept of time.

For what it's worth, Liam worked his socks off, even when it was clear he was leaving us.

However, I had the opinion at the time that he was slowing down and it was the correct time for the parting of the ways.

Have great memories of his time with us and would not wish this to be tarnished by a return to the club and become a target of the boo boys.

Edited by HOODLUM65

Good championship player for us?

The season he left by far was he the most consistent and best performer all year. We finished third that year...

Good championship player for us?

The season he left by far was he the most consistent and best performer all year. We finished third that year...

The season he left he was brutal until the final few months, when he became a pivotal player on our charge up the league.

Id love him back the more and more i think about it. Him, McCabe and Swanson wound inject a freshness and drive to our side from midfield and is exactly whats needed in our squad. Get it done.

this is possibly the worst review of a player I've ever read!! Have you seen him play for us?

Hi Everyone, new poster!

Liam drove me mad when he played for us most of the time but every four or five games he produced a moment of magic which helped him keep a bit of a hero status, he would tend to get 6 or 7 goals at least a season. Going on our current midfields goal scoring record, I think a short term deal would be good for both parties. Corners wise however I'm not sure who would be worse, Liam or Spoony....

Your lack of knowledge of Saints is amazing really.  :laugh:

The season he left he was brutal until the final few months, when he became a pivotal player on our charge up the league.

Id love him back the more and more i think about it. Him, McCabe and Swanson wound inject a freshness and drive to our side from midfield and is exactly whats needed in our squad. Get it done.

That review/summary is almost as bad as Athens tbh.  He scored 8 goals that season - not bad for someone who was "brutal" for most of it.