Awful Defending

St Mikey

We've been used to defending and playing a negative 4-5-1 formation so why are we conceding soo many weak goals?

That's 3 again tonight, 2 against Trnava and 1 v Luzern.

We used to be decent at defending but now we are throwing goals away to the opposition to easily and no sign of any new bodies is depressing.

At least we know TW sees the same things we do given Miller has been benched last two games.

(And yes I know he obviously sees things much better than we do)

i love the way you use the word we instead of you or i if you wish

quit the pish

your thoughts are not all saints fans

I think we came down to Celtic's level in the second half?!

Also, we had 3 games in less than 7 days...whereas they had Saturday off!?

Up until Ando's mistake I thought you would be hard pushed to tell who had finished top of the league!

I am sure we'll beat them next time...we made them look average!

COYS⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Boring

Feel free to align yourself to the "Miller shouldn't be dropped" camp, I'm quite happy to not represent that lot

I've not heard of that camp mate and I'm not in it, but I think people missed your point as I did at first reading.

Gaz Miller was dropped and rightly so, I think even he would agree? he seems a decent lad? Tommy has said many a time in interviews his professionalism is first class even when being benched for long periods?

The team won on Sunday, so you do not change it, however more mistakes have been made so others must be 'punished' accordingly, you must set a president!

It's early in the season, standards hav been raised by this team, expectations are high and the nervousness will take a few games to settle down.

Things will get better, plus we've lost our top goal scorer.

Everybody will have their favourites, but you MUT admit when they have had a stinker.

The Defending last night was the best i have even seen saints execute

Yes 2 individual errors and a dodgy pen cost us the goals but this no way reflects how they played

The shape of the defense / midfield and high tempo pressing game up until about the 60th minute was unreal and if we can put in shifts like that every game we will be top 3/4 this season

Edited by saint_markperth

I mentioned Alan Mannus and his kicking early on last night and wondered if he was carrying a niggle. He also made a movement during the game, whether it was making a save or not I can't remember, but when he landed he seemed to pull up sharp or favour one leg as if he was hurting. To me it looked like a thigh strain but it may have been my whisky induced imagination as no mention has been made of him or his display. Just did not look happy last night.