Saints V Dundee United 27/12/14

The ghost of Jim Morton

Smarmy

Watched your team last week and you were lucky not to get a pummelling.

Your team is one of the best at hitting teams on the counter attack. But with the skill that they have they should be taking the game to teams more. Today you never put Mannus under much pressure.

Your goal was well taken but hardly a master piece.

We did well today and deserved the 3 points great to see Mdge getting the goal/

Don't disagree here Mainstand....from a saints point of view it was as you say....but from our perspective a real chance to put pressure on the top of the league. This time last season we were 15 points off Celtic, this was a chance to drop that to two...at Xmas.....last week we had the games most outstanding creative player and were well worth the 3 points, against a Celtic side who may have hit the goal frame 3 times......but you get nothing for that ....if they lose Van Dyke they will be vulnerable to a challenge, from 3 teams....if Saints keep stacking up the points they could make it 4!......I'm sure you understand why I'm pig sick, these chances do not come along often, no disrespect to Saints, IMO we should have gone confident of a win anywhere in the spfl yesterday.

Effin gutted, did the hard part last week, had the game won today....if only Spittal tucks away the easiest chance of the game....ended up losing to a pedestrian saints side....gutted!

Still hand it to TW, has the sign over JMac, who once again fails to make the obvious changes! Gutted!

That's the problem I have. "Pedestrian saints side"

United fans have no right to just to expect to beat us. You are not as good as you all blindly think!

For a pedestrian team we seem to do a lot of beating United.

Have to laugh at baby face McNamara getting Donnoly to do the press stuff because he was frightened he may get in trouble for what he might say . baby brain as well as baby face.

If the ball hit McKay on the arm it was not deliberate and Arabs should have stopped the ball going to Croft or Croft getting the ball across or O`Halloran heading it. I think he should be more annoyed at his defence than the referee.

Didn`t hear him mention the 2 or 3 hand balls from his own team.

Reading UTD footie boards they really have absoloutely no respect for SJFC. Delighted for the United yobs in suits in the front row of the padded seats as their day out was ruined by the didy team in Tayside. Midge was emense and crofty put in a great shift. So So So would love to finish above this orange shower of big heads.

Well done Saints. Rankin may have taken the festive spirit a bit too far with his "defending" of Chris Millar to be fair. I watched the "highlights" having travelled back up from doing my best not to kill the in-laws at Centre Parcs. I thought the game was fairly poor, first half in particular.  So much so I nearly just went to look at the score and go to bed. I think that was down to the pitch which looked awful on t the telly, really bobbly. It stopped either sides creative players from playing well. United's only real moment of quality in the first half led to the goal but McKay seemed to go down in stages to block Butcher. Second half was slightly better and both teams created some chances. Armstrong or Spittal in particular should have killed the game. Agree with Cagey that United should be looking at the defending of the first goal rather than the handball. TV wasn't clear but the reaction of the players (and so many) would lead me to believe it struck McKay's hand. Now that doesn't mean it is a clear free kick but you don't dwell on it and you defend properly. Croft' cross was one of the few moments of quality in the game and O'Hallaron finishes well. Morris was clearly injured and can't live with his movement. Questions have to be asked as to why he was allowed to stay on the pitch. The winner was just ridiculous. Rankin either tackles him or continues to show him onto his left which he clearly doesn't want to use. If you defend like that you deserve to lose games.

On a side note, the whole United fans are a disgrace patter amuses me. United fans are like Rangers fans. United fans are like Celtic fans. And United fans are like Saints fans. A football crowd is a cross section of society and some people's need to prove some form of morally superiority over another team's fans is delusional. Obviously some clubs like Rangers, Celtic, Lazio, Millwall etc. attract an additional element of numpties but essentially all fans are the same. You can take quotes from here and make Saints fans look pretty awful. You can look at the action of some Saints fans and come up with all sorts of names or generalisations. I've seen well known posters on here behave like wannabe hooligans during United Saints games, where they have spent the first 20 minutes of a game hurling insults and challenging some inbred United fan to a fight (of course this was never actually going to happen) and at no point actually looking at the game they had paid to see. You get tits in every support and forums tend to bring these people into the limelight more than they should be. Just think of the numerous people on here who were demanding Steve Brown's blood a few months ago. For some reason they haven't been as vocal in the last month?

Edited by ODAB

United fans are a joke for one reason only. The delusion. They think their time have some devine right to be at the top end of the table because they are the only team in Scotland to play affluent Baracelona style football. In reality they play this for approx 56 minutes a season and for the rest they are as average as the rest of us.

I hate Dundee Utd and their fans 1000x times more than I could ever hate Dundee. At least the Dees know their place, now.

Effin gutted, did the hard part last week, had the game won today....if only Spittal tucks away the easiest chance of the game....ended up losing to a pedestrian saints side....gutted!

Still hand it to TW, has the sign over JMac, who once again fails to make the obvious changes! Gutted!

"Did the hard work last week"? Usually don't mind your posts Smarmy but this shows the type of arrogance I would only expect from an old firm fan.

The truth is we showed far more determination and desire than you lot.  

While Arabs can be easy on the eye going forward, I have always felt that their defence was dodgy when put under pressure, as was proved with O'Halleran's goal, when Captain Dillon was posted missing. (he was MOM according to one Arab post).

Greeting JMac was blaming the pitch, the officials and missed chances which were Off target.

Their keeper was at full stretch to tip over at least two ON target shots, which the Manager should be asking the players why there was no "closing down".

Mannus had a strong shot beaten out which was straight at him, but other than that and the goal which I felt was against the run of play was untroubled.

To avoid the media because he was in the "cream puff" shows JMac up for the type of person he is.

When is he gonna man up and admit the better team won. He reminds me of another crybaby called Adams.

Delusion, devine right and expectancy. Like I've been saying , I can never remember saints playing in the top flight and the games being decided by the odd goal. For the money we paid, our defence is the best in the league, I have no doubt. We have a midfield where all the players have a role and play that position perfectly. I think if we still had May we would be sitting at the top of the league . If only we had a young striker with no fear and full of confidence to come in and push us even further up the league.

The last few seasons have been fantastic getting into Europe, winning the cup was just dreamland...................could next year be out of this world.

cys 

Have to laugh at baby face McNamara getting Donnoly to do the press stuff because he was frightened he may get in trouble for what he might say . baby brain as well as baby face.

If the ball hit McKay on the arm it was not deliberate and Arabs should have stopped the ball going to Croft or Croft getting the ball across or O`Halloran heading it. I think he should be more annoyed at his defence than the referee.

Didn`t hear him mention the 2 or 3 hand balls from his own team.

Well said .! and exactly what Dave McKay said in todays papers.!