Saints Vs Celtic 15/05/15

David123

I am utterly exhausted after that rip snorter of a game.  Proud of my wee team yet again. Although we were clearly the better side  I am still happy with a point because  that now means Dundee United  MUST get something from their last two games. Some outstanding performances by our boys and special mention must go to the pitch, which we have been moaning about all season. Tonight, I love the pitch. That wee ****er James Forrest probably hates it. That's us taken 4 points from Celtic and stopped them scoring twice.  COYS

I know he is leaving for Rossco county but surely if we put BG on for the last 15 minutes he MIGHT have scored...

I did wonder with the amount of chances from headers we were getting if Graham would have been a great option, as he's one of the best at attacking crosses in the league. Though faddy was a baw hair away from scoring with a header...

Great performance from the lads, just a wee bit more luck and who knows?

Wee sneaky feeling that the DABS will sneak something tomorrow though

very entertaining 0-0 draw luck was not on our side tonight.

Hopefully the inverness players will be playing for a place in their squad for the final.

When you look back at the chances we missed, bar the woodwork being hit, MOH has probably has had our best chances over the last few games, he's lashed at all of them! I like him as a player but I'm tempted to turn up at Stirling uni next week and pull him aside, give him tub of composure from B&Q then show him that sometimes

It's better to place a shot rather than try and burst the net every time!

How there was no goals is unbelievable. I pay good money to watch football, I demand goals! Sums up our season in 90 mins. Decent at not conceding but struggle to grab the goals. Good home game sign off for this season!

We'll support you ever more!

Great performance from all - particularly the midfield.  Total domination for periods.  Some rather deluded Celtic fans after the game who I took issue with regarding their analysis of the game.  With my final point being "You havenae scored against us this year and we are the only team to have beaten you in 2015, yet you say we were SH%* and blame the ref".  Suffice to say no more was said after that statement :razz: .

I think we can do this, onwards to Aberdeen comrades.....

COYS

Why did Commons walk and stand right in front of it though as well? He moved back then decided to just walk back over and stand right in the way again. Odd.

Swanson moved the ball and Commons threw his dolly oot the pram and wandered over to greet!

Why did Commons walk and stand right in front of it though as well? He moved back then decided to just walk back over and stand right in the way again. Odd.

Aye, Swanson moved the ball away from the by-line while the ref was talking to the thumb. Best thing was when he got the ball back and the ref marked the spot it was another yard further infield than where Swanson had sneakily moved it.

Incredible match. One of the best performances I've seen from a Saints side. Not sure I can cope with matches like that too often though, bit too nerve racking at times. Credit where its due, thought the ref had a pretty good game on the whole, saints deffo getting a lot of decisions go our way which really angered them. 

Edited by sjfc99

Talking to some Celtic fans on the way out of the ground they admitted their reserves were second best all night! Gracious lot are they not!! Muzz and Midge gave their all but no failures really imo. Bit scary defending a couple of times but I do believe we were the better of the two teams. In a little cameo I thought Faddy showed endeavour and some vision but whether that is enough to keep him is doubtful. Nice to see Easton do well.

Incredible match. One of the best performances I've seen from a Saints side. Not sure I can cope with matches like that too often though, bit too nerve racking at times. 

It was strangely nail biting. I guess because we played so well and the point was valuable, and it's so common that Celtic hit you with a 92nd minute counter attack. The better you play against them the more it hurts.