Saints v Aberdeen Fri 22/4/16 7.45pm K-O

you need to get your eye test rechecked (free) and lenses rechecked.  I had this year's ago when in my 20s, turned out the lenses were made up wrong, new lenses stopped straining my eyes.  I suspect your lenses need changed... 

However your eyes didn't fool you last night. We gave the title challengers a hiding.

Thanks for your concern, that really is very decent of you.  Unfortunately my lenses are correct, my eyes are checked regularly at the Edinburgh Eye Hospital as well as by Specsavers but you were not to know that.

Craig Thomson should get his eyes checked though, still can't see anything wrong with what should have been our second goal after watching the highlights.

Best regards.

Yes that was a great display by saints. although willie miller did planted a doubt in my mind on the way home last night were we good or were Aberdeen piss poor a bit of both I have come to the conclusion. and I must admit I only realised about 1 hour ago that Danny Swanson had never came into my thoughts that he was missing last night.

were aberdeen piss poor or were they only allowed to play as poor because we dominated and bullied them all over the pitch. 

Yes that was a great display by saints. although willie miller did planted a doubt in my mind on the way home last night were we good or were Aberdeen piss poor a bit of both I have come to the conclusion. and I must admit I only realised about 1 hour ago that Danny Swanson had never came into my thoughts that he was missing last night.

...and I only realised that Swanson was missing when I read your post! That's bizarre...

Guest ScottMann

Oh well, looks like Aberdeen lost this game rather than we won it. Pretty standard stuff really. It seems we rarely win but the opposition frequently lose.

We won the game.

Aberdeen only performed as they were allowed to by Saints.

McInnes said Saints dominated the game. He was right and it was a very honest assessment.

I have always had a lot of time for McInnes and find it very hard to understand some of the criticism of him on here. Yes he made mistakes as a manager here, but he was always prepared to accept responsibility for them and learn from them.  He did a fantastic job for Saints no question.  At Bristol he was sold short and didn't get the money he was told he would.  He has turned the Dons round since he took over there and it's to Tommy's credit that we have such a good record against them over the last 3 seasons because they have been very good over that period. 

Unlike McNamara, Del is prepared to accept when his team has been well beaten and give the opposition true praise.  I believe that he will get another crack in England in the future and I'd hope he does well when it happens.

I have always had a lot of time for McInnes and find it very hard to understand some of the criticism of him on here. Yes he made mistakes as a manager here, but he was always prepared to accept responsibility for them and learn from them.  He did a fantastic job for Saints no question.  At Bristol he was sold short and didn't get the money he was told he would.  He has turned the Dons round since he took over there and it's to Tommy's credit that we have such a good record against them over the last 3 seasons because they have been very good over that period. 

Unlike McNamara, Del is prepared to accept when his team has been well beaten and give the opposition true praise.  I believe that he will get another crack in England in the future and I'd hope he does well when it happens.

He put saints back where they belong and hes put Aberdeen back where they belong.  

It doesn't matter who is in charge at Celtic or Rangers now, their resources will always mean that they'll top this league.  I think Aberdeen have been excellent this season and maybe the points lost to us were pivotal this term.  Certainly nothing to be ashamed of.  

I agree that Aberdeen were poor, but only because we dominated them from the start and never gave them a chance from the first whistle.

Saints were superb, that's why it was 3-0, cos we bullied them, harried them, and played them off the park.

I also forgot that Swanson even played for us until I read through this thread, is he injured or something?

Couldn't make the game but it was quite entertaining on the radio. Biscuits was wetting himself when Millar was bursting through on goal.

I hope the ref will be apologising for his horrific mistake in chopping off the goal. He had a better view than anyone. Only person that caused that 'foul' was the groundsman, no one touched the keeper never mind it being a Saints player.

Ando will be gutted not to get a two goal bonus.

That disallowed Saints goal is one of the worst decisions I have seen in football. Keeper tripped and fell into Jack who was in any case holding and possibly fouling Scobbie.

However, Maclean looked offside at both his goal and the opener.

Wonderful pass by Davidson for Millar, hope this latest injury isn't too bad, might be best he sits out the remaining fixtures even if he heals before the predicted time.

Mannus getting a lot of stick in other thread but would still take him ahead of 2 of Aberdeen's Brown in goal together. Delighted to see Clark playing well though,

Guest ScottMann

Only person that caused that 'foul' was the groundsman, no one touched the keeper never mind it being a Saints player.

I'd have said the only person that caused it was Brown himself. Quite genuinely, he should have been booked for diving.

Guest ScottMann

However, Maclean looked offside at both his goal and the opener.

Saints have tweeted a video of the goal celebration that followed Maccas goal. It's from the East Stand as is virtually directly in line with play. When Ando heads it to Macca he's actually clearly onside.

He looks all on his own for the first but think there's a defender trying to mark Ando to the right of the box that play's him on. The linesman's got a good view of it. It's a tight one though.

The first was a free kick that went directly in, so unless he made an attempt to make contact with the ball, or was that mysterious 'interfering with play', then doesn't matter if he was in an offside position or not

Thanks for explaining football to me. He's clearly in keeper's line of sight of the ball, so if he is offside then we possibly got lucky depending on the degree of visual obstruction. If he's not offside then it doesn't matter.

How many points did we get for the fact the ball crossed the keeper line?

Thanks for explaining football to me. He's clearly in keeper's line of sight of the ball, so if he is offside then we possibly got lucky depending on the degree of visual obstruction. If he's not offside then it doesn't matter.

It wasn't written like that so stop being such a smart arsed d***

images%5Chandbag.jpg