The Rangers v Saints. Wed 26/10/16

The ghost of Jim Morton

I fear they may just kick Swanson out of the game, and we could really do without him being injured.

Would be a great boost to have Millar and Davidson in midfield, with Danny and Spoony out wide.  Is there merit in playing Coulson and Macca up front?  Coulson has looked good when he's featured, and it might not end up in Kane/Cummins becoming isolated up front?

I'd go

Clark

Foster Joe Ando Easton

Midge Muzz

Spoony Coulson Danny

Macca

Coulson over Kano is a good shout

I think Sevco are exactly where they are in the league - a tadge behind Aberdeen and Hearts, and miles behind Celtic. In other words, Saints! So we need have no fears, but a defeat wouldn't be anywhere near a disaster. Defining ourselves in terms of our performance against them supports the narrative of them being the people and all the rest of the shite. Just another challenging away game, nothing special, every possibility of a point or three.

I think Sevco are exactly where they are in the league - a tadge behind Aberdeen and Hearts, and miles behind Celtic. In other words, Saints! So we need have no fears, but a defeat wouldn't be anywhere near a disaster. Defining ourselves in terms of our performance against them supports the narrative of them being the people and all the rest of the shite. Just another challenging away game, nothing special, every possibility of a point or three.

Nothing special, but great getting it right up them, like last year in the cup was magic seeing all the orcs foaming at the mouth.

Just hope we have a go again, we are the established top six team, they have never been at such a high level in their short history, so nothing to fear.

Difficult one to call in terms of strikers; have Maclean on to link play and get us further up the pitch, or Kane to run them about and force mistakes from their defenders.  Think Macca might start on the bench simply to avoid 3 games in a week for him.  

Expect us to belong periods without the ball so need to be good in possession when we get it...  would be good to see Millar in there if he's fit.

Clark

Foster    Anderson    Shaughnessy    Easton

Alston     Millar    Davidson     Swanson

Coulson

Kane

Difficult one to call in terms of strikers; have Maclean on to link play and get us further up the pitch, or Kane to run them about and force mistakes from their defenders.  Think Macca might start on the bench simply to avoid 3 games in a week for him.  

Expect us to belong periods without the ball so need to be good in possession when we get it...  would be good to see Millar in there if he's fit.

Clark

Foster    Anderson    Shaughnessy    Easton

Alston     Millar    Davidson     Swanson

Coulson

Kane

Can't imagine Tommy would play Kane upfront on his own, has he even done that? I think it would be Macca or Cummins.