Taxi For Davidson

George Grieve

38 minutes ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Clutching at straws here but been wondering if we would of had some form of relegation clause in CDs contract that would make it easier financially to sack him once we are confirmed down

I would think there would be something regarding relegation, whether a release clause or wage reduction but surely something. Same with the players, I'm sure Saints will have covered this issue on all contracts across the board, wouldn't want to find themselves paying everyone Premiership wages in a lesser league. 

5 hours ago, chips said:

I would think there would be something regarding relegation, whether a release clause or wage reduction but surely something. Same with the players, I'm sure Saints will have covered this issue on all contracts across the board, wouldn't want to find themselves paying everyone Premiership wages in a lesser league.  I

That sounds like organisation. Even though Saints say that their aim every season is to finish 10th I doubt if they thought they would get relegated.

• 5 weeks later...

For me, now is the time for change. It's not about yesterday or even about staying up any more. Are Saints really better placed for the long-term or the next manager if we scrape survival and let Callum Davidson work his magic over the summer? 

Even if still in the Premiership, we could be in a far worse position come the World Cup than we are right now. 

When you can't see how the club moves forward with a manager, why do you continue to back him? 

Be brave please, Mr Chairman. 

For me his time was up after Kelty but totally agree with Redford, he needs to go, today if possible, two weeks til our next game, give someone new that time with the players.

Callums been a magnificent servant to the club and will go down in history but right now he s moving us backwards.

I m fed up of folk saying, who could replace him, who would do better, I d take our chances that right now just about any manager could do better.

5 games left, all games we COULD win, 2 wins would leave Dundee needing 4 to get above us, 4 wins would probably see us catch St Mirren or Aberdeen, putting a team out to try and get a draw and maybe sneak a win is no good, we need to go for every single game now and I have no faith at all that Callum will do this.

Liam Craig who would fight for everything and who I d want in my team for this battle doesn’t seem to even get in the squad ( I ve never heard he’s injured) , even as a sub I feel he d have an impact.  I have no idea if he d even want the job but is getting rid of Callum and giving Liam it til the end of season as interim manager  a ridiculous idea ? He could nt possibly do any worse and we can review who the next manager is at end of season.

I have a horrible feeling though that replacing him isn’t even being considered and that he ll be here next year regardless, I fear where that leads us, surely someone must be looking at the money that’s been wasted on new players who don’t even play, even if poor results aren’t a reason he goes, the fact he s the first manager in years to be allowed to buy players just to not then use them is.

You know it is serious when Radford, who rarely visits this site these days, offers his judgement. He is absolutely on the money here but there lays the problem.

We cannot afford (non financial) to keep him and we cannot afford (financial) to sack him. He will not resign as he will lose money and sacking him will involve a large severance payment.

Legend or not we have had enough. 

59 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Because of last season and Kerr/ McCann being sold last minute.

I believe he should go. He absolutely should have been sacked after Kelty but I feel that Brown thinks differently.

I hope you are wrong.

What percentage of Saints fans do you think want him gone now? Gotta be a big majority I think.

9 hours ago, Radford 72 said:

For me, now is the time for change. It's not about yesterday or even about staying up any more. Are Saints really better placed for the long-term or the next manager if we scrape survival and let Callum Davidson work his magic over the summer? 

Even if still in the Premiership, we could be in a far worse position come the World Cup than we are right now. 

When you can't see how the club moves forward with a manager, why do you continue to back him? 

Be brave please, Mr Chairman. 

Agree with this, though I think it's highly unlikely Davidson will be sacked any time soon. I felt he should have been removed after the Kelty game and nothing I've seen since then has changed my opinion. While results have improved a little (mainly due to the unexpected impact of Hendry - and I can't help but feel that bringing him back into the fold was a final throw of the dice born out of desperation, rather than a managerial masterstroke), I'm struggling to see anything to be positive about in the long term and I'm very worried about next season (regardless of what division we're in). Of the huge raft of new signings we've brought in over the last 4-5 months, very few have contributed much and the new arrivals who initially showed some promise (Butterfield, Hallberg, Ciftci) seem to be going backwards with every passing week that they spend here. Certain others just look like a colossal waste of money.

I still say we should approach Jody Morris about giving the job a go.

The key thing for me is that Davidson appears to prefer winning his own personal battles with other club personnel rather than winning games. He'd rather leave someone out of the team simply for the fact that he didn't sign them, rather than give them a go and see whether they might succeed. These aren't the actions of someone who is acting in the best interests of the club.

I think part of the reason Davidson hasn't been sacked is MacLean is embroiled in this as well. If one goes, then both have to. We've wasted money on signings already this season, and the Chairman is loathed to waste more on sackings. Honestly, I'd even take Jack Ross just now.

Will be interesting to see how patient SB is when season ticket sales plummet in a few months time - can't see many choosing to watch the negative dross every week as opposed to paying their gas or leccy. There was a bounce on ST's this year after a successful cup season, the opposite will now apply I think, irrespective of what division we're in. 

As for being too expensive to sack the manager - if contracts are drawn up "correctly" there is no manager on earth who would be paid the remainder of his contract. I know for a fact of another Premier manager (a wee while ago, granted) who was sacked only six months into a 3 year contract and received a six months package. Looking at the Tommy Wright situation, it appears we dictated he couldn't work in Scottish football for a period of 6/8 months, so my guess is that SB''s lawyers know where they're at with regard to contracts. 

Been watching this lot for 50 years and have never experienced a feeling of desperation like it when we should have built on the season of a lifetime. 

I've tried to make a poll to see who wants Callum in charge next season - it's not letting me do it for some reason.

Could someone maybe put it up? And if results go against him I seriously think we should start to make our voices heard.

I personally don't think we can carry on like this. It's heartbreaking to watch.

1 hour ago, Shibbydoo said:

I've tried to make a poll to see who wants Callum in charge next season - it's not letting me do it for some reason.

Could someone maybe put it up? And if results go against him I seriously think we should start to make our voices heard.

I personally don't think we can carry on like this. It's heartbreaking to watch.

Nothing is going to change between now and of the season with only 5 fanes left and a relegatiov scrap. Its not the time to start a protest against the manager imo, it would be counter productive for the players I think

31 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Nothing is going to change between now and of the season with only 5 fanes left and a relegatiov scrap. Its not the time to start a protest against the manager imo, it would be counter productive for the players I think

Counter productive!!!! Surely if they were delivering what they are paid to do it would  be exactly that, but the team might be more productive with a new leader in charge. 

That said, perhaps we are simply not good enough.

You don't change your manager at this time of the year in the position we are in. We are, believe it or not, on an upward spell - we have won a couple of games and are off the bottom. We need another couple of wins to enter the playoffs. And with the right approach we can go and defend our league status. Those game will be cup finals.....and apparently we are good at those. 
CD will step away to spend time with family, he won't be sacked. He's way too much part of the local scene, and connected.