St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

23 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Yes, but health is devolved. We’ll find out in a month whether letting fans in to that game was a good idea or not. 

Yes, there are obviously some very big families in London and Leicester or social distancing was very quickly forgotten about.

8 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

What pubs are going to be showing the final in perth aside from the cherry bank and do you need to book? 

I know cherrybank is bookings. Publicans will be a bit nervous about getting slapped with a fine, but God knows how social distancing will work in a pub. And if Saints win... Forget it. Hug the coppers first.

53 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I know cherrybank is bookings. Publicans will be a bit nervous about getting slapped with a fine, but God knows how social distancing will work in a pub. And if Saints win... Forget it. Hug the coppers first.

I was getting a table in Sandeman at 2:45 to 4:45 then was getting a mate to book at 4:45 but they all staying home to watch with family 

17 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

But where is final top and virtual ticket for this game.

The cup final top & t-shirts were announced minutes after the semi-final: https://www.stjohnstonedirect.co.uk/collections/cup-final/products/limited-edition-scottish-cup-final-20-21-jersey

(No sign of a virtual ticket yet though)

5 hours ago, saintgscot said:

Anyone want to join me just say I’ll book the table 

Just book the table mate. I'm sure there will be quite a few that don't want to attend family gigs etc and want to let loose. Another option is my old local, the Strathy in Bridgend. Think Mike & Mo still run it (?) Dunno, I was always blind in there, Roddy and some saints players/ staff too. Guaranteed atmosphere ++++

6 hours ago, california_saintee said:

Aye, just with different wording.

(To be honest, if the worst thing about the cup final is that the club had to recycle the limited edition shirt from a final we won a few months earlier, I'm not complaining.)

Not a fan of the shirt but I'm pleased they're using it again. At £50 a top plus more for printing etc if you want it, I think there would rightly have been some grumblings amongst fans if they'd brought out yet another completely different shirt for a one-off match.

I'm finding it really difficult to get excited for the weekend, I remember in 2014 it being a fortnight of anticipation, shops in Perth with window displays, scarf and had on the grouse, a massive buzz on here.  It all seems so flat this year due to covid and I guess the relentless fixture list in the lead-up to it.  

I think the simple things like tickets arriving in the post, getting flags made, making travel plans etc are intrinsic to the enjoyment of a final for fans.

Anyone else struggling to get in the right spirit?  

20 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

I'm finding it really difficult to get excited for the weekend, I remember in 2014 it being a fortnight of anticipation, shops in Perth with window displays, scarf and had on the grouse, a massive buzz on here.  It all seems so flat this year due to covid and I guess the relentless fixture list in the lead-up to it.  

I think the simple things like tickets arriving in the post, getting flags made, making travel plans etc are intrinsic to the enjoyment of a final for fans.

Feel much the same as well, I think not being able to organise meeting any family or fellow fans is probably what kills it the most for me.

38 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

I was going to post exactly the same thing! Back in 2014 there was a nervous excitement and the lead up to the final was brilliant.

I remember driving through to the Barrossa club to pay for my groups bus tickets and I had a stroll around the town, everywhere there was signs that we were in the cup final!

On here we were talking about who was going from surrounding areas, blue beer, where we would have breaky before leaving etc. etc.

Very different feel this time around but the tension will build I'm sure.

I think the Covid outbreak around the club has also put a dampener on things.