Saints January '22 Transfer Activity

Melbourne Saint

16 hours ago, Durray Mavidson said:

Happy with Hallberg, offers something different.  (the ability to run)

He has struggled to get onto the bench at Hibs and has not played any football other  than 3 mins against Cove Rangers. It will take him a few weeks to get upt o speed but I hope he can bring something but it will not be goals as he averages 1 a year . 5 goals in the last 5 years

15 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

This'll be the third time I've seen us relegated. 

It's shit and this one might be the worst because the club are embarrassing themselves this time.

Firstly, we aren’t down yet. There is a LOT of football to be played. 

I agree it was avoidable but at least we aren’t just sitting there, making no effort to rectify the situation. The board rightly or wrongly believe in Callum. That decision will be decided in a few months 

Edited by Pat McGroin

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

He has struggled to get onto the bench at Hibs and has not played any football other  than 3 mins against Cove Rangers. It will take him a few weeks to get upt o speed but I hope he can bring something but it will not be goals as he averages 1 a year . 5 goals in the last 5 years

Have noticed a couple of Hibs fans saying they thought he should have been played further forward for them, so it'll be interesting to see what Callum sees his role as being in our midfield.

A 26-year-old midfielder with three caps for Sweden certainly looks a good signing on paper. His club career seems to have stuttered quite a bit, but if he does well here it wouldn't be the first time a player has flourished at Saints after not fitting in at Hibs.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

He actually played 82 minutes against Cove but you are right we will need to handle his game time carefully.  Ciftci was lacking match fitness but gave us 100%.  However, when he asked his body for that wee bit extra to get clear of a Dundee defender on Wednesday it could not quite respond.

52 minutes ago, south inch said:

He actually played 82 minutes against Cove

My mistake he came off after 82 mins. I missed him in the team as BBC had him playing right in a back 3.

Macey
20Hallberg4Hanlon16Stevenson
27Cadden32Campbell11Newell3Doig
80Henderson
14Mueller9Doidge

5 hours ago, south inch said:

He actually played 82 minutes against Cove but you are right we will need to handle his game time carefully.  Ciftci was lacking match fitness but gave us 100%.  However, when he asked his body for that wee bit extra to get clear of a Dundee defender on Wednesday it could not quite respond.

Yeah I think he pushed himself to much and pulled his hammy due to lack of game time & then 3 games in a week. Well 2 games & 10 mins.

3 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Aberdeen reject over £4m for Calvin Ramsay.

No caps.

No trophies.

1st full season.

Should take the money. Look what happened to the young left back who was offered similar offer & Hibs turned it down. Now he is struggling to get in the team ahead of veteran Stevenson.

We should go an have a look for a striker in the lower English Leagues like Ross County did picking up Regan Charles -Cook from Gillingham, Rangers did with Ryan Kent who had been playing at Bristol City after several loans elsewhere. Personally, think we should have tried harder to keep Olaofe but he was another that came and wasn’t used. With Kane injured perhaps Eetu will get off the bench, or even on the bench!