The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Signing about to be announced. Connor McLennan maybe?

Have to offload Mikey but will have to be a loan so won't save my h of a wage.

Probably Max and Ballantyne loaned but would like to see Max in the team. Probably won't see Ballantyne in a saints strip again.

Have to try and loan out Bair as well.

17 minutes ago, Cagey said:

30 players plus 5 out on loan. It's not financially sustainable.

after years of moans about the club not spending we are now full of fans saying the club are overspending. God give us strength do you not think the club will know the budgets that they can afford.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

after years of moans about the club not spending we are now full of fans saying the club are overspending. God give us strength do you not think the club will know the budgets that they can afford.

I agree, if we have the cash, we should spend as much as is needed to stay up, cost of religation is huge. Obviously groaners are mainly about who is on the other end of the wallet, can't say I disagree with them either, as I've not been happy with CD last season+ nor most signings. But until he's gone, need to support the team and I like seeing the spending, you take that away, who knows where we are.

Weird place we are all in here until we have a manager we all believe in.

52 minutes ago, belfastsaintee said:

When we have no reserve league and no cup runs why the hell do we have this bloated squad for less than 40 league games 

Maybe broon won the lottery or had a rich uncle show up. If the money's there, why do we care?

We know they will never push us into huge losses. They choose not to invest and spend too many times, even when many were screaming for it.

8 hours ago, mainstand said:

People wanted money spent when we were on the rise to secure better players. That most certainly isn't the case with the money that has been spent in the last two windows. A lot of wasted money is not what any of us want to see, even you surely?

Just my opinion - the main worry for fans will be the amount of mediocre dross , that are unable to raise their game, that CD has amassed and I think this is what is coming across in previous posts.    It will become unsustainable,  imagine the fall out if we get relegated, it will be carnage.

14 minutes ago, GMac said:

Just my opinion - the main worry for fans will be the amount of mediocre dross , that are unable to raise their game, that CD has amassed and I think this is what is coming across in previous posts.    It will become unsustainable,  imagine the fall out if we get relegated, it will be carnage.

Nail. On. Head.

McLennan sounds like a younger version of the current O'Halloran, maybe without the pace, i.e. the one redeeming thing.

In his earlier days, Connor could occasionally look "unplayable" - recall his performances turning deficits at home to Livi/ St Mirren into wins, then there was the cup replay goal at Ibrox. 

He would still have matches where it seemed his laces were tied together, but some put that down to typical erratic wide player and most were okay with him getting an extended deal in the latter McInnes days.

Nowadays though, all he seems to do is run into the back of players and foul them, or miscontrol it and let the ball run of play. He's gone backwards at an alarming rate of knots, but maybe this move will revive him.

-----

His brain and feet aren't connected, he can run about a bit but more likely to trip over the ball than have any end product.

-----

If you could somehow tap into the player that broke into the side a few years ago you might be into something. He never had the greatest quality but through sheer directness and aggression on the ball he could provide a spark to a pedestrian performance. His instinct was always to either beat his man or get a cross in early. 

Unfortunately he lost that at some point, he went back to playing safe, more likely to lay it back to his full back then get the ball in the box or beat a man. His touch can be very poor, he’s not the quickest either. 

He will give you work rate and will track back but loads of players in Scotland can do that. If he’s coming into to add quality and goals in the final third I suspect you’ll be disappointed.

-----

Fast and strong but with a poor first touch and not a great football brain either.

I think he'd make a better striker than a winger but my honest opinion is he'll drop down the leagues.

-----

Personally I think McLennan is more a Cove Rangers type player than a St Johnstone one. He will probably do one or two good things in a game but he usually runs into defenders or tries to beat 2 men when 1 would be enough.

-----

I always got the sense Derek tried to coach him too much. If you give him a ball and tell him to hit the byline then he's more than capable. We started cutting back and then crossing the ball in. He was always on his week foot or didn't have a chance to cross so would play it back to the defender.