New poll: The Manager

blueheaven

Should Callum Davidson be replaced?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Extremely weird way to look at it, but the late Hendry and Rooney goals could arguably have had a bigger impact than we’d ever have thought

Most certainly, I think that whole night and the emotion of players leaving glossed over the failings of Davidson. He has been quick to remind us of the issues this season.

6 hours ago, Mad on saints said:

Guys I’m not saying it for a joke. Serious we are stuck with Callum till at least Christmas. We cannot afford to pay him off.

This is just not true. Saints are a wealthy company who can afford to change their manager. They've simply chosen not to.

14 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Most certainly, I think that whole night and the emotion of players leaving glossed over the failings of Davidson. He has been quick to remind us of the issues this season.

I said before the play-off that I was worried people would treat a victory as something to celebrate and it would create the impression that we'd finished on a high, when in fact it was a massive, unnecessary embarrassment that we were in the position of having to play those matches in the first place. And I have to say I think we only beat ICT so comfortably because there turned out to be a bigger gap between 11th in the Premiership and 3rd in the Championship than we would have expected.

The fans were fantastic throughout last season but that's probably helped to keep him in a job. I really think that if this form continues we'll start to see a lot more unrest in the stands this season though.

30 minutes ago, mainstand said:

84 votes is hardly a massive poll though Even Boris could win on a poll of 84.

Its still a significant amount of people who post/read the forum regularly.

Another poll on social media in which nearly 500 people voted showed at least 85% felt it is time for Davidson to go. I cant remember many managers in recent years who have managed to turn around such unrest from supporters.

I note he is in the media today again blaming his players and shouting about the need to sign more players. He is like a broken record now and it sad to see a man who has achieved so much good for the club get himself into this position. Steve Brown is only delaying the inevitable, for the sake of the club and for Davidson himself, he needs to go.

I would be making contact with Jody Morris. Has played in our league, has an understanding of the type of football required to be successful and has coaching experience in the English Championship, Premiership and Champions League. By all accounts he is desperate to be a manager in his own right, he has good contacts in Scotland and in England (particularly in regards to younger players who we could pick up) and would be instantly respected by the players.

43 minutes ago, Aitchy said:

Its still a significant amount of people who post/read the forum regularly.

Another poll on social media in which nearly 500 people voted showed at least 85% felt it is time for Davidson to go. I cant remember many managers in recent years who have managed to turn around such unrest from supporters.

I note he is in the media today again blaming his players and shouting about the need to sign more players. He is like a broken record now and it sad to see a man who has achieved so much good for the club get himself into this position. Steve Brown is only delaying the inevitable, for the sake of the club and for Davidson himself, he needs to go.

I would be making contact with Jody Morris. Has played in our league, has an understanding of the type of football required to be successful and has coaching experience in the English Championship, Premiership and Champions League. By all accounts he is desperate to be a manager in his own right, he has good contacts in Scotland and in England (particularly in regards to younger players who we could pick up) and would be instantly respected by the players.

Also has a good record of bringing youth players through at Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, Aitchy said:

Yep, I've been saying this since the Kelty game. We should move on this before we miss the boat and he gets another job (like happened with Derek McInnes).

11 minutes ago, Linky said:

Jody Morris would be amazing, but he would've been on a huge wage at Chelsea. Quite a cut to come to us. He might be waiting for a vacancy behind the scenes at Everton

If Lampard was going to take him to Everton he would have done by now.

Late to the party and I have voted for a change to be made. The mention of Jody Morris should be the type of a candidate we pursue.

On the back of the last two home seasons dismal home form I have decided to hold off on renewing my season ticket, but seeing how the close season has gone it has made the decision simple to not renew and pick and choose games. 

16 hours ago, mainstand said:

84 votes is hardly a massive poll though Even Boris could win on a poll of 84.

He might win a random poll somewhere, but he’s unlikely to win one north of the border. 

That’s the key here. WAP is obviously a small group, but it’s a group with a very specific shared interest that is very relevant to the poll. 

16 hours ago, Linky said:

Jody Morris would be amazing, but he would've been on a huge wage at Chelsea. Quite a cut to come to us. He might be waiting for a vacancy behind the scenes at Everton

I wouldn't really call it a cut when he's been out of work for a year and a half. Not sure exactly what his source of income is now but the Saints job would probably represent a pay increase rather than a pay cut.

He's said in an interview that he wants his next move to be a management job and has had some interviews but hasn't found the right thing yet: https://trainingground.guru/articles/jody-morris-why-i-didnt-join-frank-lampards-staff-at-everton

He may or may not be a realistic candidate for Saints but I'd have thought that at the very least it would be worth a try. I think he'd bring a freshness and positivity, he'd bring some buzz back to the club and a bit of profile, he has terrific contacts, a strong background in youth development, players would want to play for him and sign for him, and he knows the club/Scottish football so would come here with his eyes open. He's also still young and hungry to do well in what would be his first management job. He pretty much ticks every box.

In general I don't really care if a candidate has history at Saints or not, but in his case I think his past here is the key thing that might allow us to attract him.

My worry is that nobody at Saints is even thinking of the next move for a manager right now, hope I m wrong with that, at the very least they should have a plan for Callum’s replacement.

I still keep seeing folk say “ who is there to replace him” , “ who could do better “, for me, the who replaces him doesn’t matter right now, it’s the fact that by staying he is making our position worse with every decision. I m really concerned that by the time we face Hibs we ll have a goalie on loan from somewhere plus two other loan signings ( or worse, 2 more guys on 2 year deals who aren’t good enough )and the budget gone.

He goes, Saints need a new manager, I think Jody Morris sounds an amazing shout if we could pull it off but there would be a lot of interest from managers wanting the job I d have thought. It must surely be seen as a very good job surely, given our recent success, giving managers time, managers moving on etc

1 hour ago, Strawman said:

My worry is that nobody at Saints is even thinking of the next move for a manager right now, hope I m wrong with that, at the very least they should have a plan for Callum’s replacement.

Me too. I don't think Brown has even considered it. I think if we'd have been relegated, he'd have let Davidson see out his contract, and the fact that we stayed up is just a bonus.

The absolute shyte on here gets worse every day, same 10-12 folk with their agendas and a few sheep that follow.

Majority of the support are not with you, most decent folk left WAP over the years due to the rubbish posted on here.

Good luck the good guys including Mainstand & The Lark but WAP has become a shytefest an I'm ooooooot.