Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

11 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Hallberg not coming back.  Saints have taken the deal off the table.

Couldn't leave it any longer so well done Macca.

As said before would have taken him but not upset we haven't

With our lack of front players I think he could have done a job for us but not to be. Move on.

23 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Might be back at Saints sooner than expected.

Being reported from several sources Fleetwood's Chairman Pilley has been convicted of fraud and jailed for 13 years.

Chief executive Steve Curwood replaced Pilley as chairman after he stepped down last month. Apparently fraud not connected to the football club. 

I think Goodwin told the United players they could leave if they didn't fancy the fight in the championship.

Who would we take if we had the choice. Probably Pawlett as he is in the right age group as GMS that it is rumoured we are after.

46 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I think Goodwin told the United players they could leave if they didn't fancy the fight in the championship.

Who would we take if we had the choice. Probably Pawlett as he is in the right age group as GMS that it is rumoured we are after.

Please NO.

26 minutes ago, Setting Son said:

We are 

Yeah but the way we haven't been in for the few free agents most of us would have had in our team , it looks like we are down to the has been or unproven loans.

Time is passing and not much happening. Monday's meeting might be interesting.

46 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Yeah but the way we haven't been in for the few free agents most of us would have had in our team , it looks like we are down to the has been or unproven loans.

Time is passing and not much happening. Monday's meeting might be interesting.

You don’t know who we have been in for. The club has always liked to do business behind closed doors. 

I’d wager we made Kennedy an offer, and probably one or two others that you would have liked. 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

You don’t know who we have been in for. The club has always liked to do business behind closed doors. 

I’d wager we made Kennedy an offer, and probably one or two others that you would have liked. 

We did make Kennedy an offer, according to Aidan Smith. Macca has also mentioned being outbid by other clubs for players. It's not that nothing is happening.

2 hours ago, Savage said:

Aberdeen forums are saying Joe Lewis is heavily linked with us, now that Ross Dohan has joined them. 

I don't think that would be a terrible idea. An old experienced 'keeper who would help the new number 1.

Surely Gus MacPherson must have been compiling a list of potential targets over the past year. I realise we will not be the first choice of many players, but still would have be nice for the morale of the squad and the supporters if we had signed a few new players by now.

I like Macca saying he is looking for quality over quantity and is willing to wait, but it could be a risky strategy. If we go into the League Cup games and suffer some poor results against lower league teams, then it could have an impact on the mindset of an already fragile squad, particularly the younger players. I note that it has been mentioned that players in England who are out of contract are still due another months salary, so it may be the case that we see more movement towards the end of this month.

I try to remain optimistic as I can in regards to all things Saints, but it’s hard to keep remain upbeat when you look at our current squad. A inexperienced keeper, two ageing defenders, two left backs who have had injury problems, a midfield containing players like Crawford and Carey who go missing at every opportunity and then a strike force that contains two players (Clark & Kane) that are both coming back from serious injuries. 

Maccas recruitment is going to have to be spot on.