Rate The Gaffer 2012

Dave Ferg

Rate the Gaffer  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Satisfied.

Great signings, some strange selections and formations. But he is a young manager gaining experience

Passionate, kicks every ball. Could do to curb his 'enthusiasm'. But he is a young manager gaining experience

Comes across as a bit arrogant at times, when I've spoken to him he seems a bit aloof but maybe thats just me. I don't have to want to go for a pint with the man, as long as he does a good job for St Johnstone I'll be happy. Which so far, he is!

I took the title of the thread at face value, and rated him on all of 2012.

The start of the year seemed to go well, showed promise but I was a bit puzzled by the young lads he brought in and presumably paid a wage to, then forgot to play.

I think this demonstrated his under-rating of Scottish football, and more than a little naivety. We let it go, because lee croft saved his arse, and was missed hugely when he was injured.

Then we had him talking up gers in the papers, again displaying a certain naivety and a disconnect from how the fans felt.

Around this time he was muttering about the distractions of Europe, which showed his disregard for the fans. Comments about over achieving didn't help his cause any.

To off set this, he did make some very good signings in the summer.

A sticky start to the season, in a period shrouded in controversy had many, me included, calling for his head.

All through this we have had many run ins with authority.

We have had snide comments about budgets and size of the squad he has been allowed to assemble.

We also had a purple patch, an almost unprecedented run in the league which may have saved his bacon.

So over the piece, the negatives far out weigh the positives.

In a few months, is already one of the most successful Saints managers on paper. MOTM, winninig sequence, shot at Europe, looking good for top 6 for only the seond time. Very satisfied.

Not happy about the twattish behaviour on the touchline.

The anti-Lomas guys have never, ever said what he has to do to satisfy them, other than bewildering nonsense abou how Scobie should have been two inches to the left when he got that long pass in the friendly against Ballymena Rovers, his subbies are shite (but only when we lost - apparently they become brilliant and Christ-like when we win), he once folded his arms and looked bored when we played CowRangStDU, here's 14 paragraphs of detailed tactical analysis that proves when we beat Celtic we were actually shite, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

In specific terms, in terms of results and placings, WHAT would satisfy you?

I asked the Beloved. She replies she is very satisfied by Lomas' performance.

I wasn't aware they had met.

In a few months, is already one of the most successful Saints managers on paper. MOTM, winninig sequence, shot at Europe, looking good for top 6 for only the seond time. Very satisfied.

Not happy about the twattish behaviour on the touchline.

The anti-Lomas guys have never, ever said what he has to do to satisfy them, other than bewildering nonsense abou how Scobie should have been two inches to the left when he got that long pass in the friendly against Ballymena Rovers, his subbies are shite (but only when we lost - apparently they become brilliant and Christ-like when we win), he once folded his arms and looked bored when we played CowRangStDU, here's 14 paragraphs of detailed tactical analysis that proves when we beat Celtic we were actually shite, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

In specific terms, in terms of results and placings, WHAT would satisfy you?

I asked the Beloved. She replies she is very satisfied by Lomas' performance.

I wasn't aware they had met.

Dont even get me started about the CowRangStDU game :twisted:

Positives

-Good signings

-Excellent organisation of back 4 (a must if you want to be successful, the rest is experimental)

-Rebuilt the team quickly and impressively after losing key players (Morris, Fran, Sheridan)

-Is getting the best out of key players McKay is growing in his role (last weeks red mist aside) Davidson is similarly starting to fulfill his potential.

-Getting results, Saints are stick on for top 6, every chance of better.

-5/6 straight wins (I think?), no mean feat this season, I doubt any other team has matched this or will before the season is out.

-Instilling a winning mentality, no surprise the team were petulant last week, just bested the team who were very recently top of the league, all over the park, and lost a late goal after missing a penalty, it hurt and the team showed it! (Again yesterday showed a lot of balls.)

-He and his team are universally underrated, (even on here) never a bad thing.

Negatives

-Changes the team too much

-Is dreadful with a camera or microphone in the vicinity

-Has to balance aggression/passion with a more measured approach, as this is spilling on to the pitch.

-Never talk about sevco!

(all these can be changed without too much difficulty!)

Positives

-Good signings

-Excellent organisation of back 4 (a must if you want to be successful, the rest is experimental)

-Rebuilt the team quickly and impressively after losing key players (Morris, Fran, Sheridan)

-Is getting the best out of key players McKay is growing in his role (last weeks red mist aside) Davidson is similarly starting to fulfill his potential.

-Getting results, Saints are stick on for top 6, every chance of better.

-5/6 straight wins (I think?), no mean feat this season, I doubt any other team has matched this or will before the season is out.

-Instilling a winning mentality, no surprise the team were petulant last week, just bested the team who were very recently top of the league, all over the park, and lost a late goal after missing a penalty, it hurt and the team showed it! (Again yesterday showed a lot of balls.)

-He and his team are universally underrated, (even on here) never a bad thing.

Negatives

-Changes the team too much

-Is dreadful with a camera or microphone in the vicinity

-Has to balance aggression/passion with a more measured approach, as this is spilling on to the pitch.

-Never talk about sevco!

(all these can be changed without too much difficulty!)

You'll be hoping he stays for a long time, or how about you take him :ph34r:

Don't get the negativity, but then happens at every club, some Arabs have had it in for Houstie from the start.

No, I don't either. Some on here have had it in for SL from the start too and are clearly unable/don't want to change their views. However, I've a bone to pick with you......you make comments on here that are far too sensible and measured - we can't have such things on a footie forum!! :-)

The thing is, and I'm not seeking to simply justify myself here as I'm possibly the biggest detractor. These days managers are more accessible and in the spotlight more. Its not simply a results business anymore. It is not particularly fair but managers are judged on many different factors these days.