Saints - Dundee Utd 1/4/13

sjfc.spl.09-10

Call it jammy if you like but there was only one team going to score in the last half hour.p.s.check the league.Already its April and we are ABOVE both Dundee teams,both Edinburgh teams and Aberdeen & Kilmarnock.You would have taken that in August

Shows you how shite Scottish football is.The amount of aimless passes,awful first touches and lack of vision was laughable.

Firstly, well done to the lads on another top six finish, we're a wee team on a wee budget and we've got to be happy with where we are. If we actually win some post split games this season amd get to Europe again I'll be delighted but ultimately top six was the realistic target at the start of the season.

Tonight was piss poor from both teams and in the end a draw was a fair result even if we did leave it very very late. The goal we conceded was soft, Wright screwed up but Mannus should have stayed on his line. The equaliser was scrappy having spurned much better opportunities, if we'd taken our chances it could have easily been 3 or 4-1. Few of the boys had a bad game, particularly Tade who looked like he'd never seen a football before let alone kicked one.

Had to laugh at the bloke sat behind me in the first half bemoaning the fact that we aren't playing like Barcelona. Get real! It wasn't pretty tonight but ultimately we needed a point and we got one.

Proud to be a Saintee!

Half of what is wrong with Scottish football is shown in this thread. Nothing but folk slagging the game off!!

If you are a fan that is thinking about going to a game there is no chance if they read these bloody threads. Every player gets knocked, the team get knocked and the Club get knocked,

The facts are that we dominated that match for long spells tonight, 19 shots against Uniteds 5 9 on target against United 2.

A game lasts 90 minutes Andy so no more jammy scoring in 90 than 2nd

The pitch tonight was boobly and had little grass on it, so give the players some slack,.

read 7 posts and not one of them congratulated the Club, WELL DONE SAINTS TOP 6 GREAT ACHIEVEMENT!!!

WELL DONE STEVE LOMAS AND LIAM!!!

Edited by mainstand

Quite a night. Atmosphere and emotions at the end are taking over but it was a poor performance from too many players. Although they never stop fighting and even those playing shite dont hide. Top 6 for 2 seasons running is brilliant and is a fantastic achievement for the club. I just wish that we had Roddy,Paul Wright or a non-coked up George O'Boyle as we would be clear in 2nd. MacLean links play so well but fek he canny finish.

Scoring so late felt like a win. Poor display with Vine looking off the pace & Tade looking like he had never seen a football before. Lomas started with 4-5-1 as usual & we did nothing before United scored.Lomas changed it to 4-4-2 after that & we had most of the rest of the game.

How many games have we started 4-5-1 this season & never looked dangerous until going 4-4-2.

Crying out for Vine to be taken off at half time but yet again subs left too late.

Never mind all is forgiven now we are in top 6.

What a load of moaning cunts. That was the best atmosphere we've had at home this season. If you can't enjoy a game like that you're not a football fan.

I will stick up for Tade, he was poor but he was involved unlike Vine. Thought taking him off was a terrible decision, first time I've booed a subbie I think.

Great spirit from the team which is a credit to Lomas.

Ecstatic with the injury time goal - would have been a total travesty if the Arabs left with 3 points - we had 19 efforts on goal with 9 on target - 8 corners to 2 - we all know a goalscorer and we'd be clear 2nd. Fantastic achievement by the Management & Players..noe lets push on for Europe :)

Unreal. A real display of grit and determination to overcome a team set up to nick a goal and defend to the death. Never going to be pretty, but went perfectly to MacNamara's script for 93 minutes.

Congratulations to Saints for a top six finish. Top six with at least two other teams in Ross County and Inverness who will be great entertainment.

Scottish Football isn't dead, and all the negativity is shite. It isn't La Liga, it isn't the Premiership, but it's damn good entertainment.

I can't comprehend the folk who say its dead, but in the next breath say that the 1st division is better fun.

'Mon the Saints. One team in Tayside, and at least one proud Saintee tonight.

Shows you how shite Scottish football is.The amount of aimless passes,awful first touches and lack of vision was laughable.

Whine, moan, whine. It's not la liga but its nowhere as bad as folk make out.

It was a great game of football - really exciting. Quality wasn't fantastic but really good match. You don't need great talent to watch a good game!

First up congratulations to Saints and Lomas, top six and well deserved, the table rarely lies. 

Don't understand where the negativity comes from, I thought tonight was an engaging derby with a lot at stake and both teams enjoying a half each of dominance and the best atmosphere at McD I have seen in many years. Unlikely we will make top six, but if you win 3 home games in a season you should not be in the top six.

Lomas has his work cut out pleasing some of the punters in this town! Yet again he plays a cagey game first half and clearly analyses the play with purpose, and his team emerged a more potent outfit and got what their play deserved in the the second.

Now for a few negatives. Brines! I thought he got most of the big calls wrong tonight. I have no problem with a clearly more powerful team showing some youngsters what its all about, but not if its a second late(Muzz) or nasty and two footed (Craig). As for the sending off, not for me, nor was it a penalty, but for some mysterious reason officials feel obliged to call one or the other. Armstrong had his foot stood on, and went over, but was never getting the ball so no penalty, but neither was it a dive. Muzz was disappointing, for me, and looked every inch the Rangers player. Three times in the first half he lay down and whimpered at the ref,and his blind side assault on a 16 year old playing his first start was an act of utter shytebaggery.

All told though it was worth the money....what a difference another thousand in each end would have made.

The sad thing is that if you see someone that is ill and constantly tell them and everyone else they are dieing then the chances are that they will.

PS

A special wee mention to Police Scotland for putting their Force helicopter up to ensure we all got in safely tonight.

Edited by mainstand