St Johnstone Vs St Mirren.

Aitchy

It should be noted that we had 2 perfectly good goals disallowed yesterday.In the first one the goalie goes down so it must be a foul it's a contact sport ffs.The second one our player was a yard onside but the east stand linesman who couldn't even keep up with play gave it offside. These goals are allowed and it would be a whole different discussion on here.

Fair point, I saw nothing wrong with the first disallowed goal but was too far away to judge the second.  We'll see what the highlights show if the BBC bothers to show them.

One simple thing TW could work on.  Too often yesterday our front men (I'll call them strikers when they have scored a few more) were slow to get back onside.  I counted three occasions after I noticed this when a renewed attack broke down because one or more Saints' players were still offside and knew they could not touch the ball.  Not too much to ask them to run back into position instead of indulging in a leisurely stroll!

I have just watched the highlights and I am even more convinced now that both goals should have stood, I would  say the goalie was actually nearer to being fouled at Andersons goal than he was at the first disallowed goal.

Agree with you mate.

If you look at the lines of the pitch Graham was well behind the ball when it was passed to him.

Bit disappointed that we are chasing games/victories to the extent that we are leaving the backdoor open, allowing teams to hit us on the break.

Think the Manager and coaches have to instill into the players, if you can't win the game, make sure you don't lose it.

Been picked off 3 times recently, against ICT. UNITED and now St. Mirren.

This must stop.

As shit as I still think we were on Saturday, having viewed the  disallowed goals again I  must say that St.Mirren did not beat us. Piss poor officials did.  How many times???? :evil:  :evil:

Sadly mate -every club will suffer due to poor decisions - Its up to the players and management to rise above these decisions and get on with the game.

Whether we like it or not the current squad is going through a period of one or more players having a poor game and the brunt of this will rightly be placed at the manager and his assistants.

Something somewhere is not gelling and its down to them to sort out - the easy way out is to say WE NEED this or that - It is not going to happen unless some multi millionaire decides to invest in the club -the name on most folks radar would be Mr Stagecoach BUT he wont do it unless he has control.

The players now being criticised are the guys who we all spoke highly about when they signed - Spoony is one of them - So what has gone wrong with his form OR Lee Crofts current fitness levels and the list could go on.

I dont know what the "training" involves at the training ground or how long they actually train per day -the same as I have no idea what is in Saints bank account now or before.

I guess the way we are all talking the way we are is pure frustration at getting beat or the manner of those defeats -

We are bound to bounce back at some point -its the Saints way

Still saving for Europe next year -------£7-52 so far.

I do wonder about the fitness of some players. Croft looks overweight but usually outruns full backs quite easily but on Saturday he got barged off the ball & he looked like an old man trying to get up after it.

Easton looks heavier & slower this season. He was outrun last week against United & was nowhere to be seen when Drury scored the second yesterday.

I do wonder about the fitness of some players. Croft looks overweight but usually outruns full backs quite easily but on Saturday he got barged off the ball & he looked like an old man trying to get up after it.

Easton looks heavier & slower this season. He was outrun last week against United & was nowhere to be seen when Drury scored the second yesterday.

Have you ever met Croft face to face? I would love to be as overweight as he is!! 

Croft certainly helped change the game and looked for the ball to make things happen, where as Spoony's body language says it all, just doesn't seem to want to on the pitch, only downside for Croft was a couple of times was in a great position ahead of the fullback, but lacked the pace to keep ahead of him and get to the byeline/box and the momentum was lost, the last time he was here seemed quicker, I know not getting regular starts is the excuse but has seemed to lost a yard and surely as a pro of his age and experience should be fully aware of diet/fitness/lifestyle

Croft certainly helped change the game and looked for the ball to make things happen, where as Spoony's body language says it all, just doesn't seem to want to on the pitch, only downside for Croft was a couple of times was in a great position ahead of the fullback, but lacked the pace to keep ahead of him and get to the byeline/box and the momentum was lost, the last time he was here seemed quicker, I know not getting regular starts is the excuse but has seemed to lost a yard and surely as a pro of his age and experience should be fully aware of diet/fitness/lifestyle

Croft is NOT fat i was talking to him in town and his body shape is really  toned,  its a myth that he is fat

I still think we played shite. In fact really shite until Croft came on ( I said that yesterday) The fact that were were denied one definite goal and probably another ( although some of these you get and some you don't as it is an opinion issue by the ref which is open to interpretation) does not make you right in saying that saints played anything like good enough. We are a professional football team, but can't pass, don't work hard enough and most of all can't defend properly. So while you go about patting yourself on the back, I will continue to say that we are playing piss poor fitba, with piss poor tactics and need to get it sorted very soon. St.Mirren were pish but we made them look anything but.

Of the 4 defeats we have suffered on the bounce, our second half performance on Saturday was the most promising I've seen.  Gutted to get beaten at home by St Mirren, and it wasn't a vintage performance, but we definitely deserved something out of the game. 

With the 2 recent long term injuries, late signings of BG, Lappin and McFadden, and Muzz just returning, we are effectively now trying to gel a team when other clubs got to do it during pre-season. (the reasons for that have been covered plenty so no point going over old ground).  It is harsh to take it out on the players and especially the manager when he is still trying to work out our strongest starting 11.  At least he has 2 weeks to work with them now during the break.

There was plenty of effort and commitment, we're just going through a period of bad luck and too many players out of form at the same time.  The defending has been naive at times to be hit on the counter so often, and with such a lack of pace at the back we need an extra body or two to sit back.  If anything at the weekend, the players got carried away with the need to win and were chasing the game as if it was a cup tie when maybe with hindsight a point would have at least stopped the rot.  Two good goals from St Mirrens point of view.

There are still plenty of positives with this squad.  We have a centre forward who looks like he could score every game (would be 5 in 5 if not for shite officiating), and a potentially good partnership with McFadden.  We are 2-3 wins from mid-table and 2 games from another Hampden final.

We have had a lot of highs from this squad over the past couple of seasons, especially last season, and they deserve a bit better than some of the nonsense people have been coming out with - I saw on Saints FB page someone mention sack TW ??  and as for that guy that threw his scarf onto the track as he left the East Stand on Saturday, you should be Widow Twankie in this years panto you big drama queen.  I hope you're embarrassed. 

Can go one of two ways - fans get on players backs, confidence gets lower and we spiral down, or the fans get right behind the team and give them a lift, even when we are struggling, and the team feed off that.  We're great with our card and flag displays in a Cup Final or big European games, and make plenty of noise then, but what about when the team need backing now?  What about a big blue and white display before the next home game, get Espania Cani going again and everyone with the scarves twirling and a bit of noise.  Support is for the rain as well as the sunshine, lets not just turn into another pishy moaning support when their team is struggling, like St Mirren, Killie, Hibs etc last season.