Saints V Dundee. Sat 11Th April 2015

objective achieved!!! Those that said at the start of the season or even round October TAHT there was no way we would make the top 6 have been proved wrong.

Yes it could and probably should have been better, because given the bad results we have had we should be at lease 10 or so points better off. But as said objective achieved and no one can ask for any more.

Oh and what about half time entertainment thought the auld geezer was going to fall on his arse ;)

Macca and spoony should have been taken off as they were below par, spoony needs a moral boost. And how macca missed that pass through to him when he would have been 1 on 1 with the keeper was mind boggling.

It kind of looked like he either kicked the turf or got his foot caught a wee bit. Still had a poor game though.

Agree with others, Wotherspoon was very poor. I think we are all willing him to do better, but I find him particularly frustrating as you know there is genuine talent in there. I've never seen a player be such a confidence player.

I thought Lappin played really well and after his goal Graham was excellent. Yes there was on or two miscontrols, but he was full of running, played well and put in some shift. If he isn't too an expensive wage, I'd take a punt on him for next season. More effective than similar players of that type than we have had in the past, fallon, iwelumo, haber etc.

Good job on top 6. Don't know if we are all getting too used to it or what, but doesn't feel as big an achievement this season. Maybe also down to the fact we haven't seem to have been playing all that well! Strange...

Edited by TheYellowBox

Easy win but could and should have been easier. Yet again second half after going a goal up in the first we resort to an utter shit fest with every man behind the ball defending the lead. Tommy keeps talking about how we are having to cope with losing a 27 goal striker. Continually harping on about it won't help the players confidence. I'm sick of hearing about it. Its over 30 games ago.

The fact is our mentality prevents us scoring goals. Our tactics prevent us scoring goals. You're not going to score with 10 men in your own half for half a game.

As for the substitutions. Yes, we all love Macca but personally I want to remember him fondly. Flogging him for 90 mins every week when he can't do anything right isn't fair to him OR the fans. He needs dropped until he finds his form because he shouldn't be near the team just now, hero or not.

Anyway, rant aside, the back 5 were super as usual. Millar and Lappin were also terrific, great engines. Going forward only really Graham played well and to be fair to him, in the last few weeks he's looking like a player I want to see here next season. He was good in the air, worked hard and scored a great goal. Kane also looked lively when he came on.

Spoony had a poor afternoon, nothing really went for him. Shame as I really like him as a player but perhaps needs dropped also.

The Dundee match report is as bitter as they come. Dundee dominated but the dreadful pitch stopped them getting the goals they deserved against a very poor Saints side.http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/fixtures-and-results/st-johnstone-vs-dundee-2

Not even going to read the link. But I thought Dundee did have the majority of the ball with hee haw attempts and hee haw pressure. Aye well played Dundee. A bumpy pitch right from kick off would have expected a professional team to adapt better than Dundee did. The wind was howling. And to be frank one moment of class split the game. Pretty boring at times with the game creating few chances. Love games like this when we don't play to the levels we know but we put our neighbours back in their place. I am not an admirer of Brian Graham but his effort is clear to be seen, and I'm warming to him. Great goal! Loved the skill by their keeper just before the goal, good to see Saints fans applauding it, hope it makes the highlights...

wasn't just the pitch, it was also the fatigue from a hard game on Wednesday according to Hartley on the Beeb, maybe his team are just no as good as he thinks.

Hope all the injuries not coming back to haunt Macca and we have seen the best of him, hope no, but him and Spoony should never have stayed on.

Anyway job done for top six, now Tommy open up and go for it, and we can catch the other coags for top four

I thought we did well considering we havnt been at it recently,our core of experienced older guys did well wright ,ando ,midge and cuptie all have the big game experience to see this out.Big Easton did well and that wind was pretty strong,we didn't create much but grinding out a result was the order of the day ...bg took his goal well and could have had another couple...Lappin was the stand out for me today...hope the split draw is kind to us...ie celtic at home Aberdeen at home and utd too.COYS

Edited by fergiefootball

At the start of the season, top 6 was the target and to be honest, it would have been a disappointing season if we hadn't! We have though and can now focus on finishing 4th

Has obviously been a bit of an anti-climax this season after tamely giving up the cup and despite being murder in a number of games this season, Tommy has met his objective!

Hopefully we are all over the "we are just a wee club"

Syndrome that we seem to have when things aren't going well! We should be expecting to finish in the top 6 and I think that's why this year it doesn't feel as big as an achievement as previous years + the negative tactics and football we've seen this season!

Today was a massive win, great to see Graham

Score again! :)

The Dundee match report is as bitter as they come. Dundee dominated but the dreadful pitch stopped them getting the goals they deserved against a very poor Saints side.

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/fixtures-and-results/st-johnstone-vs-dundee-2

He is right about the pitch though. It is a disgrace. We have spent more on that pitch over the last 3 seasons than we have on players & it just gets worse. This winter has not been too bad but it still a mess.

Its about time we got a decent groundsman as this guy seems to only know how to cut grass or does he.

Thought we were lucky to get the three points in that. How MacLean & Wotherspoon managed to avoid being subbed off was a mystery.

Well done, though. Top six is a good first

achievement for the season.

Exactly my thoughts.

Macca was at walking pace throughout, but was useful in the final 3 minutes of added on time, when shielding the ball at the East stand corner flag, running down the clock.

Spoony, despite his aims in the "Courier" this morning, had probably his worst game in a Saints strip. After doing something positive, would then pass to the opposition.

However, despite things not going his way, he kept trying to the end.

I would have taken Spoony off before M O 'H, to be fair didn't set the heather on fire, but was still full of running.

But, hey ho, its a team game and you win as a team or lose as a team and today we just had too many answers for the Scumdee.

Rejoice, celebrate, we are top six once again despite selling our top marksman AND having a reduced transfer kitty.

This can only leave you with a positive feeling.

Hasn't been easy or brilliant this season but got to bepleased we are once again in the top six.

C.O.Y.S.

Just watched highlights - on form/strikers goal from big Brian, he needs to be played every week, he has that hungry look about his movement from what was shown. 

Watching Dundee fans  :shock: --  hysterical -- anytime the ball's 10 feet wide - there they are with hands are on heads, standing, gesturing like it was soooo close.....optimistic rabble.

Top 6, a strong push for Europe.... should be a fun finish if we can start gelling like we did a year ago.

Just watched highlights - on form/strikers goal from big Brian, he needs to be played every week, he has that hungry look about his movement from what was shown.

Watching Dundee fans :shock: -- hysterical -- anytime the ball's 10 feet wide - there they are with hands are on heads, standing, gesturing like it was soooo close.....optimistic rabble.

Top 6, a strong push for Europe.... should be a fun finish if we can start gelling like we did a year ago.

It was the one that about hit the corner flag. They about soiled themselves with excitement! - Dont know if that's in the highlights that one as I've not seen them.

First of all great credit to Tommy and the lads. Secondly is Tommy ****ing mental? The worst subs In the history of football! How graham and mickey went off I'll never know. Wotherspoons worst performance in blue by a country mile and macca wasn't much netter. Surely Wright must be able to see this? Very worrying if he can't