Paul Paton

rik2304

I believe May, O'Neil and Davidson were all capped within less than a year of leaving Saints. In May and O'Neil's cases they were almost certainly playing better while being ignored at Saints than they were at their new clubs when they were picked.

Could Hartley be added to that list? I don't think anyone could dispute the "big club" bias. How May never managed a cap whilst playing for us is beyond me.

Just throwing this oot there..

Stevie May left Saints Aug 2014, gets full Scotland cap Nov 2014

John ONeil leaves June 2000, gets full cap April 2001

Paul Hartley leaves summer 2003, gets full cap 2005 (he was included amid Scotland squads prior to debut but only utilised as a training player,meaning there to make up numbers in practice games)

Callum Davidson buggers off Feb 98 making his Scotland debut within months of same year

So wee team conspiracy does come into play regarding May and Davidson

So wee team conspiracy does come into play regarding May and Davidson

Calling it a conspiracy makes it appear as if there's actually been some kind of thought and consideration put into these decisions, when it's actually just pure unashamed ignorance, which is flaunted in our face constantly with the lack of knowledge the people in power and with influence actually have of the most consistent and best performing teams in our top leagues.

And when it comes to the manger, once Strachan has gone then the Scotland job will almost certainly go to somebody like Lambert, Coyle, or big bad Malky the PR disaster. It's much more attractive for the SFA to pick a name that's been kicked into the sh!tter by a beige midtable English team than to look closer to home and appoint someone that's actually making waves in our own leagues. They'll get more headlines on Sky Sports News if the name's recognisable, and it'll also be cheaper to get an out of work 'big time' struggler than to actually put some money back into our own game by paying compensation for a Scottish league manager. Funny that.

It all boils down to our nation's very obvious little man syndrome, and desperate scrambles to be accepted and approved by the big boy media down south. Why else would the master of the soundbyte have been appointed after calamity Levein, because it sure as well wasn't because of his ability.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was editing the Hospital Radio commentary from the Motherwell game the other.  Although we didn't realise it at the time, in the 30 seconds before every Saints goal and every sending off we said something along the lines of "good play / ball / pass / work by Paton."  I watched him particularly yesterday against Patrick.  Bloody hell he gets through a power of work!

Edited by Hospital Radio Perth
Punctuation!

I was editing the Hospital Radio commentary from the Motherwell game the other.  Although we didn't realise it at the time, in the 30 seconds before every Saints goal and every sending off we said something along the lines of "good play / ball / pass / work by Paton."  I watched him particularly yesterday against Patrick.  Bloody hell he gets through a power of work!

Wasn't overly keen on him when he signed but biggest compliment you can pay him is we not missing midge been outstanding last few games 

I thought he was man of the match on Saturday. The work he does is not sexy and he can be a bit lethargic from time to time but he has been brilliant signing for us and with Muz and him in midfield we are solid.

Interesting, because not so very long ago the chat was all about how Muz and Pats together in the middle doesn't work