Saints v Ross County

Havana Saint

Not a good game but seen us much worse and win. We're obviously struggling to get anything going in attack, and miss options up there. Its where we're at right now.

To find positives, when you're on a losing streak the old cliché is go back to basics and be hard to beat. I thought we were mostly solid at the back, Clark, Ando, Comrie and Shaughnessy amongst out best performers. Thought Spoony came on and played with a sense of purpose and energy that has been missing for the past 5 or 6 matches, hopefully he brings that from the start on Saturday.

I think we deserved a shit fest 1-0 win.

Have to say that O'Halloran fiasco annoyed me. We played almost a quarter of the match with him at walking pace. He didn't make runs or track back, as he tried to walk off his injury. FOR TWENTY ****ING MINUTES. Sit down and get treatment ffs.  But what the f**k were the bench playing at? Get instructions to him to go down and the physio can make a judgement on whether he's likely to be able to recover.  He did burst into a run or two with the ball at his feet but immediately went back to the walking mode once possession was lost.

The ref actually held the game up for a Ross County player to tie his lace, so I don't think a bit of medical treatment would have been too much of an issue.

Agree about Scougall central. It's just never going to happen is it?  He's not a wide player. My worry is we just keep sticking him out there and he doesnt deliver too much, loses confidence as folk get on his back, and drifts out the team.  Stick him in the middle off the front player and he'll pick up the ball, link up with players around him, drive forward with it and win free kicks around the box. Basically, everything we're missing right now.

A point and a clean sheet.

We tried at times but our tempo was low. Easton is currently a shadow of the player he was. Challenging times.

Zander is far superior in dominating cross balls and Comrie should keep his place.

Saturday is looking like another nervous 90. Surely we can maybe find the net, But from who?

He was in the stand, Cleland was constantly running between him and the dugout. 

He must have wanted to see the game the fans see it.

That explains why it took 15 mins to sub O'Halloran who even before he got injured didn't look like he wanted to be there.

He must have wanted to see the game the fans see it.

That explains why it took 15 mins to sub O'Halloran who even before he got injured didn't look like he wanted to be there.

Unofficial Twitter suggesting he "had a fall" at Murrayfield on Saturday and maybe that's why. Hes getting old, I suppose. 

Unofficial Twitter suggesting he "had a fall" at Murrayfield on Saturday and maybe that's why. Hes getting old, I suppose. 

O'Halloran looked like his injury hadn't cleared 100% on Saturday... his obvious keenness to play did him no favours as everyone could see tonight. Of course he wants to be here?! Why would he want to still be at a place where he isn't wanted? We have given him an opportunity to get in the shop window... Everything was going according to plan until his injury at Dundee which is sad really.. the wheels have come off our bogey since then!!! 

COYS

I thought Saints played at the home of rugby on Saturday:roll: Ross County players will be getting called up with the amount of rugby tackles they performed tonight. Any chance of football was destroyed by their ‘break up play at all costs’ tactics and yet another set of inept officials.

I thought Saints played at the home of rugby on Saturday:roll: Ross County players will be getting called up with the amount of rugby tackles they performed tonight. Any chance of football was destroyed by their ‘break up play at all costs’ tactics and yet another set of inept officials.

I'm sorry but it was nothing to do with the officials or the opposition it was purely down to our absolute lack of urgency in attack or composure on the ball when we have it, the only guys who wanted to play football tonight were Comrie, Scougall and Shaughnessy. Anderson cant play a pass along the deck out from the back so opts to punt it long everytime to no one, Paton is total panic stations and takes about 4 touches before he has the ball under control its tragic

Plenty of effort. Not exciting and really wonder why Macca plays up top and we send high balls into him.  Really tough watch. We've seen better and know what we have done.  At the moment it's fkn brutal entertainment...  The early influx of goals this season has dried up as expected.

Joe, Comrie and Scougall played well... Need others to get back on form

Really poor game last night. The positives are we defended really well and Ando and Joe looked at their best and Comrie had his best game too.

Moving up the pitch is where it all went wrong. Ill never understand how such a limited player like Paul Paton can play at this level. He can't turn, has no pace, poor control and can kick only the way he's facing. Most of his passes are punts or long range. Yes he can tackle but you need someone who can do both and if you have Davidson in there you have a central midfield where neither can take a touch and pass it. Result? Brutal hoofball.

Now hoofball sometimes is fine if you have a dominant striker who can win knock ons and you get midfielders up to support him. Macca however doesn't win headers and certainly won't against the biggest team in the league. He's not at his best lately and doesn't deserve his place. The problem is the manager clearly doesn't rate Johnstone so that just leaves Cummins. He's playing well but badly needs a goal.

You can be critical of Spoony but at least hes brave on the ball, will take a touch and never punts it. Same with Scougall who had another good game. 

All in all we are getting back to being more solid but its not been pretty all season. The style of central midfielder we have and a lack of striking options is making this, in my opinion, our least entertaining season in many a year.

Broon has completely hit the nail on the head. We have two central midfielders that lack any sort of ability in keeping possession- in Paton's defence at least he looks for the ball at times. Davidson rarely helps out the defence by coming short or even freeing up some space. Several times last night he would be in a position to help the man in possession, but would move into a position that ruled out a pass. The prime Chris Millar covered much of Davidson's weaknesses and with Paton on the same side- they are clear to see. We know what he brings to the side, but unless we get a midfielder that likes to show for the ball when others around have limited options it will result in horrid football.

The result is punts up to Maclean who didn't win a header all night from what I can remember.

I thought we were dreadful last night. Its very very rare I come away from a game wishing I hadn't bothered, but last night I wish I had stayed in. The standard was very poor and I don't like the style of football on show. The defence did their job and I felt Scougall tried to play some football at times, but it's very hard when you've got limited options in central midfield looking for a pass, your full back is very rarely overlapping and your striker doesn't play on the last man (nor have the pace to do so).

I'd be very surprised to see us get top six this season.

Not a good game but seen us much worse and win. We're obviously struggling to get anything going in attack, and miss options up there. Its where we're at right now.

To find positives, when you're on a losing streak the old cliché is go back to basics and be hard to beat. I thought we were mostly solid at the back, Clark, Ando, Comrie and Shaughnessy amongst out best performers. Thought Spoony came on and played with a sense of purpose and energy that has been missing for the past 5 or 6 matches, hopefully he brings that from the start on Saturday.

I think we deserved a shit fest 1-0 win.

Have to say that O'Halloran fiasco annoyed me. We played almost a quarter of the match with him at walking pace. He didn't make runs or track back, as he tried to walk off his injury. FOR TWENTY ****ING MINUTES. Sit down and get treatment ffs.  But what the f**k were the bench playing at? Get instructions to him to go down and the physio can make a judgement on whether he's likely to be able to recover.  He did burst into a run or two with the ball at his feet but immediately went back to the walking mode once possession was lost.

The ref actually held the game up for a Ross County player to tie his lace, so I don't think a bit of medical treatment would have been too much of an issue.

Agree about Scougall central. It's just never going to happen is it?  He's not a wide player. My worry is we just keep sticking him out there and he doesnt deliver too much, loses confidence as folk get on his back, and drifts out the team.  Stick him in the middle off the front player and he'll pick up the ball, link up with players around him, drive forward with it and win free kicks around the box. Basically, everything we're missing right now.

TW told Calum to change Mickey probably about 20mins before the change took place, I think the time it took for the sub (Spooner) to get ready, Mickey had that run, (To be honest still looked like our most effective way of getting a goal) kept him on for those 20 mins.  Really pisses me off  these subs nowadays in that it take so long to get ready, need  complete strip change from warm up kit to playing kit some even need to put on their boots watched Gilchrist on Saturday when Gordon was injured he took as long as Gordon to get bandaged up to get ready.    

TW told Calum to change Mickey probably about 20mins before the change took place, I think the time it took for the sub (Spooner) to get ready, Mickey had that run, (To be honest still looked like our most effective way of getting a goal) kept him on for those 20 mins.  Really pisses me off  these subs nowadays in that it take so long to get ready, need  complete strip change from warm up kit to playing kit some even need to put on their boots watched Gilchrist on Saturday when Gordon was injured he took as long as Gordon to get bandaged up to get ready.    

Spoony was ready to come on but was told to put his bib back on. Don't know if O'Halloran looked like he would be OK. He was never OK right from the start& he certainly didn't look happy up front on his own with high balls getting pumped up to him. When Macca went up front the punts kept coming & Macca looked like he was ducking out of them rather than contesting them.