Player contracts and transfers

David123

Was mince first time round. L o l. 

What about Federico Macheda or Samed Yesil? 

Just know a couple injuries and we will be having Swanson as main striker. 

I'd say Coulson would be a striker ahead of Swanson.

Getting an injury or two up front might not be a bad thing, we always seem to look better with five in midfield, so being forced into that might improve things.

Guest ScottMann

If Stevie May is left with no choice but to come back to a Scottish club, even on loan, he can pretty much kiss goodbye to any hopes of a career down south.  Dropping down to a L1 club on loan would be a much better option for the guy.

I'd agree with you if he was simply just not getting a game for Preston but I think this is different. His need for the rest of this season will surely be just to get 100% match fit again with a view to hitting the ground running for Preston next season. I take it this'll take a while given his injury and time out so I'd think even the Scottish pub league would do for this exercise. 

I saw him a couple of times with Wednesday and he didn't look out of place at all which is probably why they were able to sell him for a profit. I don't get the negativity towards his English spell just because a new manager didn't fancy him. If he fully gets over this injury then I expect him to be in England for a few years yet.

If Stevie May is left with no choice but to come back to a Scottish club, even on loan, he can pretty much kiss goodbye to any hopes of a career down south.  Dropping down to a L1 club on loan would be a much better option for the guy.

What  lot of bollocks. If PNE were willing to put Stevie on loan to build fitness and get game time to be eventually ready for next season. Then where else would he be given the grace  do so? Add in he'd be beside his family then it's a no brainer. Whether that would benefit Saints is a totally different matter.

A bit from the man himself, he seems to be close to getting some game time, even if development level stuff, 

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/stevie-may-s-exclusive-column-1-8204863

really pleased to read that. Sounds like the boy is slowly on the mend and looking forward to getting back to it

A bit from the man himself, he seems to be close to getting some game time, even if development level stuff, 

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/stevie-may-s-exclusive-column-1-8204863

I love the fact Stevie is so open and honest about his situation. He knows how bad an injury he had but shows how hard working and professional he is. 

Given half the chance if we could get him in January to aid his recovery it would be fantastic but I doubt we could afford and/or broker a deal. 

Where's all these contacts? Anyone got Jodys number?? Get some of those Chelsea starlets  haha

Lots of strikers still looking for clubs at the moment... long list of them here: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=Sturm&spielerposition_id=14&land_id=alle&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

I reckon it's time to lure Miroslav Klose out of retirement to line up alongside Berbatov. With Michael Higdon on the bench.

Sad to see Michel Platini reduced to being on a list like this whilst lying about his age and nationality.  

The king of Spain on trail at York city hope he gets a contract should of been still been at saints way better than Craig in my opinion

Was thinking about starting a thread I feel we have lost an option with him going.  However was there any fitness concerns and is that the reason we let him go?  Or was there something else? I know he was a bit of a marmite player as far as the fans were concern but with Muzz and midges fitness issues we could have done with keeping him as an option.

Don't think anyone has suggested anything close to that, at their best Craig was undoubtly the better player but don't seen a lot from Craig this year. I would have kept lappin out of the two. We have struggled in final third at times this season who knows a couple of lappin deliveries may have made the difference in a couple of these games! 

Lappin to achieve mythical status, similar to Dunne, now he's left. 

He had decent set piece delivery but was mostly average.

Dunne deserves all the plaudits he gets. He was fantastic in alongside Millar and gave us another passing option that helped us win our first trophy- in fact I believe he played a huge part in our success that season and would take him back in a shot. Dare I say it I prefer him to Davidson as an all rounder. I've never heard anyone call him a legend, but he deserves the plaudits he gets for his time here.

Edited by SlickDT

• 3 weeks later...