St.Johnstone V HIbernian - League Cup semi Final Saturday 23rd Jan

SaintJet

22 hours ago, south inch said:

You must have been in the posh seats at the 2014 Cup Final at Celtic Park.  We were in the upper tier of the North Stand and had to stop for oxygen and refreshments at a sort of base camp halfway up.  Great view though when we got there!

Was actually in the armchair hospitality seats at Celtic. Meal before the match and free Bovril and  pies at half time etc. 

10 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Doing my utmost to keep up the cup semi vibe going - please feel free to join in.

I recall the semi final against Hibs in 2016 played at Tynecastle.  Again it was Baltic! Spent the pre game in the Roseburn bar - what a braw bar! Great support from Saints crammed in to the Roseburn stand after a lot of contoversey about ticket allocation- we were stiched up as usual.

Nothing between the sides in the first half - diving wee git Henderson bought a pen for HIbs before Joe levelled near half time. Sadly we didn't show for the second half and John McGinn won it for HIbs late on.

Another semi to chalk down to experience!

Michael o halloran had his head up his arse and shouldn’t have being playing.all he could think of was sevco.

Braw day oot on the chooch despite the football..

On 1/19/2021 at 6:00 PM, THE LARK SAINT said:

I've been to all the Semi-Finals Saints have been in including 2 Challenge Cup ties bar 1969

Mostly disappointed has been on the menu 

The 3.0 defeat from Motherwell was horrible  but for me the worst day was the 4.0 humping from Aberdeen in a cold horrible day in Edinburgh 

The 2.1 defeat from Dundee Utd at East end was a let down and my memories of Semi-Finals are in general not happy occasions 

Despite that I have good vibes for Saturday as we are in decent form and along with Melhemed and Kane starting to look like a partnership .Its extremely frustrating that this will be the first  tie I will not be at(Deemed to young for 69by my parents) I personally can't see  why they couldn't have put the Semi Final and final back until the spring,but it is what it is and I'll be cheering the team on from my arm chair .Like others have said its hard to get excited about this due to the normal build up .

All the semi finals ? You must be really old.

We’ve turned the corner in terms of results, if not performances, so it is paramount that Callum sticks with either the Dundee United or St.Mirren line up/players.

Clark

Kerr      Gordon    McCart

Rooney                                                    Booth

Wotherspoon  Davidson   Craig

Melamed   Kane 

Bryson out and give Booth the nod over Tanser to cope with Boyle. Resist the temptation to bring May back in for Melamed. Harsh on McCann but we are a better side with Liam Craig starting, Wotherspoon is arguably player of the year so far. Toss up between McCann and Davidson for final spot.

Relented and paid the £12.99, but can be cancelled at anytime. Actually no a bad price when you compare to PPV, however given the recent abilities to stream by clubs and the good quality, I cannot help feel that SPFL/SFA must be able to take this kind of thing in house at the end if the current contract.

Would imagine if you could sell a Scottish cup subscription for say £20, you'd get loads of fans signing up.

I know SPFL tv has been mooted for years  but the reality is with all the club TV's etc, it is already pretty much there.

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I should have made it clear missed 69 and all before that

Only meant after 69

I am sure @slfwill tell us young ones what the semi finals pre 69 were like :razz: Ps I was 4 at the time not sure about the semi final but I was at the final at Hampden that year though. 

Edited by mainstand

10 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

We’ve turned the corner in terms of results, if not performances, so it is paramount that Callum sticks with either the Dundee United or St.Mirren line up/players.

Clark

Kerr      Gordon    McCart

Rooney                                                    Booth

Wotherspoon  Davidson   Craig

Melamed   Kane 

Bryson out and give Booth the nod over Tanser to cope with Boyle. Resist the temptation to bring May back in for Melamed. Harsh on McCann but we are a better side with Liam Craig starting, Wotherspoon is arguably player of the year so far. Toss up between McCann and Davidson for final spot.

Can you really leave out our only £2 mill player

When we played Hibs away (2v2) we played 3:4:1:2, I suspect he will play the same again with Rooney Wotherspoon and Kane replacing McNamara O'Halloran and May.

Clark

Kerr            Gordon        McCart

Rooney        McCann        Craig             Tanser

Wotherspoon

Melamed                Kane 

Edited by Johnny B

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

ITK guy on p & B says there is changes.

Unless there are injuries or we have signed a fantastic player I can't see why there would be changes.

Hope Callum isn't over thinking things.

There will be a change Bryson out. If it is plural "changes" the other could be Tanser

1 minute ago, Johnny B said:

There will be a change Bryson out. If it is plural "changes" the other could be Tanser

The ITK poster is suggesting that they are changes which have ruined his excitement for the game, so I fear that they aren’t minor things like this. I worry that Callum will revert to his favourite 5-2-3 formation and sacrifice the Kane-Melamed partnership to do so.