The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

It'll be interesting to see if Mitchell is any better than Muller, who we had on loan from the same club last season (and who personally I thought was OK), but was sent back for apparently not being good enough. If he's no better, then what's the point?

I make it that gives us a squad of 32 players (plus Eetu), and yet we still haven't signed a CDM or centre-forward. Seven of those players (Brown, Cleary, Gordon, Mahon, McGowan, Considine, Mitchell) are capable of playing somewhere in the back three. Eight if you count Booth being able to do a turn at LCB if absolutely necessary.

The imbalance in our squad right now is just bizarre. It might help if we got some sort of insight into the manager's thinking when we signed these players, but they just get chucked into the squad one after another and for me that's adding to the pressure and criticism Davidson is facing. Is someone leaving? Is Gordon's injury more serious than we'd thought? Are we even trying to sign a striker? Who knows.

Would we not have been far better off investing the same amount of money in a smaller number of higher quality players??

24 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

He isn't finished filling the squad yet either: “It’s important we get one or two more in because we lost 12 or 13 players from last season and we’ve also got some injuries,” he said.

Anyone remember how many players we had when Tommy Wright was told he wasn't allowed to sign anyone? I have the number 21 in my head but not sure. At the moment we have 31, and a manager who says he still needs more. 

2 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

"Family reasons"?  Hmm.

Melamed, Eetu, Cleary.  Someone, somewhere is toxic...

Ot the boy has some family reasons that he has had to leave for. 

Can't class him in the same category as etu etc as the boy played a full game on Saturday even despite his sending off a couple of weeks ago 

Edited by mainstand

16 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Anyone remember how many players we had when Tommy Wright was told he wasn't allowed to sign anyone? I have the number 21 in my head but not sure. At the moment we have 31, and a manager who says he still needs more. 

I counted it 34 after we signed the keeper but that includes Sanford plus I think Wills will be loaned and maybe a few others.

5 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Ot the boy has some family reasons that he has had to leave for. 

Can't class him in the same category as etu etc as the boy played a full game on Saturday even despite his sending off a couple of weeks ago 

Let's look at this dispassionately.  Say you have a family issue.  Do you say to your work:

a) I have family issues, can you work with me until these are resolved please?  You gave me a 2 year contract after all and I'd like to work with you positively until such time as I can give 100% again

a) I have family issues, I'm off, bye.

This is a manager who has presided over the departure and apparent "freezing out" of players since he's been here.  There are reports from all over that he's somewhat "inflexible" as a person.  This has been sudden, there's no further explanation, he's simply gone out and replaced him.  Believe what you like, but from where I'm stitting, I smell s***e

11 minutes ago, HertsAgain said:

Let's look at this dispassionately.  Say you have a family issue.  Do you say to your work:

a) I have family issues, can you work with me until these are resolved please?  You gave me a 2 year contract after all and I'd like to work with you positively until such time as I can give 100% again

This is a manager who has presided over the departure and apparent "freezing out" of players since he's been here.  There are reports from all over that he's somewhat "inflexible" as a person.  This has been sudden, there's no further explanation, he's simply gone out and replaced him.  Believe what you like, but from where I'm stitting, I smell s***e

Me too

3 hours ago, HertsAgain said:

i am not as cynical as you obviously. 

The guy has a young family i will believe that he has a desire to return home for that, and good luck to him if that is the case.  

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

i am not as cynical as you obviously. 

The guy has a young family i will believe that he has a desire to return home for that, and good luck to him if that is the case.  

Seems odd that as a footballer, you wouldn’t bring your family with you on a multi year deal. 

Generally that is how the business works. I assumed someone was maybe ill. 

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

You know Davidson is desperate when he calls on his pal to loan him a player. Pity they don't have a spare striker that's any good.

You are like a very small annoying dog keeping on chewing at a big bone. :shock:

The same contacts came up trumps with McNamara and Brown.

Edited by mainstand