St Johnstone vs Aberdeen - 20/8/2022

Aitchy

This inability to score will see us down. Every game we are at the mercy of a single wonder strike or poor decision. Most other teams would have drawn today.

Defence seems OK but that won't be enough.

Also concerning that Davidson sees Bair and May as similar players. Surely they tactics should change when May inevitably comes on as they have different attributes but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I've nearly always been positive about Saints but something has to change in the coaching, the recruitment and the tactics. This group of players cannot play this system.

And I'm sorry Davidson has lost the right to have time to "get it right". He's got 3 more games to get some results or someone else gets a go.

Bit gauling that Wright never got close to this budget Davidson has been given, imagine the 2014-2015 season with this level of investment.

Thought it at the time that May’s goal against Motherwell was like putting a temporary plaster on Davisson’s tenure.  We were back to our frustrating pedestrian style play again today, inviting pressure on to us where something inevitably gives.  

I desperately want to see Bair doing well but can we really afford to keep persevering with a player that just doesn’t look like he has the attributes needed.  He doesn’t make a nuisance of himself, doesn’t get into good positions and for a big guy is poor with his head! 

Back on Davidson, he should have made a change prior to the goal as Aberdeen as they were starting to over-run us   He’s just tactically clueless.  I have absolutely no faith that he’s got the ability to change things,.  I’m tired of leaving games feeling robbed of entertainment.

Totally gutless performance. And for all we can slag off CD for tactics etc too many players let themselves down today. Hallberg poor in the middle, Carey took too many touches, Bair vv poor up front. 

Only pluses for me were Phillips and Wee Max the latter at least trying to make an impact. And as for MOH he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team again 

Defensively I thought we were quite good. Aberdeen only really had one chance in the second half that they really should have scored.

Going forward....it isn't a surprise to see us struggle. We will sign someone up front before the end of the window, no way are we just going with Bair and the cameo from May.

Fookin honking. 

352 works when the players can play in it but we don't have players that can do ad they are not disciplined enough.

The back 3 are actually good as a 3 and Phillips looks like he has a player in him.

We need a striker who can score... you know a goal.

As a team we are not disciplined in shape or temperament and I think the temperament comes from the bench as every time I look at Macca he is moaning like ****.

Time to ship O'Hallaren to the football scrap heap 

All in all get Callum gone now and give someone else the reigns 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

Invite pressure and treat Aberdeen like they’re Celtic and it’ll happen 

We treat every team like they are Celtic. Playing at home and playing for a 0-0 draw.

Negative stuff. Why pass forward when it's an easier option to pass the ball back and try and keep possession.. seems to be the tactic.

One shot on goal against a defence that lost 3 goals to Motherwell last week and gets slated by the critics.

I can't see anything changing under this management team.

Back 5 that very rarely became a back 3.

A midfield that sits too deep and strikers that get no support.

Carey is pish and Halberg gets slower and more chicken hearted every game.