New Owners

Shibbydoo

19 hours ago, Dooj said:

Would have thought the budget that Macca has available will be pretty clear. Given that Saints never spend outwith their means, the player budget will essentially be the same as any other year, given that there is no specific reason to think that revenue is going to increase or decrease dramatically. Although, having said that, I can see a scenario where Macca has been promised a small increase in budget as part of him agreeing to take the job. I would be hugely surprised if any new owners were able to come in with the kind of speed that would be required to have any impact on this summer's transfer window.

I'll be pretty surprised if there's any sort of increase in budget this season. Think the club have already made noises about having to cut back (and that's probably one of the reasons Macca has been given this chance, in all honesty). Davidson was operating with a huge, bloated squad, having squandered a bigger budget than any Saints manager I can remember, and the club will be wanting to pull things back to something closer to normality now.

My worry for this season is Macca could be arriving into a similar situation John Connolly did, trying to pick up the pieces from a predecessor who'd spent a lot of money and failed, inheriting a mess of a squad, and having to try to hit the ground running at a point where the club is tightening its belt and doesn't want to spend money.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'll be pretty surprised if there's any sort of increase in budget this season. Think the club have already made noises about having to cut back (and that's probably one of the reasons Macca has been given this chance, in all honesty). Davidson was operating with a huge, bloated squad, having squandered a bigger budget than any Saints manager I can remember, and the club will be wanting to pull things back to something closer to normality now.

My worry for this season is Macca could be arriving into a similar situation John Connolly did, trying to pick up the pieces from a predecessor who'd spent a lot of money and failed, inheriting a mess of a squad, and having to try to hit the ground running at a point where the club is tightening its belt and doesn't want to spend money.

I guess Spoony and MoH would of been on decent coin so a saving there, but the payout to CD might wipe out plenty of £’s.

We don’t seem to be named as in for any players as yet speculation or legit.

I remember the good old hunt for the striker on the temple of saints website, sone of the names on there were brilliant, we seem to be linked with nothing at present 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2023 at 7:23 PM, Saintdunc said:

Apparently Stomzy and Wilfred Zaha have just been declared the new owners of the mighty AFC Croydon of the 9th tier in England. 

Any news on our sale? 

That club is tinged with a corrupt past..... think Gretna mixed with The The!

On 6/15/2023 at 10:29 PM, Melbourne Saint said:

Elon Musk is reported to be interested... McD will be transformed into his new Space X launchpad. Only at halftime. After his sports car in orbit for imperpuity, it makes absolute sense to fire a few John Deere tractors into orbit. Maybe Mars...

Certainly full of space cadets 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

theres a few rich wild men i know from work over here that follow the wrexham story and now tom brady /birmingham city. If we get deperate, they would be two whiskys deep for a yes..... but Id get banned from WAP when they show up. Some people have this kind of money as a plaything, crazy as it sounds and it doesnt take much to get the bug.

Wonder how our consultant is doing? English fella....

Is it just me, but wouldnt we expect just some communication around whats possibly the biggest change for our club in decades.

This is the biggest news story off the field since we moved from Muirton to McD I believe.

Geoff stepping down was always bound to happen, but getting potentially new owners is a bloody nightmare or the second biggest miracle known to man depending on what side of the fence you sit.

ps nothing religious here, the biggest miracle was our double haha

7 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Is it just me, but wouldnt we expect just some communication around whats possibly the biggest change for our club in decades.

To be honest, no I wouldn't. From a completely nosey perspective I'd love to know the ins and outs of the conversations that have been had so far and who they've been with, but stuff like that is always confidential so there will be very little that can actually be said. I think they've probably already told as much as they realistically can.

On 8/31/2023 at 7:56 AM, Templar Saint said:

Not that I am aware of however should I win the £91 millions on Friday's Euromillions I will consider making an offer.

You have to be a brave man to do that, putting up wie all us greeting faced bar stewards on WAP😬

4 minutes ago, john.w said:

You have to be a brave man to do that, putting up wie all us greeting faced bar stewards on WAP😬

That would not be a problem.........I would just ignore the lot of you or tell you if your no happy buy me out for an inflated price - or zip it.😇.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Check out new owners on Company House..............good luck with that Livi!!

Looks like is associated with 13 companies , 4or 5 of them dissolved.

I am sure Livi will have done their due diligence. Not one of the American investors they were talking about earlier.

This looks a bit iffy.