Stevie May

rik2304

Well this should put all the moaning about contracts to the side. The club have tried to get him on a longer deal and he's opted for the season.

No doubt this is him leaving options open should he not get first team footy next season. Now its up to the club to give him the game time to prove himself and for May to show that he's worth the hype he gets on here!

The one year option also suits him if he is successful. Can move on for nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he can not move on for nothing till he is 24, i thought that was the thing with Muzz wait untill there was no compensation to compromise where he goes. i may be wrong here.? 

Rather him than Vine in that position and maclean is key to how saints play so unless Lomas goes and saints change from 4-3-3 then he will not play up front

...I agree with you but I don't think he,l take Vines place in the team,Lomas signed Vine and will want hisv own players in the team ,I think stevie boy will be used as an impact sub for Vine but wont be on from the start.

...I agree with you but I don't think he,l take Vines place in the team,Lomas signed Vine and will want hisv own players in the team ,I think stevie boy will be used as an impact sub for Vine but wont be on from the start.

Where does that leave Hasselbank?? possibly him and Tade still to fit into the equation. I some how doubt if Vine will be back  here.

Really pleased with this news, and also very pleased to read the comments from the Steves about May and Caddis looking to review the situation with first team success.

Looks like they have both declined the two year deals to stake their claim on a starting place. Give us a chance and we'll repay you with a longer contract agreement sort of arrangement. I reckon both players have earned a shot at SPL football. Caddis in particular has looked at home when he's come on this season, and I hope May has improved as much as his goal tally suggests.

Imagine what we'd be like with a 20 + goal man up front. 2nd place anyone?

Excited for the new season now.

This might be controversial, and I like Vine a lot, but if budgets are to be cut, I'd rather we let him go and gave Nigel his shot too. I think with a run of games he could be a big player this year. His effort levels have really come on in terms if tracking back and pressing the opposition. I would like to see a combination of Caddis, May, MacLean and Nigel in an attacking sense. With Tade too, I think we have one too many attacking players now, and Vine seems to have become the most dispensable.

Really pleased with this news, and also very pleased to read the comments from the Steves about May and Caddis looking to review the situation with first team success.

Looks like they have both declined the two year deals to stake their claim on a starting place. Give us a chance and we'll repay you with a longer contract agreement sort of arrangement. I reckon both players have earned a shot at SPL football. Caddis in particular has looked at home when he's come on this season, and I hope May has improved as much as his goal tally suggests.

Imagine what we'd be like with a 20 + goal man up front. 2nd place anyone?

Excited for the new season now.

This might be controversial, and I like Vine a lot, but if budgets are to be cut, I'd rather we let him go and gave Nigel his shot too. I think with a run of games he could be a big player this year. His effort levels have really come on in terms if tracking back and pressing the opposition. I would like to see a combination of Caddis, May, MacLean and Nigel in an attacking sense. With Tade too, I think we have one too many attacking players now, and Vine seems to have become the most dispensable.

I don't have the stats, but I reckon Vine might hav started more than Tade last term. He's by far and away the better footballer of the two an far more likely to score a goal or create one as well. If I had to pick one it would be Tade saying bye bye.

Vine's career had stalled until he came north of the border and has done fairly well getting pretty regular startsand game time. He is worth persevering with and I cannot see that he demands that great a wage as we resued his career which had mainly been one of being farmed out on loan. I cannot see Steve May getting in the starting line up.

I don't have the stats, but I reckon Vine might hav started more than Tade last term. He's by far and away the better footballer of the two an far more likely to score a goal or create one as well. If I had to pick one it would be Tade saying bye bye.

Is Tade not signed for next season? If not then I would agree. I had it in my head that Tade and Nigel were here until 2014. I think both of them is excessive, and would just prove that May is still a bench warmer.

Pish , Give me a Saints team of of Tade"s any day of the week .The man plays for the jersey and deserves his starts.

Pish , Give me a Saints team of of Tade"s any day of the week .The man plays for the jersey and deserves his starts.

Care to elaborate on what is "pish" about my post? Vine scored more goals last season (7 in the league to Tade's 4, from roughly the same appearances). Tade is a limited player who causes problems with his work rate and physicality. You can't possibly argue that he's a more talented player than Vine, who actually has some guile and finishing ability. Part of the problem with Scottish football right through the levels is the preference for big hard workers over actual talented footballers who can do more than just barrel their way to goal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dead against Tade and I love watching him run roughshod over big centre halves, but lets not pretend he's more than he is. He's long had a reputation for missing easy chances and proved that again this season.

Where does that leave Hasselbank?? possibly him and Tade still to fit into the equation. I some how doubt if Vine will be back  here.

Well if you look at it appearances wise Vine played a lot of games last season so obviously Lomas likes him and mostly from the start...he may well [if he resigns] play Vine further back ie in liams position[ cos as yet we havnt replaced liam] and let nige and stevie to compete for the other place ...got to remember they are still young and its asking a lot for them to do it week in,week out for 90 mins. imo although I love nigel im still not sure if he can last a whole game.

Care to elaborate on what is "pish" about my post? Vine scored more goals last season (7 in the league to Tade's 4, from roughly the same appearances). Tade is a limited player who causes problems with his work rate and physicality. You can't possibly argue that he's a more talented player than Vine, who actually has some guile and finishing ability. Part of the problem with Scottish football right through the levels is the preference for big hard workers over actual talented footballers who can do more than just barrel their way to goal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dead against Tade and I love watching him run roughshod over big centre halves, but lets not pretend he's more than he is. He's long had a reputation for missing easy chances and proved that again this season.

Vine is a more cultured, composed player but you do need abit of presense which tade gives.

Well if you look at it appearances wise Vine played a lot of games last season so obviously Lomas likes him and mostly from the start...he may well [if he resigns] play Vine further back ie in liams position[ cos as yet we havnt replaced liam] and let nige and stevie to compete for the other place ...got to remember they are still young and its asking a lot for them to do it week in,week out for 90 mins. imo although I love nigel im still not sure if he can last a whole game.

Why would he play Vine in central midfield. That's a completely bizarre thing to suggest. Plus we will have cover in there for the seasons start.

Your probably right with all your saying , I just had the "Tade love" beer goggles on last night