Celtic - St Johnstone 25/1/17

Ali91

Aye well played first half and a great laugh at the totally paranoid commentators who seem to think that all Saints players are "bad boys " for kicking anybody in the sacred hoops. Erse's.

It was funny hearing their gibberish.! but still only a parody of the other halfs. "Its his first taste of Ibrox Grass! PMSL.!

Could have warranted a draw for effort. Danny hitting the post was unlucky. They kicked our ar$e in second half with possession but without any real threat.  Pinned in and dogged defending... quite a tiring watch, hope the players fully recover for the weekend after 45 minutes of chasing ball and men.

I must admit the opposition is probably the best I've seen for a while.  Really hope some team can beat them this season... ie us in a few weeks time!

We can hold our heads high and march on to the next game.

It was funny hearing their gibberish.! but still only a parody of the other halfs. "Its his first taste of Ibrox Grass! PMSL.!

Pair of schoolboy jokers.stjohnstone commit bad fouls however selltic never do as they always challenge.fuqing biased clowns.

Brilliant effort from the players last night and unlucky not to come away with a point, At the time thought it was a clear penalty on ando haven't seen it back yet though. Have to admit at times the way they keep the ball and knock it around with sharp one twos really is a joy to watch, Special mention to Keith Watson was a little hesitant knowing he'd be starting last night having looked a little off the pace on Saturday but I thought he was absolutely excellent! Ando was also brilliant dealt with their 20 million pound man comfortably just a shame he lost Boyata for their goal, If we show the same hunger and desire on Saturday against accies I can't see them being able to cope with us.

Ando definitely isn't the best at defending corners.  Problem is he gets into a tussle and then pushed off and he then can't get close enough to his man. He's a brilliant defender with direct balls, stepping in, clearing his lines etc but he has one weakness. The problem with our team in general  though is we are quite small. Celtic have 5 or 6 giants in there so it's always going to be difficult.  

For these games you almost need a big Duberry or Kevin James. 

Decent performance. 1st half we were right in their faces and got plenty of good chances. Even the Septic commentary gave saints a compliment for not sitting in at full time. They battered us second half. Needed to just keep the ball better. Gave it away far too cheaply. Would of been a good point but hopefully can take confidence into the next game and grab the 3 points. COYS!!!!

... If we show the same hunger and desire on Saturday against accies I can't see them being able to cope with us.

... and therein might lie a problem. We seem to fare better against the top six teams than those in the bottom half.

If we hadn't lost so many points to bottom/lower placed clubs we would be challenging Aberdeen and Sevco for second place.

Will be Interesting to see if the same commitment is forthcoming at the week end.

Decent performance. 1st half we were right in their faces and got plenty of good chances. Even the Septic commentary gave saints a compliment for not sitting in at full time. They battered us second half. Needed to just keep the ball better. Gave it away far too cheaply. Would of been a good point but hopefully can take confidence into the next game and grab the 3 points. COYS!!!!

What happened in the second half. Did we change from tactics or formation which was successful in first half.

What happened in the second half. Did we change from tactics or formation which was successful in first half.

No change in formation or tactics for us until late in the second half, we just couldn't hold onto the ball for longer than 10 seconds. I also think they came out for the second half and shifted up a gear as well they really had us pinned in. Whenever we won the ball back we'd panic and just aimlessly punt it long gifting them possession straight back their centre backs spent most of the second half sitting on the half way line. When Macca and Zippy came on there was a slight change in things for 5 minutes or so, we had a bit of pressure and a couple of corners but they saw the game out well.

As a Saints fan this doesn't really bother me over much ........but in the run up and in the aftermath of last night's match v Celtic you could not fail to hear mention of the Lisbon Lions and the present day Septic team matching their domestic record of consecutive unbeaten games. Now, correct me if I am wrong but are the "Lisbon Lions" not a one match team, ie the (reluctantly but admittedly)  magnificent Celtic team who became the first British club to win the European Cup.

Ando definitely isn't the best at defending corners.  Problem is he gets into a tussle and then pushed off and he then can't get close enough to his man. He's a brilliant defender with direct balls, stepping in, clearing his lines etc but he has one weakness. The problem with our team in general  though is we are quite small. Celtic have 5 or 6 giants in there so it's always going to be difficult.  

For these games you almost need a big Duberry or Kevin James. 

Always thought that Zonal marking is nonsense but in Andos case a similar type starting position but man marking instead of zonal, meaning he doesn't get involved in these tussles, and also players don't get away from him

As a Saints fan this doesn't really bother me over much ........but in the run up and in the aftermath of last night's match v Celtic you could not fail to hear mention of the Lisbon Lions and the present day Septic team matching their domestic record of consecutive unbeaten games. Now, correct me if I am wrong but are the "Lisbon Lions" not a one match team, ie the (reluctantly but admittedly)  magnificent Celtic team who became the first British club to win the European Cup.

Hardly. To be fair they won every trophy they played for that season, and I think you'll find they played the whole season with only 13 or 14 players, and all of them were born within 10 miles or so from Celtic Park.

Or something like that

The Lisbon Lions were superb. I find it very hard to support Celtic now, even if it helps Saints (co-efficient etc) but that Celtic team were sensational.

Agreed, what with the Green Brigade etc. the current lot are just as bad as the Ayebroke mob.  However, I saw the 1967 final again recently on TV and even although it was black and white and Keystone Cops standard filming I was astounded at how good the Celtic team was.  Scottish football is not what it was.

Hardly. To be fair they won every trophy they played for that season, and I think you'll find they played the whole season with only 13 or 14 players, and all of them were born within 10 miles or so from Celtic Park.

Or something like that

My point was that the media seem to class any Celtic team of the mid to late 60's as the Lisbon Lions the inclusion of "Lisbon" in that indicates to me one match. But I do accept that the whole squad that played that season deserve recognition for their  achievments.

I think you will find that the Lisbon lions stayed together for a number of years.