St.Johnstone V Dundee Utd. Saturday 5th Feb

SaintJet

Back on home turf and we welcome our neighbours from Dundee Utd. to Perth hoping we can finally give the home support something to shout about.

It's been far too long we left McDairmid with a win under our belts.

Expect to see some new faces starting but Hendry leads the line hopefully with our new Canadian star.

We need to be real careful; we haven't achieved anything yet but we cant afford a lose to the Terrors.

2 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Back on home turf and we welcome our neighbours from Dundee Utd. to Perth hoping we can finally give the home support something to shout about.

Expect to see some new faces starting but Hendry leads the line hopefully with our new Canadian star.

We need to be real careful; we haven't achieved anything yet but we cant afford a lose to the Terrors.

Too right chief.

in aboot them

3 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Is Bair cleared to play? I thought we might be in for a wait to get his paperwork sorted out (and wondered if that may have been the reason for signing Hector-Ingram).

I think we'll see a similar line-up to last night, although perhaps Sang might come in for Brown.

Ali Crawford was pish for 92 minutes against Livingston, totally anonymous - make sure he is nowhere near the starting 11. Total shitebag of a player.*

*Ali Crawford is a match winner, scored last time we played United aswell, so he is the first name on the team sheet for me!! C’mon Ali!!!

There we go, that should cover it :laugh:

Quite excited about a game for the first time in what feels like ages.

Definitely be tempted to put Sang in for Brown and Bair in for May.

If they are both as good as they are claimed to be that could be quite a team.

Too positive, too soon?

5-0 Saints :D

Edited by Shibbydoo

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Is Bair cleared to play? I thought we might be in for a wait to get his paperwork sorted out (and wondered if that may have been the reason for signing Hector-Ingram).

I think we'll see a similar line-up to last night, although perhaps Sang might come in for Brown.

Everyone reporting Bair would be able to play against United if he's fit.

I worry Hector-Ingram was signed because Kane is injured? His absence from the squad yesterday unlikely through choice I'd have thought.

1 hour ago, Saintdunc said:

Let the Bair loose but maybe too early for (a) Sang. We will be singing soon though. Mahon should start as well.

If Gordon is suspended you'd expect Mahon to come in - from what I saw at Livi no worries on that score. Not sure when Bair arrived but he'll have 2-3 training sessions under his belt and saw Saints last night so hopefully knows what to expect.  Assuming the paperworks done I'd expect him to at least be on the bench

2 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

If Gordon is suspended you'd expect Mahon to come in - from what I saw at Livi no worries on that score. Not sure when Bair arrived but he'll have 2-3 training sessions under his belt and saw Saints last night so hopefully knows what to expect.  Assuming the paperworks done I'd expect him to at least be on the bench

Bair was at the game last night in the crowd 

11 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Terrors! not heard that nickname for a while. Reminds me of early 1980s panini sticker albums when they had extra stickers with things like that on them. 

I don't expect many changes to starting 11 if at all. Not many managers would change a winning team too much, but CD has history of making 3 or 4 changes so who knows?

With 5 subs changes can be made if required during game

The defence picks its self, Hendry and May deserve another start  and we now  have options to make changes required 

11 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

The SFA disciplinary update as at 20 January does not have him suspended. 

11 hours ago, Rob said:

Terrors! not heard that nickname for a while. Reminds me of early 1980s panini sticker albums when they had extra stickers with things like that on them. 

To be honest I like to use that nickname out of respect for our resident Arab - Smary Arab. Utd havent terrorised anyone in a long while but they still have their history.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

To be honest I like to use that nickname out of respect for our resident Arab - Smary Arab. Utd havent terrorised anyone in a long while but they still have their history.

Thanks Jet, appreciate that!

You are actually correct with your post , the Team are ‘the Terrors’, the fans are ‘the Arabs’.  Like ‘Jambos’ are fans, ‘jam tarts’ are the team. 

is the Arab end sold out?  I can’t get through to buy tickets on he website…

11 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Thanks Jet, appreciate that!

You are actually correct with your post , the Team are ‘the Terrors’, the fans are ‘the Arabs’.  Like ‘Jambos’ are fans, ‘jam tarts’ are the team. 

is the Arab end sold out?  I can’t get through to buy tickets on he website…

No idea how away fans are meant to buy tickets. Cant see it on your website. Cant imagine away end sold out. Doesnt look like Ormond is open for home fans. I presume you maybe have to buy tickets at Tannadice. This is the kind of game that should be pay at the gate. I'll tweet our SLO and find out if pay at the gate.

10 hours ago, Rob said:

No idea how away fans are meant to buy tickets. Cant see it on your website. Cant imagine away end sold out. Doesnt look like Ormond is open for home fans. I presume you maybe have to buy tickets at Tannadice. This is the kind of game that should be pay at the gate. I'll tweet our SLO and find out if pay at the gate.

I really can't see why this game would be pay at the gate when no other games this season have been. Pay at the gate is dead, I really don't think it will be back. You can't have a system where some people are booking seats online and others are paying at the gate and wandering into the stand without knowing where to sit.

@Smarmy Arab - away tickets are on sale here (I just had a look and there are still some empty seats available to purchase): https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7182/ST-JOHNSTONE-AWAY-TICKETS-NOW-ON-SALE.html