Thoughts on Season Ahead?

Radford 72

1 hour ago, montrosesaintee said:

Not a chance, I really think we are a player or two.... and a manager.... away from being way better than 11th.  Taking that deal would mean no chance of Callum going.  If we finish 11th this year and Callum is still here, then we'll be even worse the year after.

⏏️

When the first quarter in is in look at the table, till then be optimistic…. it feels better!  CD will have learned a lot last season, more than the previous season that’s for sure!  Still 4 weeks of transfer window to go and plenty of time to pick up some gems when options for players narrow.  

Good luck my friends, as ever I’m rooting for you every game, well every game apart from 4! :wink:

1 hour ago, Smarmy Arab said:

When the first quarter in is in look at the table, till then be optimistic…. it feels better!  CD will have learned a lot last season, more than the previous season that’s for sure!  Still 4 weeks of transfer window to go and plenty of time to pick up some gems when options for players narrow.  

Good luck my friends, as ever I’m rooting for you every game, well every game apart from 4! :wink:

Don’t worry smarmy it will only be 3. 

After watching yesterdays game v Hibs, I think we will be very lucky to win a game this league season. We might get a few “backs to the wall” 0-0 draws, but with the current squad and managers tactics I fear the worst. I hope to hell I’m proved wrong, because if Saints go down it could be a long time before we get back to the Premiership.

Crikey, already the league table is looking not too dissimilar to how it will look come the season end, though quite where saints will be by then is debatable. 
FWIW I can see us improving as players settle in but whether that is enough to keep us above 11th, not sure yet. 
this fence sitting sure hurts yer ass! 

1 hour ago, dunblanemike said:

Crikey, already the league table is looking not too dissimilar to how it will look come the season end, though quite where saints will be by then is debatable. 
FWIW I can see us improving as players settle in but whether that is enough to keep us above 11th, not sure yet. 

Get off it then

One thing that has made me feel slightly better about this season is that some of the other teams are looking distinctly ropey. Motherwell need to make a good managerial appointment or could easily struggle, and so far St Mirren look worse than I'd expected. I can see Hibs having another bottom 6 season too. 

On 7/31/2022 at 2:09 PM, glenrothes saintee said:

After watching yesterdays game v Hibs, I think we will be very lucky to win a game this league season. We might get a few “backs to the wall” 0-0 draws, but with the current squad and managers tactics I fear the worst. I hope to hell I’m proved wrong, because if Saints go down it could be a long time before we get back to the Premiership.

That lasted well.:laugh:

On 8/7/2022 at 2:56 PM, dunblanemike said:

But we are in top six

I thought we looked more like the Saints of old on Saturday: chasing down every ball, playing at tempo, throwing bodies in front of shots, not giving up. I was particularly impressed with McGowan in that regard. It has given me a glimmer of hope that it could be an ok season.

How thin the lines are. Without that last minute winner, its a lost 2 points as we sat back deep and highlights CD's approach to defending a lead. Instead, we all have some glimmer of a hope, we look for positives..... Four straight losses, we fall into the anticipated doom.....fueling our negative expectations.

Funny old game 

16 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

How thin the lines are. Without that last minute winner, its a lost 2 points as we sat back deep and highlights CD's approach to defending a lead. Instead, we all have some glimmer of a hope, we look for positives..... Four straight losses, we fall into the anticipated doom.....fueling our negative expectations.

Funny old game 

The game last season v Livingston epitomised CD’s approach. Scored in three minutes and then defended for 87. It was horrendous to watch. That’s what we did second half v Motherwell. We went from looking reasonably good (take that in context) in the first half to sitting back inviting Motherwell onto us. Disgusting, negative, time wasting  anti football. Surely we can be better than that?

6 minutes ago, andrew said:

The game last season v Livingston epitomised CD’s approach. Scored in three minutes and then defended for 87. It was horrendous to watch. That’s what we did second half v Motherwell. We went from looking reasonably good (take that in context) in the first half to sitting back inviting Motherwell onto us. Disgusting, negative, time wasting  anti football. Surely we can be better than that?

Just wait to see what cunning plan he has for Saturday. Sit off and don't tackle until they get in 18 yard box .Another 7-0 without a booking like Celtic last season.

15 minutes ago, andrew said:

That is the biggest problem for me. It's just asking for trouble to be so over the top defensive.