Paul Paton Poll

Bev Callard

Should Saints sign Paton?  

118 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is madness. 

On one side hes a proven, aye, midfielder at this level who's a better option in the centre of the park than anything we had last season outwith Muzz and Millar. Hes also a more defensive style of player whos style of play (sideways passes) is something previous players similar have had success with at us (Cregg). Hes under 30 years old, likely to be inexpensive and will be happy to play a more rotational role.

On the other side hes just played a major part in a side thats been relegated, his personality is absolutely rotten and he has a habit of game costing meltdowns. He's ageing, won't get us any goals, and is a player who won't improve the starting line up.

I'm not overly keen on him signing, but theres reasons why TW is doing it which makes perfect sense to me. So I'll happily wait and see how he does, as there was a similar groaning with Paddy Cregg was linked. Patons personality doesn't overly bother me, as long as he keeps that as far away from the club as he can.

This really is a bit bullshit this poll.

Would probably have been against Jody Morris before he came too.

Just let the manger do his job and stop thinking you all know better based on BBC Sportscene highlights and tabloid bullshit.

Hope he doesnt come and goes on to punish us regularly with another team - we are hardly welcoming are we?!! Some people should be ashamed of their attitude before he's even arrived.

Until he's a prick in a Saints shirt he deserves  to be given a chance. As others have said we've thought certain players were complete tossers till they played for Saints. In fact people I thought were alright before Saints have turned out to be complete wanks.

like he kept utd in the prem?

To be fair he was missing till after new year, and made a difference when he returned, but we were doomed long before Pates came back.  Nothing fancy from him, but  certainly a good top division player who gives his all, respects the fans, never shirks a tackle.........Imo, if he avoids injury he will be first name on the team sheet, and you'll love him! 

Edited by Smarmy Arab

Somebody who knows Paton well told me he's actually a pretty normal, decent guy

And I was also thinking that before we signed Jody I thought he was an arrogant wee prick. 

Somebody that knows Paton well?

Wouldn't happen to be the ex septic reserve goalie who told you?

Edited by HOODLUM65

like he kept utd in the prem?

Aye very good. I think if it was players at fault, which it wasnt, I would sooner be looking to Aaron Kuhl, Mark Durnan, Michał Szromnik, Coll Donaldson, Darko Bodul, Rodney Sneijder or Gavin Gunning to find the reason Dundee United failed to stay in the prem.. Some absolute garbage in that team. Not to mention all the other diddies Mixu brought in..

Naaa you're right actually, it was all Paul Paton

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

No, not because of him as such, but because I just don't think he that good. He's never really stood out for me when we've played against him. That said, not that I'm ever to focused on opposition players and how they play.

Tommy knows a hell of a lot more about football than all of us on here, so if he thinks he'll improve us, then that is the ultimate poll.