St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

22 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I agree it should be but once the players staff directors and sponsors get their allocation their will not be many left.

Any left will be taken up by the usual suspects .can’t see any going on ebay

Very very simple

The club knows how many years a particular fan has had a season ticket.

Get the most loyal of those fans, and give them a cup final ticket free of charge.

If you bought a season ticket this year, then you deserve it. Not me, not someone else, not even a sponsor (who is paying the sponsorship from their business and is then tax deductible. ).

Im gutted some people will be there and some not. It creates divide, and ill feeling. But this is where we are.

MON THE SAINTS

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Assuming we don't get to go to the match ... can I ask what people's plans are for watching it? At home with friends/family, or heading out to a beer garden or pub somewhere? There don't seem to be all that many open options in Perth unfortunately.

I've posted something on the Edinburgh Saints thread to see if anyone wants to gather in an Edinburgh pub but I'm not sure if any of the Edinburgh Saints frequent this forum any more?

@SaintDougie @Nelly78 @ryangordon86 @bigstu @st Tommy @chopper @geoff was right!! @Kilgour @Born2Bru @Baldy Marc @Thomas_sjfc @Edstar101 @crieffsaintandy @tony_polster @Goran Cuts Inside @saintcraigieboy 

Mmm I've had a season ticket every year bar 2 at Mcdiarmid including this one and one when I was skint due to unemployment 

I had one at Muirton barring a couple of years from late 70s

I can also remember missing out on a special celebration at Mcdiarmid for first 10 years of season tickets,I missed out on that because I only had 9 seasons due to missing one season mentioned above

Season tickets are for home games,and not necessarily to gauge who should go to an away game 

I'm not sure how to work it with Ltd attendance though so might be some sort of ST ballot.

10 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Very very simple

Get the most loyal of those fans, and give them a cup final ticket free of charge.

If you bought a season ticket this year, then you deserve it. Not me, not someone else, not even a sponsor (who is paying the sponsorship from their business and is then tax deductible. ).

Im gutted some people will be there and some not. It creates divide, and ill feeling. But this is where we are.

MON THE SAINTS

I agree.also I can remember buying a season ticket at muirton park  off Paul Smith when he still had hair.not many can say that.

do I qualify ?

Agreed to sponsor the car park. It's gonna be known as the "MySpazz Parking Lot" for the next 8 seasons. We'll be selling 2nd class match experiences at the cup final where you can watch the game from your car on your phone, but get a bit of the experience without being in the ground...... can put yer name down if you like?

27 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Mmm I've had a season ticket every year bar 2 at Mcdiarmid including this one and one when I was skint due to unemployment 

I had one at Muirton barring a couple of years from late 70s

I can also remember missing out on a special celebration at Mcdiarmid for first 10 years of season tickets,I missed out on that because I only had 9 seasons due to missing one season mentioned above

Season tickets are for home games,and not necessarily to gauge who should go to an away game 

I'm not sure how to work it with Ltd attendance though so might be some sort of ST ballot.

Maybe a random draw on anyone who has been a season ticket holder for 8 of the past 10 years?

1 hour ago, MySpazz said:

Very very simple

MON THE SAINTS

I think this is relatively close to how it will end up.

If say the attendance is 3k, then players should be given a couple of tickets each for family, so c100 there. All other club officials would have been there anyway, so that would leave 1,450 per club for 'fans'. I would imagine that this is roughly the amount of season ticket holders we have, at most maybe a couple of hundred short.

I cannot see every season ticket holder bring able to go anyway, age/self isolation etc might exclude a few.

On that basis (and assuming sponsors can GTF) then there might just be enough to get all ST's who want to go a ticket. For those that are left, if say there is 100 extra, go back to previous ST holders and if they can, figure out who has had for the longest, but doesnt have now OR a lotto style ballot. If you get a ticket, fantastic. If you don't, you get a free ticket to a game next season.

At the end of the day, there is no fair way to do it. On a selfish note, I missed out in the Season ticket holders ballot for Inverness Cally away ticket in 1992, so club are due me! :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Whatever is decided distribution needs to be whiter than white.

It will be. One of the good thngs about being a small club is the club will be able to take care of those who they value as having supported the club over the years. People like me, far away, not there at Hamilton away on the tuesday before Xmas..... we can watch on TV.

But i think the club will end up with players' family, sponsors, THEN some season ticket holders.

2 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Very very simple

MON THE SAINTS

Problem with that is, let's say someone is under 30, bought a season ticket all their adult life, before that their dad did. Discriminates in favour of "Bert, the 80 yr old". Nothing against "Bert", but whichever way you look at it, people are going to be p*ssed off.... A no-win 

13 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Problem with that is, let's say someone is under 30, bought a season ticket all their adult life, before that their dad did. Discriminates in favour of "Bert, the 80 yr old". Nothing against "Bert", but whichever way you look at it, people are going to be p*ssed off.... A no-win 

Also myself who used to have a season ticket every year since McDiarmid opened. But in last five years due to employment unable to attend a lot of home games so didn’t have season ticket for a few years. But had one for last season.

34 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Lots of sponsors are saints fans and should get a fair share of the tickets.

Dont envy saints in trying to distribute fairly and keep everyone happy.

Whatever is decided distribution needs to be whiter than white.

Club can't win. No matter what system they choose there will be lots of unhappy supporters ,all because SFA couldn't be arsed trying to get fans in as OF were not involved.

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Club can't win. No matter what system they choose there will be lots of unhappy supporters ,all because SFA couldn't be arsed trying to get fans in as OF were not involved.

I totally agree here. SFA seen to say that ground is in hands of UEFA. But UEFA said last night they were happy with fans to attend. Then today we find out URFA say the are happy with fans in the media tieing up with what we were told. Seems to be that SFA are holding back. But from STV news seems that we are Perth contacted UEFA who said they were happy with fans to attend. How SFA can get people to attend when they saying different to UEFA is mad. Now I here Ibrox, Celtic park and tynecastle have said no. Yet SFA still hadn’t approached URFA who said ther was happy and clubs below have fans and us but SFA seem to not listen to us.

The main selling point of season tickets was that priority to let people into games.would be given in order of purchase.I would hope they honour this pledge.

I would not hold my breath though and think that this will cause a lot of ill feelings. Human nature being what it is people like to be popular with their friends so those in the know are more likely to be successful.

This time though season ticket holders were given a number at the time of purchase, which makes it more transparent and know when other people bought their tickets.

So make sure the allocation of tickets is fair Saints or you run the risk of losing season ticket holders who are loyal and bought two or more tickets from the same address, even though they knew one would do to give them access to Saints TV.

I have had season ticket for fifty years in a row but think it would have been better if no fans were allowed to the Cup Final. As this threatens to sour the atmosphere of the most fantastic season I have ever witnessed. 

In reply to Yellowbox I also did not get a ticket for the Inverness Cally Cup Tie in 1992. This was an open ballot and not exclusively for season ticket holders. Although I know of a family of four who miraculously received eight tickets consecutively numbered. My response to this was to downgrade my season ticket.