St Johnstone V Rosenborg July 25Th 2Nd Leg Eq Rnd 2

rik2304

Never experienced so many emotions in one evening. An incredible and exhausting night.

First of all, I was seething at the little fannies who set off the smoke bombs before, and in the early stages of, the match. It looked shite anyway and added nothing to the atmosphere. Dylan and his mates were probably to blame for this. Minks.

We looked shaky at the back and got off to the worst possible start. I feared the worst and predicted 2 or 3 more goals to be conceded. However, the character of our team was incredible. We were the better team in the first half and I can't remember ever feeling so ecstatic at a Saints goal before. Stevie May was a hero tonight. Genuinely excited to see how he fares in the Scottish Premiership this season. 

We tired a lot in the second half, and it was pretty much 'backs to the wall'. Alan Mannus was his usual rock-like self in goals and the defence played out of their skins. Can't believe Rosenborg didn't score another, but I'm not complaining.

Aside from the goal, my favourite moment of the evening was witnessing the one cretin run onto the pitch at the end of the match, to be met with a chorus of boos and expletives. What a d***.

Nothing can stop this from being an incredible night and it will live long in my memory as a Saints supporter. Well done to all 11 players, as well as Tommy Wright and Callum Davidson. Glad we did Scotland proud!

Oh, and I don't feel too bad for the Rosenborg fans. The Norway Ladies' team won tonight, so I'm sure they will be over the moon.

Did it feel even slightly better seeing how WELL hibs did tonight to?

Hibs are an embarrassment most of the time mate, but that tonight was shocking I mean okay Malmo are a strong side in Sweden and I think they may have won the title over there too but still Hibs were shocking!

So happy for Saints though, I will behind you guys again against Minsk too!

Edited by Haz_6

Magnificent.........Simply Magnificent. One of the best results in the Clubs history. This is what following a team like St. Johnstone is all about.........nothing the Old Firm do can match this. For a club of our resources to knock a team like this out is truly exceptional. These are once in a lifetime moments............savour them

I'm completely done. Thought I might go out for a few drinks no matter what the result, but when that final whistle blew I felt like I was about to collapse. All I could do was sit down. I spent all day telling people we couldn't afford to lose an early goal, and when we did so I thought that was us ****ed. But we refused to let them get a decent sight of goal and it paid off. Stevie May, what a beautiful beautiful man

Special credit to Alan Mannus, who is simply one of the best keepers we've ever had. And to Paddy Cregg, who'll be turned into a Norwegian ghost story due to the sheer horror he caused the Rosenborg midfield with his never ending snapping at them

Anyway, I can barely type, completely ****ed. One of the best nights of my life, thank you St Johnstone, for being utter legends

Edited by RandomGuy

Flipping heck. What a night.

I admit I feared the worst when we lost a goal so early but our character, strength and determination were amazing. Stevie was cool as a cucumber for his goal but every single player gave their all the whole night. Nigel looks a totally different player! Tommy Wright has so much passion and you can see the respect between him and his players.

The last 20 mins or so was torture to watch but we did it in the end and the scenes at full time will live long in the memory!

As for the complete idiots with the smoke bombs and the muppet who ran on the pitch, lifetime bans from McDiarmid please!!!

Flipping heck. What a night.

I admit I feared the worst when we lost a goal so early but our character, strength and determination were amazing. Stevie was cool as a cucumber for his goal but every single player gave their all the whole night. Nigel looks a totally different player! Tommy Wright has so much passion and you can see the respect between him and his players.

The last 20 mins or so was torture to watch but we did it in the end and the scenes at full time will live long in the memory!

As for the complete idiots with the smoke bombs and the muppet who ran on the pitch, lifetime bans from McDiarmid please!!!

Absolutely spent, incredible, just incredible.  Couldn't find any video streams so settled in for the BBC Radio Scotland coverage with Mike in my basement.

I reckon when May scored we created volume close to the East Stand, at least my daughter woke up crying.

Crowd sounded great on the radio, must have been great to be there.  Enjoy our Saints legends while we have them!

Just in,stopped for a wee bevy in Kinross,if my boy didnt have the sensible nut on we'd still be there.What a fantastic night.Well done to all conected to Saints everyone should be so proud.Was it no just great to see so many fans in the ground tonight and for all those not regular attenders please please come back again.

As a neutral let me first say it was an absolute privilege to be there tonight to experience that with you all.  I could tell just from the sizable crowd how much it really meant to them all.  Drove a 190 mile round trip on a spur of the moment urge to watch history in the making tonight and it was worth every effeing penny.  25 quid at the turnstile with the missus and I don't grudge it one bit, absolute value for money :).  Hopefully this gives the Saints a little financial boost and you guys can go on and upwards.

Met some tremendous fans tonight and thought the Rosenberg fans were great aswell, the atmosphere was superb and I just hope that the FC Minsk is just as thrilling.

All the best, I will certainly be trying to make a few more Saints games this year. :)