Saints v Motherwell 20/02/16

glenrothes saintee

What a pathetic post. How many games have you been to this season?

"assuming that's where the three are playing"

Empty vessels make most noise.

Incredible to see what kind of anger people come out with when you have a go at their repulsive mates. Bitter man.

Can you explain what is remotely pathetic about my post? There is nothing pathetic about thinking Craig might play wide left and Thompson wide right in a 5 man midfield that doesn't contain Swanson with Spoony thereby being pushed central. Even if it did transpire my guess was incorrect that wouldn't render it pathetic, and given that MacLean started it blatantly was the case there was a feeling he had the better hold-up game even if by all accounts he didn't show it today. Don't let your misplaced gripe get in the way of normal discussion...

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

How on earth did Well beat United 3-0 at Tannadice midweek?  That's the worst team I've seen at McD for a long time.

First half bored me to tears, totally detest 4-5-1 formations and Macca at one point was deeper than midfield collecting the ball so does that make us a 4-6-0 formation at times!

Controlled the second half in a much improved performance. It eradicated the boredom memory of the first.  I thought the goal was coming and glad our luck changed and we grabbed a late winner.. They are the best winners!

Collectively the team played much better than the past few games.  Hope this is the spring board for the rest of the season. 

Ref was shocking for both teams... think Tam should have been sent off, but only booked then to score the winner.. ok. Thanks Ref.

agree should have been red but how did Liam get away with no card when he tripped the well boy up stonewall booking 

Incredible to see what kind of anger people come out with when you have a go at their repulsive mates. Bitter man.

Can you explain what is remotely pathetic about my post? There is nothing pathetic about thinking Craig might play wide left and Thompson wide right in a 5 man midfield that doesn't contain Swanson with Spoony thereby being pushed central. Even if it did transpire my guess was incorrect that wouldn't render it pathetic, and given that MacLean started it blatantly was the case there was a feeling he had the better hold-up game even if by all accounts he didn't show it today. Don't let your misplaced gripe get in the way of normal discussion...

As I said, empty vessels make most noise, and so it's proved above.

For some reason on various threads you have decided to attack ME for whatever reason which escapes me.

Notice you avoided my question, which I will repeat, " how many games have you been to this season".

Methinks you are the bitter one.

FFS get a grip and quit the crap:mad:

As I said, empty vessels make most noise, and so it's proved above.

For some reason on various threads you have decided to attack ME for whatever reason which escapes me.

Notice you avoided my question, which I will repeat, " how many games have you been to this season".

Methinks you are the bitter one.

Moderators asked us to stop so I'll keep it brief. I've never attacked you just twice recently suggested you've brought up my argument with AS unnecessarily, in both instances after you'd brought it up unnecessarily. I don't think I've had a single other interaction with you on here, and indeed enjoy most of your posts including u20s reports until this strange episode, but please highlight these attacks. I also don't send anything for you to receive, tripe or otherwise, what you've written makes it sound like I've PMed you which has never occured.

As others are saying, I don't see what was either pathetic or 'empty' about my pre-match lineup hypothesising, regardless of how it turned out, and I'm sad you've resorted to trying to resort to the 'real fan' argument.

As an expat, I'll have to wait for the highlights to see the game, interested to see just how MacLean played, bearing in mind my attacked pre-match comment predicted his mobility would need those around him to do extra work. 
Those who saw Thompson, to try and help the mental picture of those of us who weren't there, what was it about his game today that drew criticism? Was it anything beyond lack of experience?

Jeezo come on you lot, doom and gloom woh is me blah blah, let's all just be bloody happy that we have a win to celebrate, dunno about you guys but for me the last 2/3 months has been torture, onwards and upwards that's what I say, let's just be happy, any win would have done today, I couldn't careless it was the points that counted :)

I disagree about Tam. That wasn't a break from the referee. It was never a red card offence. Only time that is a red is if the player is clean through on goal and the defender is denying a goal scoring opportunity. 

Tam had no chance of getting near the ball, and took the player out.  Kicking an opponent in an off the ball incident IMO.  Similar to the one we had against UTD a few seasons ago, and almost in the exact same spot.

Those who saw Thompson, to try and help the mental picture of those of us who weren't there, what was it about his game today that drew criticism? Was it anything beyond lack of experience?

I would imagine that TW told Thomson to concentrate on providing cover for Fisher, and not to go charging up the park too early in the game.  As we were punting the ball to Maclean for an hour or so, the laddie had very little chance of getting involved offensively.  He didn't do too much wrong, he simply wasn't receiving the ball in threatening areas.  His time will come.

Tam had no chance of getting near the ball, and took the player out.  Kicking an opponent in an off the ball incident IMO.  Similar to the one we had against UTD a few seasons ago, and almost in the exact same spot.

was cynical, was right in front of where I sit but hardly made any connection, the guy went down like he had been shot, but as soon as he saw it was a yellow jumped up and started moaning at the ref, it's no often saints benefit from these decisions, but no doubt the Beeb will fit it into their 30 second slot tomorrow night.

Absolute awful game but feels bloody good getting that winning feeling back, onwards and upwards

Can only imagine Craig avoided a yellow as he never actually succeeded in stopping the counter attack, his intention.. Although I still don't understand how he got away with it 

The yellow is usually given for the clear intent. It was pretty funny actually. The standard of refereeing is getting worse. Surprised to see so many folk think Tam could've seen red. Maybe need to look at it again. It just looked like one of those "taking one for the team" incidents. 

The yellow is usually given for the clear intent. It was pretty funny actually. The standard of refereeing is getting worse. Surprised to see so many folk think Tam could've seen red. Maybe need to look at it again. It just looked like one of those "taking one for the team" incidents. 

it was. But he was so far away from the ball and he really did lunge in with the sole intent of wiping the boy out.

as I say, I personally think when the intent is to play the man that's far worse than a mistimed but honest attempt to play the ball which we've had plenty red cards for.

The first thing I said after he made the tackle was 'what colour is this going to be?' The boys I was with told me not to be daft it was obviously a yellow but I've seen folk sent for that. Complete swipe at the Motherwell player. I think it was a yellow but I don't think he could have complained to vigorously if he was sent off. Braw header though, what a man.

I thought it was a great tackle. Hard as phuck and wiped the guy oot. He wasnae so keen to  get involved in the game after that.. Great to see at least one player  with fire in his belly who didnae shite himself and was prepared to t*** the opposition..  Well done SCOBBIE.

I thought it was a great tackle. Hard as phuck and wiped the guy oot. He wasnae so keen to  get involved in the game after that.. Great to see at least one player  with fire in his belly who didnae shite himself and was prepared to t*** the opposition..  Well done SCOBBIE.

The tackle was neither hard, brave or great. As much as I like Scobbie, it might have been a smart foul but there is nothing brave about slicing someone down from behind, you'd be apoplectic if that had been the other way around.