Dundee v Saints 31/12/16 2pm Kick-off

The ghost of Jim Morton

Have had time to reflect on this game! Decided that we are just too ponderous, not fluid enough! Build up too slow, don't get me wrong thought at times we looked the better team but too many errors, not easy conditions but same for both! Think we have been rumbled! 2 men on Swanson and not cute enough when it came to the gamesmanship side of things! Disappointing to have so many players off the boil! Never mind time to regroup & come back stronger! Proud of my diddy team all the same⚽⚽

Have had time to reflect on this game! Decided that we are just too ponderous, not fluid enough! Build up too slow, don't get me wrong thought at times we looked the better team but too many errors, not easy conditions but same for both! Think we have been rumbled! 2 men on Swanson and not cute enough when it came to the gamesmanship side of things! Disappointing to have so many players off the boil! Never mind time to regroup & come back stronger! Proud of my diddy team all the same⚽⚽

Smoke and" Mirrors"! or Just Smoke.!?just one of these Losing Days... Saints were shit .! It Happens .! But not as much as it used tae.!.!

Edited by croc

Can we never play Paton again? Horrendous performance, and its utterly bemusing that he stayed on, while booked, instead of Craig. Three times Paton, due to an inability to turn on the ball or use his left foot, either passed the ball to Ando who was already under pressure, or simply got nudged off the ball. You could see the third goal coming as soon as he got the ball and started going left. It's farcical how one footed he is. 

I'd happily see him gone in January. 

Before the game, I was thinking it would be harsh for him to be dropped as played well against Rangers

unfirtunately, him and Muzz in the middle together doesn't work 

He had a poor game yesterday, but think you are being harsh. He has often come in to the side and played well.

Before the game, I was thinking it would be harsh for him to be dropped as played well against Rangers

He had a poor game yesterday, but think you are being harsh. He has often come in to the side and played well.

He hasnt played well. Every so often he comes in the team and isn't horrendous, but outwith the ability to pick a pass out, he has zero redeeming features. 

He was the left sided central midfielder in the second half yesterday, yet was regularly running past Muzz to close down the Dundee left wing, leaving McGowan and O'Hara completely unmarked in the middle of the park, and we're fortunate McGowan didn't score his absolute sitter the one time Dundee got the ball into that chasm. 

I really do struggle to understand what he adds, and when we're needing a replacement for Millar, I don't understand why we wasted our time with him. 

He hasnt played well. Every so often he comes in the team and isn't horrendous, but outwith the ability to pick a pass out, he has zero redeeming features. 

He was the left sided central midfielder in the second half yesterday, yet was regularly running past Muzz to close down the Dundee left wing, leaving McGowan and O'Hara completely unmarked in the middle of the park, and we're fortunate McGowan didn't score his absolute sitter the one time Dundee got the ball into that chasm. 

I really do struggle to understand what he adds, and when we're needing a replacement for Millar, I don't understand why we wasted our time with him. 

I wasn't at the game yesterday. 

However I am prepared to assume that much of this is the usual hysterical nonsense you post whenever we are well beaten.

Guest ScottMann

But last years tweets, man, his tweets...

Thought 2-0 flattered them first half as we were the more cohesive team,Easton should've been in a better position to cut out the first cross,he was too deep,at the second hes miles out of position,but nobody matches the run from deep.Second half we never really looked like getting back into it,and it petered out disappointingly 

Thought 2-0 flattered them first half as we were the more cohesive team,Easton should've been in a better position to cut out the first cross,he was too deep,at the second hes miles out of position,but nobody matches the run from deep.Second half we never really looked like getting back into it,and it petered out disappointingly 

I thought we were missing something on our left side as that's where Dundee hurt us.

Whether Easton was too far upfield or Danny or whoever was left mid wasn't covering, I have no idea.

Not sure I understand Tommy's analysis of the game. Too many high balls bypassing midfield on a day when the floor was the place to play it, like Dundee did a few times?

Sums it up Paton & Muzz should never play in midfield together. Not sure why Millar ,Spoony & Kane did not start.

What is it about these rank rotten performances we seem to produce going into a break!

Find it hard to understand how wright can go from being tactically spot on to getting it so wrong.  Don't think the 5 man midfield was the way to go and agree with other comments that Paton and Muzz just doesn't work.  

I knew exactly what Wright would say and it's hard to disagree, if free-kick goes in or Muzz scores with header we're looking at a totally different game and it's true.  

However that doesn't account for how much space our defenders allowed them. If you compare that to the way Dundee set out, they never gave us a second to settle.  At times our possession play is neat but what's the point when the end products gash.  The same could be said for our corner deliveries and final crosses.