St Johnstone v St Mirren 0309//22

tucker

What a difference it makes playing 2 strikers even though they weren't both up front. They linked well together and both ran themselves into the ground. Bair is still a worry but I think when McLelland gets fully fit he will be an asset.

Was annoyed that we sat back at start of second half with 6 men across the back + holding midfielder but they managed to come out of that.

Defence was good . Mitchell might be recalled to Millwall if he keeps playing like this.

3 points is massive in this league.

Have high hopes that if we get clear of the pressure of playing near the bottom, we could push on to top 6

7 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

You wonder how important that will be for Nicky Clark to score on his debut.

Would to like to have seen him take the penalty to and then you would hope he would he would feel his double figures target is achievable and really kick on. 

You can’t come back on to take a penalty after you have been subbed off:wub:

16 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

For some reason I have a completely and unfathomable belief that we will win this game handsomely. As always, my technical expertise has not lead me to this decision in anyway.

Well done, I think 3 - 0 counts as "handsomely".  Any thoughts about the Killie game yet?

Bit of an up and down game. St Mirren rarely threatened but we did back of, particularly the start of the 2nd half. 

Mitchell was excellent, can see why Gordon can't get in the side. Was surprised to see Carey so deep but seemed to work well. 

What a difference Clark made. Real quality up to  great in the air and a real nuisance. May seemed to feed of that.

Really liking the look of Matthews, his distribution looks excellent and he seems really athletic. Phillips is my kind of midfielder, looks like he'll be excellent given time.

Overall felt we were the better team, defence were solid and only concern was perhaps Bair, ball just didn't stick when he came on. Needs to work hard if he's going to get game time. Looked totally deflated when he missed his chance.

Definitely have the opportunity to pick up some points the next few games.

19 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

First game o the season fir me, fakes were poor, and Saints are back ( hopefully), also can't fault the Ref and Linesman, makes a change, also 4 th official telling fakes tae get back and take thrown in   and free kicks fae original position, must have been telt.

You'll have to come up the road every week Tam good omen

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

What a difference it makes playing 2 strikers even though they weren't both up front. They linked well together and both ran themselves into the ground. Bair is still a worry but I think when McLelland gets fully fit he will be an asset.

Was annoyed that we sat back at start of second half with 6 men across the back + holding midfielder but they managed to come out of that.

Defence was good . Mitchell might be recalled to Millwall if he keeps playing like this.

3 points is massive in this league.

Have high hopes that if we get clear of the pressure of playing near the bottom, we could push on to top 6

Gee whizz, almost sounds like a bit of positivity. 

Was expecting Fakes to come out fighting in 2nd half,  after halftime rollicking .

Needed a 2nd goal to dampen the Fakes enthusiasm. 

Fakes duly obliged with rash challenge in the box. Definite penalty. 

Icing on the cake with Montgomery faking to cross, leaving Fake sliding on his arse and picking out Drey Wright who finished superbly.

Every player put in a shift and got their rewards.

Mention for Clark who set the tone with his goal.

A few players getting a mention here for their contribution and rightly so.

One player who often gets over looked is Andy Considine, once again strolled through the game, a masterclass in defending. He tends to look a bit tired late in the game but generally paces himself well.

So he's 35, no substitute for experience.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Wingbacks combine to score second. Montgomery sat a couple of defenders on their arses with good footwork and passes to Wright who slots it home.

Must be the first time this season they have been over the halfway line.

Nice to see the Old @cagey back after his wee splurge of enthusiasm and positivity.:roll:

2 hours ago, Two Cups 2021 said:

Gee whizz, almost sounds like a bit of positivity.

It didn't last long :laugh:

5 hours ago, mike_gain said:

Bit of an up and down game. St Mirren rarely threatened but we did back of, particularly the start of the 2nd half. 

Mitchell was excellent, can see why Gordon can't get in the side. Was surprised to see Carey so deep but seemed to work well. 

What a difference Clark made. Real quality up to  great in the air and a real nuisance. May seemed to feed of that.

Really liking the look of Matthews, his distribution looks excellent and he seems really athletic. Phillips is my kind of midfielder, looks like he'll be excellent given time.

Overall felt we were the better team, defence were solid and only concern was perhaps Bair, ball just didn't stick when he came on. Needs to work hard if he's going to get game time. Looked totally deflated when he missed his chance.

Definitely have the opportunity to pick up some points the next few games.

Bair had his parents there probably wanted to impress. Wanted the penalty as well. But big thing is he won two headers.

Great result I guess the 2 goals against the Jambos and 3 against the fakes does that now mean that the sexy Saintees football team is back? Haha

Great for Clark to score on his debut, let’s hope he can be our new Hendry type of goal poacher.

Surely with May starting it might mean Bair is out to a championship team this week?

COYS