Saints v ICT Wed 9th March K-O 7.45pm

Great 3 points!  First half we were solid and okay without creating a lot.  we certainly tried to play it on the ground a lot more than recent games.  Second half we were good going forward and it turned into an entertaining half, with the players really up for it.

I thought we got tactics wrong v thistle last week, but felt Tommy nailed it pretty well tonight... The strikers right up onto their defenders to stop them playing it out from the back. The keeper was chipping the ball into the deep midfielder instead so second half we pushed Lappin up onto him and snuffed it right out.

we tried to play at a much quicker tempo, taking quicker throw ins and short passes to keep the ball moving rather than take ages over everything and give the opposition a long time to set up and end up having to go long as in previous games.

a thoroughly deserved win, though thank **** their header went over the bar in the first minute, instead of us falling behind again, or the panic might have set in.

3 points next Wednesday and top 6 should be ours... 

Thanks for the information Dave really appreciated. another 700 on our crowd over a 19 game season probably means the best part of another couple of players wages though (£200K)  so it is kind of relevant or are you one of the type of people who likes to shout their mouth off  about spending other peoples money while sitting on your keyboard at home?     

Whit?  Did you really type that... ha ha.  Not a scooby what you are writing. This is a match thread. Keep it on topic. 

Lucky to stay on the field as well(Fisher) gave TW a mouthful tonight and i thought he was for the off to be honest, however any win will do and according to big Hughes it was a toe poke who gives a feck, also according to Preston and Willie (Wanker) Miller we a Ross County are safe now as we have 39 points (can anyone work that one out) ????.     

Yeah,Tommy shouted at him & he gave Tommy a mouthfull. Tommy turned to dugout & told the Bulgarian to warm up. He must have calmed down & changed his mind. Hopefully Tommy looks on it as passion Fisher had a good game after that.

Don't think we ever looked like loosing the game, but did fear when we missed the penalty. You could see as the 2nd half went on the confidence of the team grew. First half it felt like we were a bit panicked and Lappin played a few balls to nobody. 2nd half we looked in control and keen. Thought Fisher looked good and Davidson doing what he does best. Slight concern that we lost so many ICT balls played right down the middle. Joe lost more than he won, but on the ground we took care of it.

Once Swanson got in his stride he just tore them to shreds.

Wouldn't surprise me now if we go on a bit of a winning run!

A well deserved win. Thought it was going to be one of these nights when we missed so many good chances & pen. No failures tonight & more fight shown in second half than we have seen for months. They celebrated the goal like we had won the league.

Wee  thank you to Yogi for not trying to win the game & not testing our goalie. And thanks to flu bug for keeping their two strikers in bed.

Great to feel a win again.  Best performance for me was yet again The Young Team....superb lads.

We could have easily been a goal down in seconds, yet again Mannus rooted to his line, but we battled well and the last 5 mins of the first half and the second were better with more fight.  Hard to play on the deck with a surface akin to Tiree beach, you feel for the players who run with the ball and a muckle divot spins the ball up tae their waist.  Fisher a lot better tonight.

Onwards

We played well and totally deserved the win.Had a feeling we would miss yet another penalty.! Thought fisher did well tonight.! Macca dithered far too much when he had a glimpse of goal,.! but you can never fault his effort.! COYS.

As good as it was to get our first win in ages against well, tonight's win somehow seemed much sweeter.  I think it was because we looked much more like our normal selves.    We've been crying out for a bit of composure in midfield and tonight Lappin provided us with that.  If we can emulate that performance against county next week(second half in particular) then this horrendous run we've been on won't seem nearly as bad!

I'm in Lanzarote.

who cares I'm in the frikkin states along with Texas and a whole bunch of ex pats ...

Why do people have to tell us there holiday plans you enjoyed the game on Twitter that's it  oh and by the way well done Saints you totally lifted the moral of all is ex pats that have to rely on shit rather than the real thing week in without  sorry did I mention I'm in the states 

Biggest laugh of the evening for me was when the diminutive Swanson tried to shoulder the giant that is Ross Draper and Draper collapsed as if he had been felled by a sledgehammer, right in front of the young crew.:laugh::laugh:

What a wimp for a guy of his physique. It was not the only time in the game that he collapsed.

Must be down to his bowly legs that Swanson couldn't resist to nutmeg.