The The Rangers (AKA Sevco) v Saints. 1/3/17

The ghost of Jim Morton

As I am doing sod all else & there seems to be no match thread started, I thought I might pick up the baton again. I am finding it very difficult to  come to any conclusions about this game. One suspects we will play 5 at the back and one up front but then again you never know. Was thinking about going along but am still scunnered after Saturdays crap and also, I missed Dingwall and we won. I am sure it has phuck all to do with me being there or not but I am willing to try any mumbo jumbo if it means we get 3 points.

I'd take a point now.

COYS

I think it's fairly predictable that we'll put in a hugely improved performance on Wednesday night. It's the story of our season. 

A win would put us three points behind 3rd place, so nothing less than a victory would be satisfactory. On paper, we should be winning this fairly comfortably. I predict a score draw after we miss numerous gilt-edged chances.

Full of trepidation for this one. They will be desperate for a result after two successive defeats and as such the atmosphere and level of bile directed towards the pitch will be palpable. Hope the ref (who is it?) has a strong constitution and we don't end up on the wrong side of some honest mistakes.

Full of trepidation for this one. They will be desperate for a result after two successive defeats and as such the atmosphere and level of bile directed towards the pitch will be palpable. Hope the ref (who is it?) has a strong constitution and we don't end up on the wrong side of some honest mistakes.

Pretty much how I feel. Rangers need a result and reckon that we may be on the end of some poor decisions. 

Think we will struggle on Wednesday. 

A lot of comparisons have been made between TW as manager and saints and other forms of employment out with football.

1. If you are unhappy with the resources you have to do your job, you either quit or keep an eye out for another opportunity. I.e quietly work away and chose your opportunity to exit

2. Any person who openly talks about wanting to take any another job in a public setting will errode any trust with the current employer and actually weaken your position when negotiating with the board for resources as it looks like you have no plan of being there in the short/medium term.

It looks to me that TW is tired of his plan A, which consisted of working away quietly and overachieving with a miniscule budget and the job offers would come in.

The media have pedaled him for every job going without success and now he has started shameless self promotion to force a move.

Apparently the current worst nightmare for Sevco fans is a 4th place league finish and then find Celtic playing Hibs in the cup final.  They are desperate for the money they think a Europa League spot will bring (they appear to have forgotten about the minor detail of the qualifying rounds) so could they force themselves to hope Celtic would win!  Lets try and make it happen Tommy.